Vamo Heating Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buritto

Jul 29, 2013
USA
I've had my Vamo for about 4 months now and I noticed that it starts to get warm after a few minutes of continuous use. The atty gets pretty hot and warms the top of the Vamo which I figure is normal but the bottom of the Vamo where the battery is gets warmer than the middle where the buttons are.

This is the atty I use though I didn't get it from here: Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer - Clone

when it was at 2.2ohms I'd have my Vamo at 6.5-7 watts. It's currently at 1.8 ohms firing at 5-5.5 watts.

The batteries came with my vamo. I've only charged them when they're low enough for the Vamo to not fire. I've probably overcharged them 2-3 times.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks.

Edit: I also have my Vamo on no2 mode.

Last edited:

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I'm not a veteran really, but the first thing I would do is stop using it. The second thing would be to buy a new battery and see if the problem still occurs.

When I use a dripping atty the atty itself and the threading on top of the VAMO get warm, but below that the rest of it is very cool. I've never experienced warming like you describe.

toolongtospell

Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Ft. Worth, TX
I wouldn't worry too much about the RBA getting warm, I use my RSST on my Zmax v3 it gets warm at about 8w running 1.4ohm coil. RBA's will get warm/hot due to the coils close proximity to the cap.

Now for the battery getting warm I would keep an eye on that battery, try using another battery and see if it does the same thing. Also, since you are using a RBA on a regulated device it is causing some stress on the battery to keep providing the same voltage till the battery will not fire anymore, but it shouldn't be too much to cause any danger.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
IMO, you have a problem. Check the batteries for swelling. If they are, you ought to dispose of them, safely. On the other hand, maybe it's just a dirty contact at the bottom of the Vamo.

I'd switch back to 2.2 Ohm, and try 5 / 5.5 W, and see if that fixes it.

I wish I had experience with a Vamo, to advise you better, but I would make the effort to get to the bottom of this. Thankfully, you're in the right place.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I've probably overcharged them 2-3 times.

wait your overcharging the batteries?
or just a misprint?

usually chain vaping on something like a dripper will heat things up a bit. even at 5.5w @ 1.8ohm your still closing in on 2 amps and thats a hot little wire. i would either try a differnt battery or slow down a little.

is it happening fast or does it take a few drags, i have heated up my mods from the top down before myself.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
My phoenix (V3) always got too hot for my liking, and that heat would transfer to whatever I had it attached to. Personally I'd suggest getting a larger atty, for dripping either an IGO-L/W or a phoenix V5, same easy set up with a larger space so you get good vapor and not as much heat transfer.

Also, check your batteries like everyone else suggested.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
The atty will get warm when you use it on the Vamo. It freaks me out too, but I just give some rest and its all good.

The problem is that the area around the battery on his VAMO is getting hot as well; taking a break from vaping an atty isn't going to help that. I've never felt any part of my VAMO getting warm to the touch except for the dripping atty itself that is attached.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The problem is that the area around the battery on his VAMO is getting hot as well; taking a break from vaping an atty isn't going to help that. I've never felt any part of my VAMO getting warm to the touch except for the dripping atty itself that is attached.

I'm not sure what it is about the phoenix attys, small form factor, material used, but they do transfer heat to whatever battery/mod you have them attached to. I noticed it on my ego batteries so I stopped using it with those, I also noticed it on my vamo on the top part above my screen, so I just set the phoenix aside and got something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread