Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
Is it just a matter of preference or is it better to use 2 batteries or just the one 18650. I am drooling over the Vamo at fasttech too and I see they offer it both ways.

You can run it with 1 X 18650, 1 X 18350 or 2 X 18350... I use the single 18650 but I hear of others saying they get a little more umph out of running 2 X 18350...

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
You can run it with 1 X 18650, 1 X 18350 or 2 X 18350... I use the single 18650 but I hear of others saying they get a little more umph out of running 2 X 18350...

I have done it both ways, with two 18350's you will get a hotter burn but when you are vaping using the "watts" setting, (which is the ONLY way to vape IMHO), you get a burned atty taste sooner at lower watts, I prefer 1 18650, this allows more wiggle room when adjusting watts upward and is much safer than stacking.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Is it just a matter of preference or is it better to use 2 batteries or just the one 18650. I am drooling over the Vamo at Fasttech too and I see they offer it both ways.

Backup.... Always have a spare battery! (I have 40 for 10 devices (between the wife and I...ok ok.. 8 are for the back power supplies we can use for our phones... but I vape off them too!!))

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Is it just a matter of preference or is it better to use 2 batteries or just the one 18650. I am drooling over the Vamo at Fasttech too and I see they offer it both ways.

I can't speak for all Vamo, just relay my experience. When you run your Vamo in VW mode, it remembers the wattage setting when you swap batteries. So when you exchange your 650 for stacked 350s, it over powers the device (if you're >8 watts). Sounds like a fried transformer. Within a couple minutes, I get a Lo voltage warning on newly charged batteries. Funny though, I could take each one alone, in shorty mode and vape for hours.

It doesn't appear to remember the coil resistance when you change out, so it's firing full power. SO......when using stacked 350s I do two things first. 1) before firing, I "check" the coil resistance, so the Vamo knows what it is. Secondly, either change to VV mode (which defaults to 3V), or make sure you're VW setting is low before your first fire. Haven't had an issue with stacked batteries since.

theonlyace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Minneapolis
Stacking is a viable practice if done safely. If you use quality protected and safer chemistry batteries you can stack safely. Mind you, the battery on top is going to be worked slightly more. Make sure you mark your batteries for rotation and always charge/use in pairs. Never mix and match while stacking(used in series). The Theory goes: Why would you try to pull 5+ volts out of a 4 volt(3.7 v)battery when you can pull it out of a 8 volt battery(2x 3.7v in series= 7.4v)?

pcie

May 30, 2013
Central NJ
...The Theory goes: Why would you try to pull 5+ volts out of a 4 volt(3.7 v)battery when you can pull it out of a 8 volt battery(2x 3.7v in series= 7.4v)?
Either way a buck-boost converter has to be used to regulate the output over the range of available voltages, input doesn't much matter TBH. You could run a 50KV stun gun off a 1.5V duracell.

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
That is a SERIOUSLY good deal as a package. I didn't buy my Vamo from FastTech, because they didn't carry them then, but I have bought other things. I even bought a watch from them.

Me too! They started carrying them in between the time I ordered from the other place and the time I received it. I'll be ordering my back up Vamo from them. I've found several items (some of which are daily use type things) for a fraction of what I would pay either on another site or at a store. Fasttech is now my go to and I would recommend them.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Just got my Vamo and some other stuff from FastTech this week. I think it took a little over a week to the Dallas area, and I was able to track my order with no problem (I was even able to see a picture of my package). I'm totally pleased, especially since I received a follow up email yesterday with a link to let them know if there was anything wrong with my order. Now, that is great CS, and I will definitely be ordering from them again!

killjoyken

Verified Member
May 22, 2013
San Jose, CA
I just placed my first order from FT last week and even though it took a week to ship, I did get an email with a tracking number. You can't really complain about the wait when the prices are so low and you get free shipping.

Didn't order a Vamo from them, but I've been borrowing a friend's Vamo and it works just as well as my eVic for less than half the cost. Less features, but 10x more durable so the eVic stays at home and I take the Vamo on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread