Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Let me know how easy it is to put on. I used to go nuts trying to put on the clear scratch screen protector on my cell phone. I needed it to be absolutely perfect, so I’m a little worried I’m gonna get a skin and rip the thing apart trying to put it on perfect. Or getting it on, then throwing it away in a few days because something is slightly off on it.

Like, were the two end of it meet in the back. It's gotta be the perfect size for it to not overlap or to have a gap in it. I know they make them just for the Vamo... but I wonder if the different Vamo coating's (chrome, black chrome\gun metal) are slightly different thicknesses.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Align the skin with the buttons and evenly press it down on both sides ... not too hard.

Might take a little to get the extension skins on. I found that the 18650 extension needs to be places a little higher to match the gap of the 18350 tube, this will leave a small gap near your battery cap but you don't really notice. They're easy to take off too.

Took me a few times to get it just right.

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Yea, the white one is looking pretty cool. Think I might pick it up.

I wonder if both jwraps and vaporskinz carbon fiber wraps are made the same. Like someone said earlyer, its prob just the same 3M carbon wrap that came out a wile back.

Jwraps carbon is 2 bucks cheaper and they have free shipping in the US. So I think they might be gettin my money over vaporskins. Unless someones got info on vaporskinz quality being better than jwraps?

Ya, I'm thinking white now too after seeing those pics! And then maybe later on get a black one too as backup :)

I think it's probably the same 3M fiber, it's the only I've ever heard of that has the proper look and an actual "Feel" to it.

Werd, so you can peal it off a couple of times and the back adhesive will still remain sticky enough to put it on again and have it sick proper?

I'm curious on that comment too! How easily can these be put on and taken off, how many application times is the norm before it's not so sticky anymore?

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
I've ordered the black carbon fiber skin, but I haven't received it yet. My assumption is that these "skins" will be comparable to the skins you can get for other electronic devices like phones and tablets. If this is the case, they are intended to be one time applications. I guess it's possible that you could remove the skin without distorting it but it would be difficult.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
I remember with the old school vinyl stickers for your car, you could put some soap and water in a spray bottle and mist the back of them, or the window as well. That way when you threw it on the window it had a little moment so you could slide it into the perfect spot and get the bubbles out of it.

It took a little bit to dry and stick for good though... not sure if these would function the same way or not. Adhesive has some a long way since then, not sure if the soap trick would work anymore.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you have a steady hand, a steel ruler and a sharp X-acto knife or scalpel, you can hazard about $7.00 at a big-box store or craft shop for a huge roll of Contac Paper and cut your own.

I found a roll of black Contac Paper with a texture something like wrinkly leather. It took me about five minutes to turn my VAMO into a device I can actually hang on to. And I have enough Contac Paper to de-slick at least another 732 VAMOs.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
You can easily take them on and off ... just go steady and slow. Not "forever" slow ... just slow enough that you're not stretching the skin. I took mine off probably 4-5 times and it's as sticky as when I had just peeled it. Just make sure your hands aren't dirty or anything to prevent dirt/grime/fuzz to start sticking to the back.

I had never skinned a mod before my Vamo and I found it pretty darn easy ... so don't sweat it.

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
JWraps has the original idea, and came up with the product..AND as a bonus they have tons and tons of designs for every product products as well as you aren't having to go through wait times. Customer service is awesome, you can can pick your own designs..and Kickitback is a Ecf member for many years and I trust him :D Hes always got my cashola LOL.

JWraps has the original idea, and came up with the product..AND as a bonus they have tons and tons of designs for every product products as well as you aren't having to go through wait times. Customer service is awesome, you can can pick your own designs..and Kickitback is a Ecf member for many years and I trust him :D Hes always got my cashola LOL.

I like the 3 piece cutout on the VaporSkinz skins tho - the 2 piece looks strange. With black carbon - seeing a few chrome lines peeking through would look sweet.

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I like the 3 piece cutout on the VaporSkinz skins tho - the 2 piece looks strange. With black carbon - seeing a few chrome lines peeking through would look sweet.
I am not sure or positive if they are 2 or 3 cut u could always talk to KickIt for sure

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They are 3 cut. I wish they were 2... I also wish they covered the vamo all the way up to the top and included a wrap for the battery cap.

LOL One wants 2 one wants 3 esh lol. Well see there ya go Jack_Ag they are 3 cut. Mr maybe in the what is coming surprise they will? Guess Kickit will let inquiring minds know :D

LOL One wants 2 one wants 3 esh lol. Well see there ya go Jack_Ag they are 3 cut. Mr maybe in the what is coming surprise they will? Guess Kickit will let inquiring minds know :D

Hmmm... pictures can be deceiving, it seems. The pics on Jwraps show double. The middle groove directly under the fire button isn't cut - but the extension is:
http://www.jwraps.com/images/vamoblkcarbonf.jpg
http://www.jwraps.com/images/vamowcf.jpg
http://www.jwraps.com/images/vamo22.jpg

it would be nice to see that groove, as well... at least as an option as it would look very striking in black carbon fiber - I am not seeing this on the website :(

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have emailed Alon @ Jwraps to get this straight lol. sorry for the confusion. He told me....

we do the 2 piece cut since less is best. Less chance of dirt go in-between the wrap and the mod, less chance of peeling plus there is really no need for the extra cut since its a two piece device anyways. We think it looks better and give it a much nicer clean look then having so many cuts. We also fit the design to the template which will allow you to use it in 18350 or 18650 and see the design as a whole and not cut in the middle whenever you use it in its small mode.
The other company does not do that.

Last edited:

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
look closer in the first one, the black carbon, there is 3 pieces but it's hard to see cuz there isn't much of a seem. from what it appears to me. You could always ask him by emailing him..

No, they are in fact 2 pieces at JWRAPS. You can see it in the video that is posted.

The wraps from VaporSkinz (which I have) are 3 pieces. The cut is just a dust collector and is not needed IMO. The unit itself doesn't separate there, so why cut the wrap?

The pic below is in shorty mode and you can clearly see the cut.

cNYyRl.jpg

Last edited:
The wraps from VaporSkinz (which I have) are 3 pieces. The cut is just a dust collector and is not needed IMO. The unit itself doesn't separate there, so why cut the wrap?

Well - the cut is there no matter what on the unit, itself. As for being a dust collector - I can see the issue if you keep the unit in your pocket for most of its life - but there is already a recess to collect dust on the unit, sticker or not.

I will say tho that if the unit was smooth in that section it would make the sticker look a bit better since you would not notice the indentation of the recess... perhaps I can use some putty or wax (something easy to remove should I decide to take off the wrap) to fill that recess so that when it is stickered over you do not see the indentation... hmmm...

Also - kudos on the apply job with yours - despite being different pieces - the mesh design continues to flow in your pic as if one piece. Nicely done.

Last edited:

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
Jack, I hardly put my VAMO down! I haven't used my Spinners since I got my VAMO. When I leave the house, I run it in shorty mode with an 18350 and carry it in my pants pocket. I assume that is where the dust comes from. I had the same issue when I had a carbon fiber wrap on my cell phone.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I still like the 2 cut vs. the 3 cut personally. You can see the dust below.

GPqhYl.jpg

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No, they are in fact 2 pieces at JWRAPS. You can see it in the video that is posted.

The pic below is in shorty mode and you can clearly see the cut.

cNYyRl.jpg

Uh yeah thats what I said 2..right above ur post cuz i emailed him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread