• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Wham Bam, thank you Vam ~ o

Got me a Vamo today. Interesting variable wattage device. Lots of features and ways of setting it up. Will take a few days of palying with to get to know it.

Lots of talk about the springs being bad and heating up between the bottom cap and the battery. I took a hot spring I had gotten from AltSmoke and swapped it with the Vamo spring & no problems with that.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
Only if there is a vent hole on the bottom cap, which there is, to suck out the vapor. LOL!

From all reports there wasn't enough heat for that, but good joke, just enough warmth to notice it against the palm of your hand. Todd e-cig reviews was doing his initial review of a Vamo and on the second toke looked at the bottom of the device and said, 'hmmm is there some warmth in the bottom vape? Seems a little odd."

Not enough to excite you, just enough to think, 'that's odd'. Then the worry warts and fear mongers jumped all over it, 'It's going to explode the battery' 'It's a pipe bomb'. Never mind all the built in protections against overheating, etc, etc, etc already programed into the Vamo. It's the wrong spring. Change it and go about your life. Too many chicken littles making way too much noise, focusing on the problem and not looking AT ALL for a solution.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
By the way, there is a 40% off coupon for ECF for the Vamo for use at Exhale Vapors this weekend. Look it up. Makes the Vamo about $40.00 or so shipped.

Dave at Desert Vapes sells it as well, although, not called the Vamo for about the same. Contact him if you want him to save you one for the next meet. They are going f~a~s~t

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
I picked up a gunmetal Vamo recently from a co-op and have been running it in 18350 mode. Have a black chrome A7 on it right now, and it looks/vapes awesome. Battery life is pretty good. I am pleasantly surprised with this thing. And for the price I paid...

I haven't run into any issue at all with the warm cap thing. It came with kind of a wimpy spring, but I stretched it a bit and haven't run into any problem.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, SLH, do you think that 2.75 x 37mm will work ok for you on that ceramic wick for your ZAP? Something else you might be using it with? Let me know as soon as you can so I can whip one up this afternoon.

AzVitesse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Wham Bam, thank you Vam ~ o

Got me a Vamo today. Interesting variable wattage device. Lots of features and ways of setting it up. Will take a few days of palying with to get to know it.

Lots of talk about the springs being bad and heating up between the bottom cap and the battery. I took a hot spring I had gotten from AltSmoke and swapped it with the Vamo spring & no problems with that.

I've had my Vamo for a couple of weeks now, and I absolutely LOVE it! For the money, I think it's the best VV/VW mod you can get right now. Next I need to get some 18350's so I can try it out in "shortie' mode.

See you at the meet!

VaperBart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
St. Pete Florida, USA
Expecting my SS vamo in a few days along with a 18650 & 18350 batteries and an xtar charger. This it wll be my very first tube mod as i have had nothing but ego style batteries...however they are VV. From what i hear going to a tube mod is a day and night diffrence so im kinda stoked to get this thing.

Last edited:

VaperBart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
St. Pete Florida, USA
Well my vamo got here earlier than i expected.

Attachments

• IMG120-1.jpg
    IMG120-1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread