Vamo short fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
How do you guys fix the vamo that shorts out? I remember reading about someone replacing the bottom spring or something like that to fix a problem. I've tried all the batteries I have in my vamo v2, they all rattle a little bit and the vamo automaticly turns itself off. Anyone remember how to fix that?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
How do you guys fix the vamo that shorts out? I remember reading about someone replacing the bottom spring or something like that to fix a problem. I've tried all the batteries I have in my vamo v2, they all rattle a little bit and the vamo automaticly turns itself off. Anyone remember how to fix that?

You should have the new spring. You haven't said what batteries you are using. I use button top AW IMR and Efest IMR - they fit ok and the connection is good.

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
aw imr 2000mah, eh 18650 2250mah protected, and the standard eVic battery, all work but rattle. The bottom cap is getting hot now as well. The bottom spring is very loose. I took it off and tried to tighten it, looks like a flimsy stainless steel spring.

I'm guessing this is an old Vamo. I won it from a contest, from a newer and not as well known vendor. Can anyone point me to a place to buy a new bottom spring that will fix the problem, and fit correctly, preferably brass. This is also a chrome vamo, should I sand the inside of the bottom cap maybe?

Last edited:

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA

Pazazu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
North Carolina
So if I have the flimsy spring in the center in your picture by itself, its the unsafe spring? Buying the helix hotspring from avidvapor will make it safe? Sorry, a bit confused there, but thanks for the info.

I have the flimsy spring in your picture alone by itself. The small one in the center of your brass spring.

Also the inside of my bottom cap, should I sand it some before I put in the helix spring? The inside of my bottom cap is turning black now lol. Definitely a timebomb here.

Last edited:

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
I have the vamo v2 and the 18650 battery is always jiggly inside but when I use it with stacked 18350 batteries it's always a nice tight fit and never have connection issues what's using the one 18350 you get the full power capabilities so maybe you should work into grabbing a couple 18350 batteries

Edit : make sure to use the flat top ones the button top ones or nipple top ones will make too tight of a fit

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread