VAMO OHM Error FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Seattle
I could be wrong about the o-ring because my Vamo will only stay on while a battery is in it. It won't turn off at all now, so its pretty much useless. In other words, it may have had other issues besides the pin shorting. I tried to get the top off to work on it, but its in there too tight and I believe I'll destroy it if I keep trying.

Could this be a problem with the circuit board getting twisted so the buttons don't line up properly?

FrostyWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
Ok, since no one asked in 11 pages, I figured I would be the noob to say something. Why are all of you using a 510 EGO adapter when the Vamo already has 510 and EGO threading?

I'm sure it's something I overlooked, but I can't figure out why you all are using a adapter in the first place.

VClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Seattle
Ok, since no one asked in 11 pages, I figured I would be the noob to say something. Why are all of you using a 510 EGO adapter when the Vamo already has 510 and EGO threading?

I'm sure it's something I overlooked, but I can't figure out why you all are using a adapter in the first place.

The ring around the top of the vamo is slightly too thick to allow some tanks (like the T3) to fit down far enough to use the EGO threads so an adapter is needed with those types of tanks. A regular EGO cone atty is thin walled enough to fit without the adapter.

When using a tank with 510 threading (like the Protank) no adapter is needed.

Hope this answers your question.

FrostyWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
The ring around the top of the vamo is slightly too thick to allow some tanks (like the T3) to fit down far enough to use the EGO threads so an adapter is needed with those types of tanks. A regular EGO cone atty is thin walled enough to fit without the adapter.

When using a tank with 510 threading (like the Protank) no adapter is needed.

Hope this answers your question.

Yup! I get it now. Was just browsing through all these forums reading everything cause I just got my Vamo. Haven't had a chance to use it yet (batteries and charger aren't here yet) but I saw this thread and got really confused, thanks for clearing that up!

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
thanks for the help.
managed to get it to work.
sure as hell is troublesome though

Btw is it normally that I cant screw it on too tight or ohm will drop?
so my vivi nova mini is slightly wobbly.
when my vamo was brand new i could not screw anything down too tight, the center pin was pushed way up....so just a couple turns of the atty base made connection, that changed when i started putting the Zen Atty U on and now it screws until it stops, much deeper into the connection...i wonder if i overtightened ...the ohm readings are below in pics..

VClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2011
Seattle
so my ss vamo still works normal but it has these readings- 9.9 ohm without a load, 1.5 which i know is correct under load, i cant remember if thats how it came brand new...i know i pushed the center pin down a bit overtightening heavy tanks....anyone? View attachment 211123 View attachment 211124

The 9.9 is normal when there is nothing attached or if what you have attached is not making contact on the center pin or you coil is blown. All it means is that there is noting to measure so is a kind of error message.

Marredding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
Warwick MD
My vamo stopped reading my protank or anything else for that matter. This just worked for me. I saw the little rubber washer sitting on top of the pin. I tool the little screwdriver that came with my Phoenix and worked it back under the pin. It works perfect now. Thanks for the post. It took about 2 minutes and now it works fine

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
My vamo stopped reading my protank or anything else for that matter. This just worked for me. I saw the little rubber washer sitting on top of the pin. I tool the little screwdriver that came with my Phoenix and worked it back under the pin. It works perfect now. Thanks for the post. It took about 2 minutes and now it works fine
You may end up needing the black washers mentioned in the thread, if it continues to pop out, it seems once it does that, it comes out a lot easier going forward. Once you replace with the thicker washer it will never pop out.

Glad its working for ya!

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
Great tip and thanks.
I'm guessing you did the o-ring fix rather than stealing the actual piece you need from somewhere else? If you have almost anything laying around with a 510 connection on it that you don't mind popping the center pin out of, you'll see that the "washer" is actually just the top part of a piece approx 3-4mm in total length. Everything from the "washer" down is what holds the center pin in place and insulates it from the negative. That's why the washer fix didn't work for me. But after 30 minutes or so of searching, I came across that video I posted the link to in a previous post, and didn't even have to finish watching it to figure out the problem and how to fix it. No soldering is required to use the fix in the video. Here's the link: Vamo Rubber Ring Tutorial & Fix - YouTube Hope you get it working right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread