Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I vote Vamo for 2 reasons. Basically they have the same features but the multi-button system on the vamo is easier than a 1 button system imho. also the vamo can take either 1 18650 or 2 stacked 18350's (powerhouse mode) or 1 18350 for a mini mode (although in 18650 mode it's really long). Also I like a flat top mod. They look a lot better with an rba like the terminator mounted on top. Oops, guess that's 3 reasons!

kaz171

Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
California
Vamo user for 2 mos - love it. 350 on the go and 650 when I get home. Easier menu than anything else out there. even if u get the cheesy spring, you can buy em on line for a couple bucks. I've dropped it many times and it still worked. One time I dropped it perfectly straight up and down on the battery cap about 3 feet. the positive pin snapped off the circuit board. had to take apart and solder back on....thats the only con I see in the vamo, but it might've been a fluke. I say try it - best bang for the buck.
BTW I also have a Provari and used the tesla and sigeli zmax so thats what Im basing comparisons to. Good luck!

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
In what way? Just the puff counter, or is there something else?

I have a sigelei zmax and an eVic, vamo on the way too.

Between the zmax and the eVic, I would tell someone to get the eVic before the zmax if they aren't going to vape over 5 volts/11 watts. Reasons being...in device charging, no rattlesnake sound, homescreen shows volts, battery level, watts and ohms (at the same time), it does watts by 0.1 instead of 0.5 and you can change tube and top cap colors.

Yeah, it has a puff counter too...

My sigelei is great, and built great, but I never go above 9 watts so it's not functionally any better for me.

Same thing with the Vamo, I just bought that because the stainless one was like 34 dollars through a coop.

Last edited:

Fatboy 589

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
Florida
Had a Zmax, all my coworkers have them, I got the last sigelei in the store. I loved them both, never used the vamo. The Zmax/Sigeleis look more flush, they're aesthetically nicer looking. The Vamo's feel better in the hand though. My only legitimate complaint about the Zmaxes is the plated finish on a copper body. I'll get a picture of my old gun metal zmax and how the finish just came RIGHT off. Looks pretty bad, still functions though. From my experience, you can run them (the Zmax) over with a car and it'll still function. Sigelei for the finish, CNC'd stainless body, and menu, Zmax for being able to be run over by a car. I think the vamo will give you a lot less of a learning curve than the Zmax would. But everyone here seems to be saying the vamo, so I say go for that.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have a sigelei zmax and an eVic, vamo on the way too.

Between the zmax and the eVic, I would tell someone to get the eVic before the zmax if they aren't going to vape over 5 volts/11 watts. Reasons being...in device charging, no rattlesnake sound, homescreen shows volts, battery level, watts and ohms (at the same time), it does watts by 0.1 instead of 0.5 and you can change tube and top cap colors.

Yeah, it has a puff counter too...

My sigelei is great, and built great, but I never go above 9 watts so it's not functionally any better for me.

Same thing with the Vamo, I just bought that because the stainless one was like 34 dollars through a coop.

Okay I'll bite - where are you finding different color top caps for the eVic? I can't find any king of replacement.

And back on topic.

Vamo
Sigelei Zmax
eVic

All good choices. decide what you need from the device then decide which one will perform closest to your needs.

I use the Vamo for flavor testing with an IGO-L and some of my tanks.
eVic is for my Kangers/Ce5's and some cartos

Passed on the Sigelei Zmax until it is offered with Ego threading(for Kangers) no since in buying twice :)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Since OP asked about Zmax or Vamo specifically...
I have both and am hard pressed to pick one as "better". Both have features which make them good. But if you ask me which I use the most, its the Vamo. Its just more versatile being able to use it in shorty mode or full length. The menu is much more convenient than the one button menu mods are. The three button system on the Vamo makes a big difference when you use a mod a lot - its quicker and easier.
For me the Zmax looks nicer, feels more compact and just seems sturdier. Yet the Vamo is sturdy too. The Vamo is longer than the Zmax in 18650 mode. Here's a couple of pics so you can see the sizes:

Zmax and Vamo 18650:

2012-11-29221353sm.jpg

Vamo 18350, Zmax 18650:

2012-11-29220436sm.jpg

Last edited:

Namir

Dec 17, 2012
Michigan
I wish I could give my two cents on the other two mods, but I only have a Vamo. I found it very easy to adapt to, and the menu system is pretty intuitive, even though mine didn't come with a manual of any sort I had figured out how to work it completely within 10 minutes of it being out of the box.There are guides on the forum if you need them, though. I love being able to fine tune my flavors, I use the variable wattage feature more than I do variable voltage.
I hope you enjoy whatever device you decide on, they all seem like they have their perks! I shopped around a lot and still have mods on my wishlist - It's a fun thing to research on for me.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
They show the different evic color tubes on the joyetech website but i haven't seen them for sale anywhere yet (I havent looked very hard though).

Probably after the chinese holiday. You can also use the ego mod 18650 and 18350 tubes though you will still have the same top cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread