Vamo vs sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    I happen to own both of these. They are worth their cost. They are very similar. The Major differences come down to how you use the device, otherwise they're pretty much the same thing.

the difference that you'll notice every day?

The Sid has one button and a menu system. Gotta access and scroll no mater what. However, voltage up/down are the two first options, so, not entirely a problem.

Turning the device on and off, requires going into the menu.

Checking the Ohms on the SiD is a bit of a pain. I like my LCD screen to display the voltage when it fires. So, if I want to check ohms, I need to go into the menu, scroll to option 5(i think), set the LCD screen to display resistance, wait for it to lock in, THEN check resistance.

Now, you could have the display read out your Ohms all the time, and then you would see your voltage/wattage when you adjust it, or just remember it. Personally, If I dont know the ohms, I just use the Vamo to check. Push a button, get the ohms.

-Oh hey, one neat thing about the SiD, is its the same threading for the tube as the joyetech Evic, so any of the Evic Tubes out there should fit not problem on the SiD control head.

AS for the vamo, well, it doesnt have a menu that you need to acess very much. There IS a menu, but once you set it to VV or VW, and decide if you want your LCD display to light up when you fire the device, you'll rarely access it.

Right button shows Ohms, Left Button shows remaining voltage(both when being held down.) Right button/Left Button Voltage up/Voltage Down. Turn on/off by hitting the fire button 5-6 times.

Otherwise, they're the same thing more or less. They both have nice OLED Screens,They both have removeable top caps, they both can fit Kanger T3s/Evods, they both are Variable Voltage Variable Wattage Devices.. Honestly they're both great devices for the money. They both have battery flexibility, but the Vamo has it built it, the SiD has seperate tubes available to use different batteries.

Ive dropped both of them a lot, and they're still kicking. I mean A LOT.. I tend to vape as Im falling asleep(something I always wished to be able to do when somking analogs, but now I actually can), and I fall asleep and the device rolls out of my hand onto the floor. Pr they're standing up and I knock them over. I wouldnt play street hockey with them, but they seem durable enough to take a couple hits in a home scenario.

Do I have a preference? Well, here:
    I like the Vamo because everything is easily accessed quickly and I can switch from 18350 to 18650 mode, no problem. Also, it looks REALLY sharp with matching stainless steel toppers. SS Evods, tanks with SS accents, even just SS Carto/Attys, its just a slick complete look.

I like the SiD, because its just a teeny bit shorter than the Vamo, but it makes it the literal PERFECT size for how I like to hold the device. The SiD fits into my hand in such a way that is just wonderful, like it was made for my hand.

Bottom line, is they're both solid. I honestly would pick the one you think looks better to you, because honestly, THATS probably the biggest difference, how you think they look.

Trev1

ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2013
    CT/NYC
    Nice post Jman ....is the sid smaller in width and length?

Ive dropped both of them a lot, and they're still kicking. I mean A LOT.. I tend to vape as Im falling asleep(something I always wished to be able to do when somking analogs, but now I actually can), and I fall asleep and the device rolls out of my hand onto the floor. Pr they're standing up and I knock them over.

By golly gee IM NOT ALONE!!!! Vaping in bed is a beautiful thing!

Last edited:

Spanked

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2012
    Bakersfield, CA
    You can buy a telescopic tube for the sid

Sent Between Spankings

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378771037389.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1378771037389.jpg
      16 KB · Views: 72

Grimjack

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    Arizona
    I thought I would chime in as someone who has used both. I prefer the Vamo's menu system as other have mentioned, but the SID seems to be a better quality build. I have had to purchase a couple Vamo's, the first failed after 2 weeks, and the second lost one of the buttons (and not due to a fall, it simply fell in). The SID I have now is the same one I purchased several months ago, very solid device. Bottom line they are both reasonably prices and perform very well.

JayTater

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 10, 2013
    tampa fl
    The Evic tubes are a direct fit for the SID.

Now, not even after a month since posting my above post, my SID has crapped out, and my wife's is misfiring like crazy. I've since moved on to mechs and kicks. I'll never get another SID or Vamo.. The kick is cheaper to replace if it craps out, and the majority of the mech devices are bulletproof..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread