The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vanilla

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Islevapn, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Islevapn

Islevapn Full Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Kihei, HI
    Who makes a good vanilla? I'm experimenting with cutting super strong menthol with flavors. I was thinking menthol with a touch of vanilla might be nice, 80/20-80/10 menthol, vanilla... Just to mellow out the menthol a touch. What do you guys think, have you tried a mix like this, or have any ideas of flavors to cut the menthol with? I've tried fruits but was hoping for something creamyish.

Could I use vanilla extract from the grocery store? Maybe just a couple drops as I'd assume the flavor is stronger than any e liquid.

2. vanilla extract is not the same as the vanilla used in eliquids. So i wouldn't do that. Vanilla mint is a very nice vape. Starting work on one tomorrow. Mainly vanilla with a peppermint kick. I like HHV vanilla. But if you are looking for creamy then you might want to think of a cream. Or maybe blend half vanilla half cream with your menthol. Vanilla and cream are very similar but cream should have a buttery note. not sure where you can get cream tho.

3. ShariR

ShariR Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I know Mt. Baker Vapor has a whipped cream.

4. DasBluCig

DasBluCig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Chichester, NH
    From what I've heard/read......Grant's Vanilla Bean Custard is pretty nice....but it's kinda pricey, and you MAY have to wait a bit on delivery, since it's made in small batches and sells out quickly....!:(
    Good luck!

5. Islevapn

Islevapn Full Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Kihei, HI
    Not really sure I'm looking for creamy like I stated, I just want to tone down the menthol with something other than fruit or tobacco flavors.

I'll look into the liquids mentioned. Keep em coming.

Thanks

6. FFAD214

FFAD214 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    Jacksboro, TX
  7. Islevapn

Islevapn Full Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Kihei, HI
    What's the (purity) some of the HHV liquids have written next to them?

8. Islevapn

Islevapn Full Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Kihei, HI
    Is that stuff stronger flavors wise compared to most liquids? Couple of drops added to a flavor?

9. FFAD214

FFAD214 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    Jacksboro, TX
    Sure is....a little will go a long way. Like you said, start with 1 drop and then try it.

10. gr1llmeacheese

gr1llmeacheese Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2013
    Aurora, IL, USA
    I believe that refers to a line of theirs using all organic ingredients.

11. MrSelf Destruct

MrSelf Destruct Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Cobra Island
    As far as vanilla goes I like the Vanilla Bean from Volcano. MBV has a juice called Vanilla Ice (supposedly a vanilla menthol flavor) but I have not tried it.

12. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    Johnson Creek has some good stuff

I have used the 'French Vanilla' and want to try 'Vanda' but my store was out of it at the time

and I am waiting for it to come in...

Vanda Johnson Creek Smoke Juice Johnson Creek Smoke Juice

good luck :p

ps: French Vanilla has PG in it / their Red Oak line is 100% VG (Vanda)

13. SharonMM

SharonMM Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Lakeville, MN
    For vanilla, I think nicoticket is the way to go. He steeps his own vanilla beans in house, and everyone who tries it seems to rave about it.

Grants is another one I hear a lot about. It's made in the UK (right?) and its a bit of a hassle to get..

I'm really liking vanda from Johnson Creek. It's more of a marshallowy type of vanilla than natural vanilla bean but I like it a lot.

One of my first juice orders was from fasttech, so I have a lot of liqua on hand which I can't vape because its all really high pg and I have problems tolerating it. So I mix it with my vanda which is 100% vg and I love it. It's really one of my favorite things to vape at the moment.

14. moishesmom

moishesmom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2012
    west bloomfield
    Menthol with everything including bakery liquids. The best, IMO, is Menthol Drops mixed with Vanilla Strait from www.pvliquids.com. I can mix the Vanilla Strait with anything & everything also; just a nice smooth touch. Great combo!! ;)

15. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

16. dj-method-x

dj-method-x Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    kansas city
    best vanilla Ive tried so far is Vanilla Dream by Heather's Heavenly Vapes and Triple V by Dark City Vapor.

17. Islevapn

Islevapn Full Member

Jul 22, 2013
    Kihei, HI
    I looked at the majority of the recommend liquids on this thread. I ended up going witht he Nickoticket Custards last stand. I liked the site, the fact that they'll make it however you like, and the reviews were all good... I was sold when someone there, may have been the owner, came up on chat and explained the differences between the Frenilla and custards last stand, told me I could cut down the sweetener if I wanted when I asked which was less sweet.. Ended up going with the CLS, 50/50, pre steeped, ready to ship. I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives.

Thanks

18. seashells

seashells Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have artisan vapor's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream mixed with Dark Vanilla Tobacco at my desk now and I can barely keep my hands off it. SO good!

19. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Did you purchase both flavors from artisan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.