Vamo is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail just came, and in it was my order from fasttech, which took what felt like a lifetime. Already a big fan of this thing. One thing I noticed (after less than an hour with it, less than half an hour of use) I noticed that if you double stack 18350's, well, the force generated by the batteries and the spring seems to be causing the device to separate (i took a picture to upload, see below). It works fine with a single 18650, but with stacked 350s its forcing this part loose. I can pull it by hand its so loose. Do you guys know of anything I can use as some sort of glue that wont mess with the electrical flow (since the casing is what is used for the - from what i have read).

Aside from this one little detail, this thing is great. Just have a single 18650 panasonic in there for the time being. This thing is way larger than I thought it would be. I think ill be using single 350s or just taking my eGo batteries for work though they dont put out nearly as much power as one of these things can.
Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j603f5x6w7mcqai/20130711_161150.jpg

Any tips welcome.

So, that's the "business end" of the Vamo? Sump'n ain't right.

elaborate. I can take pics of the internals for you if you like. Im not sure what you mean by your comment. It seems like the cap and the part that encases the chip were just on the inner and outer bounds of the tolerances and that is why it comes loose (if that makes sense to you).

sailense

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Pago Pago, AS, USA
I've seen some other threads on here with the same problem. The top end cap for the battery is press fit at the factory, but it looks like some are a micrometer off and the extra pressure from 2 18350's is causing it to come off.

The solution is electrically conductive epoxy. Find some at the hardware store and put it on real thin.

Alchapwn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Union, MO, USA
Mail just came, and in it was my order from fasttech, which took what felt like a lifetime. Already a big fan of this thing. One thing I noticed (after less than an hour with it, less than half an hour of use) I noticed that if you double stack 18350's, well, the force generated by the batteries and the spring seems to be causing the device to separate (i took a picture to upload, see below). It works fine with a single 18650, but with stacked 350s its forcing this part loose. I can pull it by hand its so loose. Do you guys know of anything I can use as some sort of glue that wont mess with the electrical flow (since the casing is what is used for the - from what i have read).

Aside from this one little detail, this thing is great. Just have a single 18650 panasonic in there for the time being. This thing is way larger than I thought it would be. I think ill be using single 350s or just taking my eGo batteries for work though they dont put out nearly as much power as one of these things can.
Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j603f5x6w7mcqai/20130711_161150.jpg

Any tips welcome.

How many business days did it take to get to ya? I ordered from the same place. I'm over here in MO and thinking maybe our ship times may be similar?
I'm getting soooo impatient waiting for mine :/

Last edited:

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Yeah... so it looks like the battery tube just popped off the body then. The only thing that I can think of that caused that is something messed up with the threads on the body or the battery tube. On mine, those threads are pretty stout and shouldn't let go like that.

Do you have the V3 with the two equal length tubes that you connect, or the two different length tubes (350/650)?

I've seen some other threads on here with the same problem. The top end cap for the battery is press fit at the factory, but it looks like some are a micrometer off and the extra pressure from 2 18350's is causing it to come off.

The solution is electrically conductive epoxy. Find some at the hardware store and put it on real thin.

Any suggestions for which store? Would this be something i can pick up at Lowes, HD, Menards? Or would I have to find a store more geared towards electronics. I asked my one friend who would have some if he had any by chance and he was shocked to find he didn't (he used to work for a rapid prototyping firm, still loves electronics)

Are you using button top 18350's? Those are a little longer and will take up more space than the flat tops.

Flattops only

Yeah... so it looks like the battery tube just popped off the body then. The only thing that I can think of that caused that is something messed up with the threads on the body or the battery tube. On mine, those threads are pretty stout and shouldn't let go like that.

Do you have the V3 with the two equal length tubes that you connect, or the two different length tubes (350/650)?

There is not a problem with the threading, just the pressure fitting (which is not threaded, its held in by pressure), The threads hold up just fine, its the pressure fitting.

And its got a long and short tube. I usually use the 650 for at home/driving and a single 350 at work/for the drive home, the rest of the day till it dies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread