edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Just saw this on fasttech

Details:

• 0.75" OLED display screen showing volts, watts, puffs, atomizer resistance, output current and vaping time
  • Variable wattage - can be adjustable from 3.0W to 20.0W (in 0.5W increments)
  • Short circuit protection
  • Low load protection: Lower than 0.3 ohm when use 1 battery, Lower than 0.8 ohm when use 2 batteries; Lower than 5 ohm when use as a mobile power bank
  • Over voltage (> 9V) and low voltage (< 3.4V) warning
  • Vaping time setting: Auto & manual (5-30 seconds)
  • Bottom vent hole
  • 510/eGo threading connector (floating brass center pin)
  • Removable beauty ring
  • Works with atomizers with resistance >= 1.5 ohm
  • Can be powered by 1*18650, 1*18350 or 2*18350 batteries (batteries sold separately)
  • Vamo V6 cannot be recharged by a eGo battery charger, you should take out the battery to charge

1848801-1.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Nice, I might get one after the dust clears and the prices come down. I like that bowling pin lookin one that takes the 26650's.

I certainly would not consider Vamo to be the "low end" of vaping gear. Seams snobby. Maybe I would if I..... Oh never mind I will keep it nice.

I consider it the "Ford" of mod (Ford as a comparison to cars). Pretty simple, practical, and fixable at an affordable price.
If you want a mercedes you gotta have and spend the money.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Unless there's something 'under the hood' that's not talked about, I don't get it. Why bring a new vamo with just 20W max when the latest buzz is 30W and up?
Already have V2s, V3, V5. V6 I don't get it.

Maybe to roll up the various display changes?

And for those who don't sub-ohm, 20 is more than enough, while keeping the low end for the situations that require that. Many of the high power mods don't go below 7 watts.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Apparently, KSD has put another 20W and a 35W out on Fasttech, too. They're calling them the E-Holly, sku #s 1847003 and 1847002.
KSD says in no uncertain terms they do not sell on or to Fast Tech nor is anything sold by FT a KSD Vamo.

Not saying one Vamo is any better than the other but there it is.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Quite likely FT gets them from another source, not directly from KSD.

While pics, of course, may not accurately represent reality, several offerings clearly show Kangside markings.

The eholly one here $38.94 E-Holly 7-20W Variable Wattage APV Mod - 1*18350 / 1*18650 / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping shows a Kangside display screen

and the ehuge $50.46 KSD Vamo E-Bowl Variable Voltage / Walttage APV Mod - 26650 mod at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping shows a clearly labelled Kangside box.

Are they really? I guess someone would have to get one and see if it matches the pic :laugh:

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
At this point I am more likely to believe KSD and lean towards they are fakes and FT will do or say anything to get a sale. Chinese manufactures and or distributors frequently show pictures of authentic products but actually sell you a clone or out and out counterfeit. That said, I certainly do not personally know for sure who is lying. But from massive reading before purchasing my Vamo there does appear to be a quality difference.

There are US distributors for KSD and the price point just doesn't make it worth it to roll the dice for me. My Vamo was actually individually tested for all functions with three different atty's before shipping. Plus they got mine to me in 2 days.

What I do know, talk, debates and downright arguments online about clones and counterfeits sure does get the product name out their for free.

I have not bought from FT yet, yet. I have other shady ChiCom sites I buy from :)

lesborda

May 24, 2009
Kanata,Ontario,Canada
My E-Huge has a CE and a check mark on it, so does my V5. The V5 came from Fastech.. I don't know if the represents KSD or someone else. The E huge box has Kangside written on it, the V5 just the same CE with a check mark.

Agreed I have been burned by Fastech before by not reading closely enough to see "style". Now I look very carefully.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Those marks are safety standard checks. The older fakes did not even have those. The only real ways I know are to check the number and or firmware, In any event if it works it works. I am certainly not an all knowing Vamo connoisseur. I personally don't have anything against anything made by anybody if it works. The only thing I have a problem with is a dishonest seller.

anendeloflorien

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
College Station, TX
So I got my V6 from Fasttech the other day before our roadtrip from TX to Denver ;D For those asking it is only a variable wattage.

It's my first advanced mod so I definitely still have a lot to learn but I've got to say I am not terribly impressed with how it worked on our Kanger tanks. I blew the coil on my Protank 3 within a few minutes of first trying it out, I was going into some of the higher range wattage (10-12w) and I think it may have been an older coil on it so I switched to a brand new coil and lower wattages (7-9w) and wound up blowing that one out within a couple hours...... Tried out my wife's Aerotank 2 (on a different battery!) and that blew the coil within minutes at 6.5w (~3.5V). So, I'm back to using my old stainless steel VV battery for the time being, I'm happy with the vape but I was really hoping for more from the Vamo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread