• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vape-friendly establishments in MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenlily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
twin cities, mn
I havent really had any trouble vaping in mn. Esp in downtown mpls. The saloon. Bolt underground. Odonovans i vape away all the time. Only place ive been told not to was at cc club. Bartender told me they made it illegal last week. Lol. Also no probs yet at stores. Esp the sprint store in maplewood. It takes a while to get a new phone :)

I've heard that MOA used to have a kiosk that sold cigalikes and were really pushy, and also sold them to kids. If this is true, then I'm sure vaping even now carries a pretty negative connotation around the mall.

Note: this is hearsay, and as long as I've lived in MN (about 3 years) the cart hasn't been there. Shame that they gave vaping a bad name...

tinkrrrbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Tailgate in South Minneapolis has seen an increase in vaping and is potentially looking at not allowing it. There is no official policy at this time, because there haven't been any complaints, nor large groups filling 1/2 the joint with vapor. I'm there about once a week and know the staff fairly well, they don't have a problem with it but they're concerned about the non-vaping customers opinions.

Pizza Luce in Richfield is a mixed bag. Some of the staff say you can't, the rest are completely fine with it. The patio is non-smoking, and I vaped last night and no one said anything.

Uptown Dunn Bros on Bryant is still vapor friendly as of my last visit a few weeks ago.

Sandy's Tavern in Richfield is vapor friendly as well - and they have tasty burgers!

Prolix

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Sadly, I feel the need to report that JJ's Clubhouse (6400 Wayzata Blvd Golden Valley, MN 55426, JJ's Clubhouse) is NOT vape-friendly. I was sitting at the bar with a friend about a week ago and the bartender explicitly told me I can't use 'those things' in there. Before I even asked a follow-up question, he offered the explanation that they can't take the risk someone will mistake it for smoking inside.

Personally, it's not my problem if someone else mistakenly identifies an activity of mine, and I don't see how that would really cause any great disruption to them. So I'm choosing never to give them any business again.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I've heard that MOA used to have a kiosk that sold cigalikes and were really pushy, and also sold them to kids. If this is true, then I'm sure vaping even now carries a pretty negative connotation around the mall.

Note: this is hearsay, and as long as I've lived in MN (about 3 years) the cart hasn't been there. Shame that they gave vaping a bad name...

there is no way they sold it kids.
you have to have a license to sell tobacco to sell ecigs in minnesota.
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread