VV / VW and Protanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
I'm playing around with a Vamo and a 134. On the Vamo, if I go above 3.7v I get the burning taste. On the 134, I can't go over 7 watts and I get the burning taste. I have a 1.8 coil in the Protanks and don't know if I should go to a 1.5 or up to a 2.2 or 2.5. Any advice would be appreciated. If that's just how it is, I'm good with those settings, too :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I tend to use 1.8's. Well, that's what they're SUPPOSED to be - they range all the way up to 2.3 when I check them.
And I tend to run at around 8 watts.
But really, as long as you're getting a good vape, why not run at those settings?
I have found that the VAMO seems to fire a bit "high" - meaning it's actually firing a little higher than set...
I have also found that with a ProTank (and ONLY a ProTank - this doesn't happen with an EVOD, T3, or MiniPT), that I need to remove 1 strand of flavor wicking, or not enough juice can get to the coil - I'll get "dry hits". If you're getting burning taste, and not enough vapor, you could try that.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I have found that the VAMO seems to fire a bit "high" - meaning it's actually firing a little higher than set...
I have also found that with a ProTank (and ONLY a ProTank - this doesn't happen with an EVOD, T3, or MiniPT), that I need to remove 1 strand of flavor wicking, or not enough juice can get to the coil - I'll get "dry hits". If you're getting burning taste, and not enough vapor, you could try that.

I agree ^^^'

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I tend to use 1.8's. Well, that's what they're SUPPOSED to be - they range all the way up to 2.3 when I check them.
And I tend to run at around 8 watts.
But really, as long as you're getting a good vape, why not run at those settings?
FINALLY broke down and did this with one of my PT2's yesterday.....the coffee e-juice I use is REALLY thick!!)
First time I tried...I hadn't re-seated the center post over the coil properly....and, yes, I got a leak!!:(
Took a small tack hammer and GENTLY tapped the post down into place...NO MORE LEAKS-----AND LOTS better wicking!
Like using a completely different juice!!:D
NOTE: Like Train2 -- I only removed ONE STRAND of flavor wick!!
Good Luck!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread