Vandy Vape Pulse BF Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Vandy vape Pulse BF Box mod. The Pulse BF Box mod was kindly supplied by Pearl from Cigabuy for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-v...11061.html

Before i do the review, this device is of course an unregulated device, please be competent with ohms law before considering buying this device.

In the Box

Contents:

Pulse BF Mod
Instruction Manual (including battery safety section)
18650 Adapter
Spare Magnets
Spare Screw and Spring for Kill Latch

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Pulse BF Mod's chassis and the removable panels are made from plastic, yet don't have the cheap look or feel about it you might expect. The material used is what is used with 3D printed devices, in this case the material is put in molds. On the front panel there is a large protruding Pulse logo and on the rear "Tony B project" ( for those who haven't checked out Tony Britton of the Vapor Trail Channel he has the great skill of despite being very Knowledgeable, explains things in very simple terms). Down the spine VANDYVAPE is etched on in large capitals. The fire button is very large and very shiny, finally it has a very nice 510 which is sprung mounted and very sturdy. The chassis of the device is black and the one sent to me has the cyan panels, (the 2 colours look great together). The device is light and all the edges are rounded off making it ideal to squonk on the go. The panels fit into place very nicely and are secured with magnets.

Specs:

Max Currect: 40A
Capacity: 8ml
Battery: 18650 / 20700 (Sold Separately)
Size: 77 x 50 x 27mm
Nylon + ABS Material - High temperature resistant
Unregulated squonk box mod
Copper contacts (No wires)
Compatible with 18650 and the new 20700 batteries (Sold Separately)
Two access points on the back for easy removal of battery and bottle
8ml food grade silicone bottle with a stainless steel cap easy to squeeze
Magnetic structure design, easy to replace panels.
Spring Loaded 510 Threading
Colours: Red, Cyan, Grey, Black

Inside the Squonker

With the panels off you get to see how neat and tidy this little device is, this is helped by the copper plate being housed in a channel inside the plastic which can only be viewed from the rear. The device takes a 20700 battery but with the supplied silicone adapter a 18650 can be used (the battery is placed positive down). As with most of these type of devices care needs to be taken to avoid damaging your wrap but in this case having access from the rear helps. Being able to just poke the bottle forwards from the rear i found no need to pull out the tube but simply unscrewed the bottle directly to fill, but that's just personal choice. The best feature for me is the kill latch which you simply lift up to break the circuit so the device can't fire by accident, (i'm not sure how much Tony B was involved in the design; but i wouldn't be at all surprised if this was his idea).

Using the Pulse BF Mod

I have a couple of mech squonkers i enjoy using but this was different class, i absolutely love the switch and response when firing, the throw is wonderful. There are mixed opinions i've read about the switch some love it and some calling it mushy, well if it's mushy then i love mushy (give me more mushy). The bottle is very soft and is the first one i haven't had to replace, (I normally find the bottle too stiff for my liking and replace with a silicone supersoft bottle). The cut out section for pressing the bottle is larger than the norm which i found another big plus. Again some might find the bottle too soft, but i found it spot on. You can fit a 25mm tank flush and the 510 also has bottom air channels, but will only be of use on 14mm maximum tanks.

Kill Latch
Nice Responsive Switch
Fit up to 25mm tanks
Removable front and back plates
Use 20700 or 18650 Battery
Nice soft bottle
Very Neat and Tidy Interior
Nice design and well made.
Nice Size Cut Out For Bottle Press.
Panels Fit Very Well

Dislikes

Some people might find the bottle too soft and others might not like "mushy" but personally i couldn't find anything i didn't like about the device.

Conclusion

The Vandy Vape Pulse BF Box Mod is an excellent, affordable little squonker perfect for everyday use including when you are out and about.

I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy once again for supplying the Vandy Vape Pulse BF Mod for review and you can find it here at a very good price:

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-v...11061.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread