Vamo V3 Center Pin No Longer Soldered

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladzilb

Sep 18, 2013
New York, NY
Vamo V3 was reading 9.9 ohm. Gently pull out the center pin and it's no longer soldered to the wire. I see a white wire inside the housing but can't pull it out, don't have the right tools. I don't believe the top of the Vamo V3 is press fitted like V2. Tried to pull it off but no luck. Any ideas how to get this POS working again?

Thanks in advance!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Nope but a new one is 30$ !!!

no no no :facepalm:

You can wiggle off the top cap and re-solder it (the cap is only interference press fit inside)

An ingenious someone here used one of the battery tubes, screwed in on the threads where the beauty ring sits, then wiggle back and forth till the top comes off, soldering iron and a viola!
(if you have a vice or something solid to clamp the control head in, wrap it in a towel, tighten the control head down snug and back and forth with the battery tube till the top comes off go gentle and carefully)

From here www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/484659-vamo-5-low-v.html
Thanks, did it. Still have not figured out what is wrong..

Last edited:

vladzilb

Sep 18, 2013
New York, NY
WarHawk thank you very much!!!!

That did the trick. Will solder tomorrow.

no no no :facepalm:

You can wiggle off the top cap and re-solder it (the cap is only interference press fit inside)

An ingenious someone here used one of the battery tubes, screwed in on the threads where the beauty ring sits, then wiggle back and forth till the top comes off, soldering iron and a viola!
(if you have a vice or something solid to clamp the control head in, wrap it in a towel, tighten the control head down snug and back and forth with the battery tube till the top comes off go gentle and carefully)

From here www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/484659-vamo-5-low-v.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
WarHawk thank you very much!!!!

That did the trick. Will solder tomorrow.

tumblr_lkhnjmQ1Mq1qbive8o1_500.gif

vladzilb

Sep 18, 2013
New York, NY
Quick update:

The soldering torch/iron I had couldn't warm up a cup of coffee. So I took the Vamo to an electronics repair shop a few blocks away. $10 later a I was a happy camper. Yeah, I know, NYC prices.

This little mishap allowed me to change out the center grommet. All my 510 and ego connections fit nicely now.

Again thanks for that post WarHawk!!!

mainevaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
maine
Dude it's a vamo !! And he said I don't have the rite tools !! Go buy tools or a new vamo !??? Lets think

Hmm.... spend $30 on another vamo, that will inevitably leave you stranded again at some point, or.... spend $30 on some tools that you can use over and over again to keep stuff working....

Thinking hard

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread