vape could problems with smok vape pen 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What coils are you using? What juice are you putting in the tank? What is your priming process? When are you getting dry hits, all the time, or only sometimes? How much are you vaping? How much are you chain-vaping? Etc.

The more information you give, the better help you will get. Looking at your first post I really don't know what to recommend. As much detail as you can, the better.

Welcome to ECF! I am sure your problem will be solved in time.

Anna

Reactions: KC0YNU

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I looked up your machine-- I don't have one-- and it appears it uses native battery voltage and only has one coil set-- .3Ω dualies-- to choose from, so you're going to be kind of limited in what you can do with it. I suspect your problem is the juice you're using is too thick to wick well in that machine. Next time you empty it, try taking the coil out and using the point of a needle to pierce the cottons in the wick ports, and "fluff" it up a bit. The idea is to loose the cottons at the port so it carries juice faster to the coil. Failing that, switching to a juice with a lower VG content, or diluting your juice with no more than 5% distilled water is about all you can do. If you can find coils with a higher ohm rating-- .5Ω or higher-- these will use less juice per drag and will improve (apparent) wicking as well. Be advised higher coils will reduce the amount of vapor you get. Welcome to the board.

Tyler Washington

Dec 31, 2017
Hello I actually prime my coil until it's saturated with juice also I use 50/50 pg vg but I've found a solution what I do is I take something sharp and loosen up the cotton on the coil where the wick slots are and it fixes it I can vape high vg juice I'm vaping looper by an and the coil is going strong thanks for contacting me back guys I appreciate it

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome and glad you found a solution. Just to add.......

I am not familiar with your pen, but if it is anything like the stick V8, I find that starting out with short pulls or pulsing the fire button on longer pulls for a while helps to get the wicking working well. Especially if starting a new coil on a full charge. Even after, I never take long pulls (for me, over 3-4 seconds) with the stick.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread