vape shop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Well, Sparkky1, am not sure. Bought a lot on big sales first wk of Dec. and still have half left; and now that I'm cutting in half, expect to go another 2 1/2 mos. Rough calculation now is around $27/mo. vaping between 10-15 mls/day. Going to have to keep better track. Know there are cheaper ways, but my every 2 mos. visits are important to me to keep in touch. :)

Reactions: ENAUD

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Well, Sparkky1, am not sure. Bought a lot on big sales first wk of Dec. and still have half left; and now that I'm cutting in half, expect to go another 2 1/2 mos. Rough calculation now is around $27/mo. vaping between 10-15 mls/day. Going to have to keep better track. Know there are cheaper ways, but my every 2 mos. visits are important to me to keep in touch. :)
There are drastically cheaper options.

I DIY and vape far better quality juice than I've ever bought premade, and spend less than $ .50 for 30ml.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I almost never go into vape shops, unless it's just to have a quick chat with a friend. I may buy a drip tip or two, while I'm there. Otherwise, I've never been much of a social butterfly. We have loads of shops in my neck of the woods, but not a single one of them sell anything I use. I DIY all my own juice, and only vape Reos with bottom feed atomizers.

MattyVigilante

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Northamptonshire
I use my local B&M simply to support them, they are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and will readily engage in any vape related conversation. I tend only to get my mods from them as I DIY my juice, but 99% of the time they will price match whatever I find online anyway.
I like to see and hold a product before I take the plunge and instant gratification is a strong sway in a lot of my purchases!
I've never had issues with anything I've bought locally but I do have the piece of mind knowing if there was an issue they would sort it pretty quick.
In short - online prices from an A* store which is about 20 metres from my house, it's a bit of a no brainer for me!

Reactions: Bad Ninja

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
Vape shops serve one purpose for me, and that is to try liquid. I will usually buy it in-store if I really like it, but after that, if I can find it cheaper online I will order it there. Everything else is ordered online because the stores always have a high mark-up. The store I have decided I will try liquids at is full of a-holes but they have the best selection of juice.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
They tolerate and entertain me for upwards of a couple hours, which makes them the perfect geriatric babysitter while the wife goes shopping. The additional cost of some items above online prices is relatively cheap for those services.
One of the funniest responses I ever read. Thanks for the laugh and I will be laughing all evening over it.

subohmboy

Sep 19, 2015
Las Vegas
I go to one shop and one shop only, for one reason only- fully custom juice. My shop is Elephant Vapor in Las Vegas, NV and I won't go anywhere else. It's an e-juice bar, basically. They have a large menu but nothing is premixed, it's all straight flavoring and the mixing is done right in front of the customer without backroom antics. It's honest, cheap, and delicious juice. If I want say, 50% less custard in a blend, they just take it out. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll order up a one-off recipe mix that the employees are working on that's not even on the menu yet. It's a very neat experience, all the options of DIY without the investment.

The prices are amazing!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455759687.920128.jpg

Oh, they're online as well. http://www.elephantvapor.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I dunno, tried to buy some juices couple times and ended up in givig them away. I vape on gennies and most fruity style juices have completely different taste on gennies compares to classic clearomizers. While on clearos that are usualy in every shop for testing, some juices look like interesting, i buy them, come home and get disappointed. Couple time i have asked if they can give me a bottle sample to take few drops in my rda wuth mesh but they didn't want to cooperate, so i eventually stopped buying juices and switched to diy...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I go to one shop and one shop only, for one reason only- fully custom juice. My shop is Elephant Vapor in Las Vegas, NV and I won't go anywhere else. It's an e-juice bar, basically. They have a large menu but nothing is premixed, it's all straight flavoring and the mixing is done right in front of the customer without backroom antics. It's honest, cheap, and delicious juice. If I want say, 50% less custard in a blend, they just take it out. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll order up a one-off recipe mix that the employees are working on that's not even on the menu yet. It's a very neat experience, all the options of DIY without the investment.

The prices are amazing!! View attachment 532057

Oh, they're online as well. http://www.elephantvapor.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are reasonable prices.

Not the $6.00 I can make 120ml for, but after overhead, very, very reasonable.

Tapatyped

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
charger died, local shop had the new nitecore 4-bay for a little more than online prices, so I went and picked it up.
I have been vaping DIY for about 3 years now and I don't get out much, so I hung out for a few and tested some fancy retail flavors to see how the other half lives lol...
Really liked a couple, so I bought a small bottle of each and proceeded to go directly home to set up a clean rig to check out the new flavors.
Within 24 hours I had an order placed for the flavors I needed to mix what I had just bought for pennies on the dollar.
They were friendly enough, but really they serve no further purpose.
I still wonder how people can afford to chuck clouds on retail liquid prices. I'm not even an extreme sub-ohm vaper and I can easily put down 10ml in a day, more if I want to get all silly and fog up the house.
I suppose shops have their place, but for me (apparently) they are only good in a pinch for necessities and for sampling new flavors to steal and make on my own. YMMV
OH. And apparently, using a Reo is so "retro" and the kids just love the way we "old school vapers" hang on to mechanical mods, especially "classics" like mech squonk boxes.

I'm 36......

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
Sadly, there are just a few vape shops here, and they have very limited supply of their goods, so the only reason I go is to test their new juice lineup, maybe buy a small bottle and come back after a month or two.

As for most of my supplies, I just purchase online.

As for the VIP bins, no. I would rather see a point style system (gain 1 point for every XX dollars spent in exchange for YY item for ZZ points).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread