Vape Mail ! What are you waiting on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
My coils landed in the US 5 days ago and cleared customs 12 miles from me to get sent 15 miles to Brooklyn where it has now gone to Albany over 150 miles away while still saying it is on it's way to me! After a heated discussion with USPS International Tracking they told me that the 7-10 shipping could take up to 3 weeks? Someone put it in the wrong bin is how they are explaining their screw up! You can image my answers for the survey following the phone call!

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
My coils landing in the US 5 days ago and cleared customs 12 miles from me to get sent 15 miles to Brooklyn where it has now gone to Albany over 150 miles away while still saying it is on it's way to me! After a heated discussion with USPS International Tracking they told me that the 7-10 shipping could take up to 3 weeks? Someone put it in the wrong bin is how they are explaining their screw up! You can image my answers for the survey following the phone call!

Something is seriously up at USPS lately. It's not even the holidays yet and this is the 4th such re-routing nonsense I've experienced or heard about in the last two or three weeks. :facepalm:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Something is seriously up at USPS lately. It's not even the holidays yet and this is the 4th such re-routing nonsense I've experienced or heard about in the last two or three weeks. :facepalm:

Not the first time my vape mail has taken a scenic tour around New York State! One order from Canada made it through Customs in less than 2 days then UPS took my package and it went South and back North before heading West to finally come South and East to get delivered on Long Island. Then they gave it to USPS to deliver driving past me to get to the Post Office. Sometimes tracking makes you say :censored::censored::censored::censored:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Maybe if they have the address written in Spanish it would get there sooner ?

(Just kidding. )

After a call to USPS yesterday the only explanation I received was someone put it in the wrong bin. Amazing how it came from the UK across the Ocean in less time then it is spending sight seeing around New York State. Made it through 2 Customs destinations faster then the 12 miles from JFK! Getting close to 500 miles of travel......... :censored::censored::censored:

Reactions: stols001

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
mail gets moved around alot more than people think... it doesnt just go from one post office to another ( from sender to reciever) it gets semi-sorted by state, placed in big bags that get thrown into really big boxes on pallets and shipped to another sorter in a huge warehouse not even close to the post office, from there it gets sorted again by city( the bags) and then it gets put on a truck again and brought to the Post Office where the bags get opened and then sorted again per area ( neighborhood).
Your mail will get handled/sorted about 20 times and scanned each time but 15 of the 20 scans are "not in the system" ... its all background scanning which isnt in the delivery tracking you see on the website.

and yes, the mail volume has tripled already and will even get worse in the next week or 2... and will be that way until mid January..

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have previously received International orders within a maximum of 2 days from when it goes to JFKand have seen delays with the Chicago ISC. But to be traversing 3 states now when it was cleared through customs 12 miles away there is a problem which USPS admits by the way. But they can't do anything until the delivery time exceeds the maximum for the type of shipping.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Now one out for delivery since this morning was sent to the North Shore instead of delivering it to the SAME TOWN it was put on a truck in! I can really see the next 2-3 orders en route are going to be fun to watch. Since they are selling Xmas stuff already have all the USPS personnel gone brain dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread