Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I picked up a V6 from RockBottomVapes about a month ago on one of the "Deal of the Day" specials (under $40). I'm rocking it at my office with a PT2 and homemade 1.8Ω coil. I'm around 9-10W, and mine is acting just fine.... When I put a nautilus on it (1.8Ω BVC), I am in the 11-12W range w/o ill effect....

I'm pleased with mine. Sorry to hear some have not had the success :(

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I had a SVD and dropped it about 10 times on cement, closed the tailgate of truck on it, basicly beat the heck out of it for six months and it still works. Got a Vamo 6 three days ago and it fell over on the coffee table and now it is dead. Will never buy another Vamo anything.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Wheelie, there are numerous makers of the product called Vamo. Some might be better than others... or worse.

I have an SVD and a KSD make Vamo V5. Granted, the SVD is much more substantial, mine lost it's "click" on the fire button about 3 months in (but still works, still in rotation), and there have been many reports of it failing totally. Inexpensive, mass produced devices aren't known for tight specs, all the way back the parts chain, but the failure rate on most seems to be relatively low. No consolation at all if yours happens to be the bad one, but writing off all brands of car because you happen to get the bad one doesn't make a lot of sense.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Got my v7 yesterday. Took awhile to figure out how to get into the menu (there's no manual) but so far so good! A lot heavier than my SiD, but my Kayfun is still heavier! My 18650 lasted longer in the v7 too, go figure. Got stacked 350s in it now. Took it up to 30w once, not for me hahaha, 15 still seems to be the perfect spot..

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    OK.
    Hi vapers !
    Lots of people here saying the Vamo V6 doesn't do voltage adjustment, well, mine does.
    There are like 4 versions of the Vamo V6. Mine is 3-20 Watts, Others are 7-20. Mine does not change from RMS to MEAN, but does have mobile on/off for devices.
    I suggest you look at the v6 on fasttech and scroll on the choice menu to see ALL of the vamo V6s available, all at different prices, and with different engravings.
    Mine is the Jesus engraved one.
    Hope this explains some of the confusion. I see on fasttech only the Jesus mod has both variable watts AND volts.
    Happy vaping !
    :vapor:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    OK.
    Hi vapers !
    Lots of people here saying the Vamo V6 doesn't do voltage adjustment, well, mine does.
    There are like 4 versions of the Vamo V6. Mine is 3-20 Watts, Others are 7-20. Mine does not change from RMS to MEAN, but does have mobile on/off for devices.
    I suggest you look at the v6 on fasttech and scroll on the choice menu to see ALL of the vamo V6s available, all at different prices, and with different engravings.
    Mine is the Jesus engraved one.
    Hope this explains some of the confusion. I see on fasttech only the Jesus mod has both variable watts AND volts.
    Happy vaping !
    :vapor:
    That's because there's a few people making knockoffs of the original KSD Vamo. And even then FT never seems to specify the KSD stuff, which is odd because they do with every other manufacturer..

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Uh Nope.

The authentic KSDs ARE specified, and for some reason this particular vamo 6 'authentic' is made by ISK.
    Apparently you didn't look at Fasttech's selection, you just assumed and badmouthed Fasttech like everyone else does.
    It's easy to criticize the chinese, but, remember, almost all of us are using chinese products in our vape accessories.
    Vape on !

Last edited:

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    Uh Nope.

The authentic KSDs ARE specified, and for some reason this particular vamo 6 'authentic' is made by ISK.
    Apparently you didn't look at Fasttech's selection, you just assumed and badmouthed Fasttech like everyone else does.
    It's easy to criticize the chinese, but, remember, almost all of us are using chinese products in our vape accessories.
    Vape on !

I actually wasnt 'badmouthing' Fasttech at all and have no problems with them in any way, especially being the poor broke vaper that I am..
    Sorry man, just went and did a search for "Vamo" and youre wrong, not a single one is listed as a KSD Vamo.. The ONE that is listed as 'authentic' is the ISK you mentioned, and ISK is not Kangside..
    You are right in the sense that they DO in fact list authentic KSD mods, but not a single one of them is a Vamo..
    There is ONE Vamo you can clearly see the box says Kangside on, but unfortunately its the V9, which KSD has not made, and in fact has not moved past the V7 yet.

Kangside's Product Catalog, clearly showing the v7 is the newest Vamo model:
    Products Catalog_Shenzhen Kangside Technology Co., Limited

Vamo search results @FT:
    Found 139 Vamo at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And KSD search results @FT:
    Found 15 KSD at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And there you go, enjoy..

jistjul

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    IME, if FT says a brand name, that's usually what they ship. If they say "style", it's not the brand name. That seems to be the experience of most of the members on the FT threads, as well.

But you do have to be observant!

I have bought many batteries from FT and I always get what is advertised - even when it is "supposedly" not sold there. That does not mean they are U.S. quality standards. Whether you buy in the States or from FT the fact remains that they are made in China and quality control leaves something to be desired. I have had batteries purchased at B&M stores that did not last as long as similar equipment from FT and vise-versa. It really is a crapshoot whether bought in the states or in China. Recently I bought a Sigelei 30W on eBay. Thought I was moving up. It lasted 3 months before the computer chip went out. I am out $75. So, today I decided it is not worth (and I cannot afford) shelling out $75 every time I blow through a mod. So I ordered a Vamo V6 for $30. At least it is less than half the cost. The thing is, when these expensive devices break, there is no repair shop or customer support. I believe mine broke more because I occasionally didn't use enough cotton in my build and it flooded than because of shoddy manufacturing. Also, I am prone to dropping it. So no more "high-end" mods for me. I never used the Sigelei at a higher wattage than 20 anyway.

jistjul

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    What about sweetvape? They sell the V6 for about 10 bucks more than FT. I was thinking about ordering a V6 from Sweetvape after reading so many bad reviews about FT. But I really don't know much about either site. The only vape stuff I've bougt online has been from vaporbeast... So far.

I buy frequently from Sweet Vapes in Wisconsin. I have had really good luck with them. My cousin hasn't been as fortunate. She bought a mini protank 3 dual coil and some atomizers from Sweet Vapes. The atomizers did not fit into the CLONE mini protank they sent her. She tried contacting them about the issue and they ignored her emails. She just took her business elsewhere. Sweet Vapes has great (U.S.) prices and fast shipping. I usually check eBay before I purchase from any vape shop. EBay usually comes in 5 or more dollars less with free shipping than any Vape Shop including Discount Vapors. Except FastTech. But when you break your only decent Mod, you aren't trying to wait 2 weeks to replace it!

jistjul

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2013
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    So I got my V6 from Fasttech the other day before our roadtrip from TX to Denver ;D For those asking it is only a variable wattage.

It's my first advanced mod so I definitely still have a lot to learn but I've got to say I am not terribly impressed with how it worked on our Kanger tanks. I blew the coil on my Protank 3 within a few minutes of first trying it out, I was going into some of the higher range wattage (10-12w) and I think it may have been an older coil on it so I switched to a brand new coil and lower wattages (7-9w) and wound up blowing that one out within a couple hours...... Tried out my wife's Aerotank 2 (on a different battery!) and that blew the coil within minutes at 6.5w (~3.5V). So, I'm back to using my old stainless steel VV battery for the time being, I'm happy with the vape but I was really hoping for more from the Vamo.

Those pre-made coils are not designed to be used at higher wattages than say - 7-8. There are new "sub-ohm" coils that may be better at crossing the divide, but of course you blew out your coils...too much power. The higher wattages (20, 30 etc) are primarily for rbt or rba's and those who wish to sub-ohm. IMO

Davey59

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Monroe WA
    Uh Nope.

Vape on !

Well, I for one will not badmouth the Chinese manufacturing or their quality control. Some are fricken great and set the standard, others, well not so much. Plenty of cheapo crap out there being passed off. After all, the Chinese make most all vape gear.

Not my intention to burst your bubble but if it is not Kangside it is NOT an authentic Vamo. What you have is an "authentic ISK" and they evidently make a Vamo.
    Is it better or worse? I don't know, don't have one. I own a KSD, I also have a knock off Vamo but have no idea who made it, the KSD is a far better mod though.

With a KSD you push the fire button while connecting the battery and this will bring up the firmware version and will then say Vamo. Knock offs generally say something like "hello". Three buttons down at the same time will bring up the patent number.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread