vamo/zmax in rms/avg and taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Jan 1, 2013
Calgary AB
As a beginner, I was running the Vamo in rms mode as recommended.
I have an early version of the zmax - no rms - so I assume in wattage mode it is avg?

Anyhow, I was finding the Vamo very cool and the Zmax warmer. Nonetheless, the Vamo had a boge cartomizer and the Zmax had a Stardust clearomizer.

Today I reset the Vamo to avg (NO1). The vape was warmer with more flavour. I then put the Boges on both mods at 4 watts avg, vaped and then switched them between devices. To me, it results in a warmer, more satisfying vape. I draw into the mouth with about a 2 second press, not being a deep vaporer.

Why is rms considered better?

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
part of the things you are noticing can be that you are using what is considered to be lower resistance cartos. they are designed to simulate higher voltage/wattage vaping at a lower power setting. too high a setting can cause drastic changes in flavor. rms is suppose to hit harder and more accurately at the voltage/wattage you have it set to as where awg is not as accurate. some like awg more others like rms more. I have devices that allow me to have both options and there is really no right or wrong way. simply what works best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread