Vamo V2 alternative? My 510 threads are wearing out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Get a Provari! Ok it had to be done sooner or later its out of the way no continue on;-)

Where's the 'off with his head' button? :D

If you have a tap and die set, or know someone who does, you might be able to retap those threads and extend their life for a while.

Any brass mod is going to have soft threads. Same with aluminum. The metal is softer and it just doesn't take abuse like stainless steel.

jwroths

Aug 28, 2011
Red Deer Alb Canada
have you thought of fixing your VAMO by using an adapter

then you can abuse the adapter and replace as needed...

Joye 510 to Joye eGo or eGo-T style connector adapter

just did that yesterday all I did was take and drill head off and drill out the old 510 connector. then used a die grinder to get the part that mushroomed out. I then soldered the connector to the head reattached the ground wirer that powers the chip, soldered the positive and a bit of epoxy to keep it all strong and reattached. a good cheap fix so far.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
S s atomizer on brass mod threads is a disaster. A ss oddity stripped my kamry brass plated threads in a month. When I worked on cars we used a helicoil insert to repair threads. Not sure how great it will work but worth a try.. I may be trying this soon as my time is numbered I'm only catching one thread.

Supposedly the 510 threads are metric 7 x .5

http://www.helicoil.in/

may be able to get one at an auto parts store like napa.

Edit - they only offer m7x1. - No .5 :(

Last edited:

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I have had mine for 2 months and experienced the same. I was looking for a back up. I looked at all the options 79.00-129.00. I finally pulled the trigger and just now ordered the Provari. I can not see spending 79. or 99.00 on something I am not sure of. I have the charger and batteries,so I ordered the grey,red led and got the 18650 Ext cap. I think their 1 year warrany and that they will fix the device,is what sold me. I had heard so much hype on the Vamo and do love the way it functions,BUT the thread issue is a deal breaker. I have treated it gently since I got it,but 2 months and thread ware??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread