Vamo Mini-Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Got my 2 Vamos from VaporBreak (VaporBreak) a couple of days ago and finally had a chance (and felt up to) getting them out and doing a little testing... The packaging was very professionally done and both came out of the oversize box in superb condition and appearance... Not a fingerprint, smudge, or blemish on either one... In shorty mode both work beautifully with no glitches whatsoever... Haven't yet test in the long mode simply because I do not have an 18650 battery and I'm not a fan of stacking given all the warnings against it...

And talk about a difference in vapor production and improved taste!! Took the clearo (plain jane CE4) that I'd been vaping on my eGo battery and popped it on the Vamo(s), and yes they did need the 510 to EGO adapter, set the mode to N02, wattage to 7.0 and vaped away! Simply Heaven is all I can say!

Would buy another from VaporBreak without any hesitation at all given the service I've received! Yep, without any hesitation at all!

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Just got mine in, also using it in shorty mode because I don't have any 18650s (yet!!) and REALLY REALLY loving it. I haven't even messed with the VW part of it, but so far, compared to my vision spinner, seems I can dial it in lower on the voltage and get a better, richer vape on my protank/ Evods....

Now to go find a post about the differences between VV/ VW!!!

Deamon L. Scaduz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Shadows of Sin City
zenshadow.com
I got mine form VaporBreak a little while ago, and I love it. As far as the stacking of 18350s I do it with no really worry. From what I understand that is mostly a concern with mechanical devices. The Vamo has built in protection.

Just got mine in, also using it in shorty mode because I don't have any 18650s (yet!!) and REALLY REALLY loving it. I haven't even messed with the VW part of it, but so far, compared to my vision spinner, seems I can dial it in lower on the voltage and get a better, richer vape on my protank/ Evods....

Now to go find a post about the differences between VV/ VW!!!

The difference in VV and VW is as follows.
W=(V^2)/ohms or V=sqrt(W*ohms)
So basically with VV you set you voltage to determine your watts, and with VW you set your watts to determine your voltage.

A lot of people like VW, because it has less of a chance of burning a coil.

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Got my 2 Vamos from VaporBreak (VaporBreak) a couple of days ago and finally had a chance (and felt up to) getting them out and doing a little testing... The packaging was very professionally done and both came out of the oversize box in superb condition and appearance... Not a fingerprint, smudge, or blemish on either one... In shorty mode both work beautifully with no glitches whatsoever... Haven't yet test in the long mode simply because I do not have an 18650 battery and I'm not a fan of stacking given all the warnings against it...

And talk about a difference in vapor production and improved taste!! Took the clearo (plain jane CE4) that I'd been vaping on my eGo battery and popped it on the Vamo(s), and yes they did need the 510 to EGO adapter, set the mode to N02, wattage to 7.0 and vaped away! Simply Heaven is all I can say!

Would buy another from VaporBreak without any hesitation at all given the service I've received! Yep, without any hesitation at all!

Oh good, thank you for the review! My mind is at ease now. I have one coming in the mail from Vaporbreak, so excited! Do they come with the 510 to EGO adapter, or will I need to buy one?

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
Do they come with the 510 to EGO adapter, or will I need to buy one?

They do NOT come with an adapter -- you'll need to buy one... Be very careful in tightening the adapter onto the Vamo since there have been reports of too much tightening causing problems with the center post... Just finger tighten it until you get a little resistance then stop!

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I also received my Vamo from VaporBreak after a very long wait - and am confused since I have no need for any 510 to eGo Adapter. All of my eGo threaded devices works perfectly on the Vamo without any adapter.

Even the T3's fit since the well around the connection is larger now to accomadate the wider bottom of the T3. I have switched around from all my delivery devices without any problems.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I also received my Vamo from VaporBreak after a very long wait - and am confused since I have no need for any 510 to eGo Adapter. All of my eGo threaded devices works perfectly on the Vamo without any adapter.

Even the T3's fit since the well around the connection is larger now to accommodate the wider bottom of the T3. I have switched around from all my delivery devices without any problems.

Just tested and verified with my Evods... very nice surprise!:w00t:

I'd think you'd still want to be careful about "over-tightening" it because, well, that's not good for either the mod or the delivery, and its hard on the threads as well, plus, I don't think you'd want to risk having a evod/ t3 base stuck in your vamo and the top coming off when you went to change out the delivery.

I'd still perhaps recommend an adapter depending on the device, but I'm also the over cautious sort.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I got mine form VaporBreak a little while ago, and I love it. As far as the stacking of 18350s I do it with no really worry. From what I understand that is mostly a concern with mechanical devices. The Vamo has built in protection.

The difference in VV and VW is as follows.
W=(V^2)/ohms or V=sqrt(W*ohms)
So basically with VV you set you voltage to determine your watts, and with VW you set your watts to determine your voltage.

A lot of people like VW, because it has less of a chance of burning a coil.

VW is "set and forget" unlike VV. VW will automatically ajust the power when there is a change in resistence of your atty/carto.

vernhall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
United States
All of my eGo threaded devices works perfectly on the Vamo without any adapter.

The Vamo is, it seems, primarily designed for eGo threading and many delivery systems are, again, primarily designed for 510 even though they may have eGo threading as a secondary option. Some work; some don't. The CE4 I'm using required an adapter and I haven't tried any of the other ones (T3/Vivi/etc) that I've got so far...

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
I'm going to be posting all day on the Vamo thread because my Vamos are coming today and my husband will be leaving tonight on a business trip with his so I need to catch up on the latest and greatest advice, I bought the kits, (which in retrospect I have been told was not the best idea), so I would like to know if there are any national chain stores that carry unprotected 18350's? I did a Google and only came up with amazon and vape stores. Would like to pick some up today....our local B&M's don't have them in stock...

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'm going to be posting all day on the Vamo thread because my Vamos are coming today and my husband will be leaving tonight on a business trip with his so I need to catch up on the latest and greatest advice, I bought the kits, (which in retrospect I have been told was not the best idea), so I would like to know if there are any national chain stores that carry unprotected 18350's? I did a Google and only came up with amazon and vape stores. Would like to pick some up today....our local B&M's don't have them in stock...

Check Batteries Plus

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan

Even the T3's fit since the well around the connection is larger now to accomadate the wider bottom of the T3. I have switched around from all my delivery devices without any problems.

I too haven't needed any adapters to use all the same CE4 and CE5 clearos that I'd been using with my eGo 1100 batt before I got my Vamo. The only thing I have found is that if I use a ST UDCT, it screws all the way down and doesn't leave any venting, so getting a decent draw is a pain. I just screwed on a eGo thread cover that I used on the eGo batt when using a 510 threaded DCT. It sits just a hair higher than the top end of the Vamo and is slotted for venting. A perfect fit.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I too haven't needed any adapters to use all the same CE4 and CE5 clearos that I'd been using with my eGo 1100 batt before I got my Vamo. The only thing I have found is that if I use a ST UDCT, it screws all the way down and doesn't leave any venting, so getting a decent draw is a pain. I just screwed on a eGo thread cover that I used on the eGo batt when using a 510 threaded DCT. It sits just a hair higher than the top end of the Vamo and is slotted for venting. A perfect fit.

I'm curious that some folks have no issues using kanger e-Go threading, and some folks need an adapter... those of us that have confirmed the no need for an adapter, when (and where?) did you get the Vamo?

I recieved mine on 4/19 from MVS... yeah, I know a paid a bit over vaporbreak, but I was very skeptical about ordering from them (Vaporbreak). No need for an adapter here at all.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I'm curious that some folks have no issues using kanger e-Go threading, and some folks need an adapter... those of us that have confirmed the no need for an adapter, when (and where?) did you get the Vamo?

I recieved mine on 4/19 from MVS... yeah, I know a paid a bit over vaporbreak, but I was very skeptical about ordering from them (Vaporbreak). No need for an adapter here at all.

JL - While shopping for my Vamo - I noticed some vendors had "both" styles, the orginal and the newer T3 friendly version listed side by side and of course for the same price. The earlier versions were not T3 friendly and I think many vendors still had those in stock while also stocking the newer version. I was just careful to read the descriptions.

I got mine from VaporBreak and unfortunately it was over 6 sixs before it was delivered - I take alot of the blame for that since I ordered during the Chinese Holiday and when they reopened they were "bombarded" with orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread