This is what I have:
1) Tweezers
2) Flush Cutters
3) Precision screw drivers
4) Torch (to heat kanthal)
5) Japanese Cotton
6) Needle nose pliars
7) Ohm Reader
8) I always keep my drill handy (straighten and twist kanthal)

Really, you only need what you will use. I started with Kanthal and screwdrivers and expanded from there. IMO the best way to build a kit is just to start wrapping coils and determine what will make your life easier.

phantom552

Sep 19, 2013
Mesa, AZ
I carry the following in a black molle EMT pouch:

Kanthal Wire (10ft Roll)
Cotton Strips
Screwdriver for RDA posts
Drill Bits (Various sizes, used to wrap coils with a specific diameter)
Flush Cutters
Tweezers
Butane Lighter
Jeweler's Pliers
Extra Sony VTC5 batteries

As stated above, you'll start with what you think you need, and end up with what you really end up using regularly. I used to carry like 8 15ml bottles of juice, 5 batteries, and all kinds of other stuff that was just added weight. Now I'm down to 2 extra batteries and one or two bottles of whatever flavor(s) I want to vape that day. lol

Signmaker

Oct 26, 2014
Berks, Pennsy, 'Murrica
I got one of those cheapo 2x18650 battery cases, and use it to carry:
-spare kanger coil
-~6" 28ga kanthol
-half a pad of KGD inside a wee tiny ziplock baggie
-2mm drill bit
-SOG Crosscut multitool (has scissors instead of pliers, tweezers, and small screwdriver tools)
-bluedriver
-several different o-rings and screws from the spares that always come with attys, stored in another wee ziplock.
-spare drip tip
This should cover me for any malfunctions with my drippers, and the kanger tanks I use as backups/driving vapes. This is in addition to my usual vape-edc of 4 spare 18650s, 30ml bottle of juice, and single battery charger wall wart.

For home, I have a wee tool chest on the kitchen table that holds my wire spools, KGD, Kanger coils, o rings, and other supplies. For tools I went to Harbor Freight and got a precision screwdriver set, a set of the big tweezers (easier for bear paws to handle), some forceps, and then I already had a precision wire cutter from Craftsman. I use a cheap Tobeco ohmmeter and aluminum building jig. I do want to pick up a pair of the nylon jaw pliers, for use on stubborn 510s/top caps/buttons. I'm also considering making a mount for atomizers that's on a pivoting/locking armature with a base that clamps to the table. For now though I just build with the atty lightly screwed into a locked-out mod. A little tabletop ultrasonic cleaner would be the kangaroo's .......but then I'd be torn between using it for vapes or guns.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
I keep an iStick w/Kanger EMOW Mega and bending adapter in my pocket at all times. If that's all I have with me, I've got a bottle of juice along too

If I'm not at work, I have my "bog of tricks" along. LOTS of stuff in there, including a small pouch with 3 bottles f juice, spare batteries and coils, and a couple different tank (I prefer to switch tanks when I switch flavors). For Kanger Aeros (up to the Mega) or Nauties with the hollowed tank, 2 fit perfectly inside an M&M mini container...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread