Vape shops closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperpro

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2018
dallas, tx
I've noticed a lot of online vape shops are closing. Brick and mortar shops are still open in my area, so it doesn't seem like they're being affected. I've been getting emails from online shops announcing their closing dates. Do you think it is from all the vaping hysteria going on and flavor bans? Are brick and mortar shops closing in your areas?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I've noticed a lot of online vape shops are closing. Brick and mortar shops are still open in my area, so it doesn't seem like they're being affected. I've been getting emails from online shops announcing their closing dates. Do you think it is from all the vaping hysteria going on and flavor bans? Are brick and mortar shops closing in your areas?
The vape shop here was a booming business 2 weeks ago. They are struggling now. People are buying in to the vaping kills people crap and afraid to vape. If it is showing this big an effect in a shop in this small town in a state that hasn't banned yet it has to be horrid elsewhere.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nearly every state has declared either a flavor ban or ban on all vaping. The federal government is saying the same thing.

Some shops are running huge sales just to get what they can with what product they have in stock. I got 8 - 100ml bottles of my two favorite all day vapes at 40% off at 8-VAPE the day before yesterday.

Some other shops or online stores may be holding out to the very end.

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
This is so upsetting to me. I can't stock up like some can due to my budget. My favorite place to get my ejuice from is Vapor4life. They have good sales and they have always been so nice to me. I watched the live event of Inslee the Governor in the State of Washington sign the ban. I was so ...... when he said they say" sorry but were going to addict your kids to our nicotine " blah blah. Now I agree they should not be vaping at all. I was 11 when I first started stealing my moms cigs. Now any kid can still steal their mom or dads or Aunts, Uncle's cigarettes. Why the hell won't they ban big tobacco from selling anymore of their ..... Oh I forgot to mention I also heard an advocate try to speak and they said only the media is allowed to speak here. He was yelling that ecigs have helped over 95 % to stop smoking. They shot him down so quick. At one point he turned around and sid to the reporters you're not asking the right questions, and hes right they weren't. I also thought that the reporters for the media are not allowed to ask certain questions. So maybe that's what was so frustrating to the guy. I was ...... too. God I hope I can still vape. I do have my own nicotine and pg and vg. I just don't know how to make flavored juice. DIY I know about that but I can't go out and buy a bunch of vaping tools to make my own is all. Otherwise I would. My heart is broken especially if V4L close. They are going to decide some measure of ban by the 9th of October I believe in Washington. They are going to find out what's in our ecig devices and e-juice that is causing the lung sickness and killing people. They discussed cannabis vaping also. But that's not what the doctor's found that made them sick. It was with vitamin E and thc.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Nearly every state has declared either a flavor ban or ban on all vaping. The federal government is saying the same thing.

Some shops are running huge sales just to get what they can with what product they have in stock. I got 8 - 100ml bottles of my two favorite all day vapes at 40% off at 8-VAPE the day before yesterday.

Nearly every state? I'd only heard about a few so far. Where is a current list available?

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
The sad part is kids will still vape tobacco flavored Juuls for the nic "buzz"
Well now soon to be all due to trumps executive order to ban all flavored juice so. I wonder how many people vape that voted for him and how that's going to turn out for him at the poles.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
This is so upsetting to me. I can't stock up like some can due to my budget. My favorite place to get my ejuice from is Vapor4life. They have good sales and they have always been so nice to me. I watched the live event of Inslee the Governor in the State of Washington sign the ban. I was so ...... when he said they say" sorry but were going to addict your kids to our nicotine " blah blah. Now I agree they should not be vaping at all. I was 11 when I first started stealing my moms cigs. Now any kid can still steal their mom or dads or Aunts, Uncle's cigarettes. Why the hell won't they ban big tobacco from selling anymore of their ..... Oh I forgot to mention I also heard an advocate try to speak and they said only the media is allowed to speak here. He was yelling that ecigs have helped over 95 % to stop smoking. They shot him down so quick. At one point he turned around and sid to the reporters you're not asking the right questions, and hes right they weren't. I also thought that the reporters for the media are not allowed to ask certain questions. So maybe that's what was so frustrating to the guy. I was ...... too. God I hope I can still vape. I do have my own nicotine and pg and vg. I just don't know how to make flavored juice. DIY I know about that but I can't go out and buy a bunch of vaping tools to make my own is all. Otherwise I would. My heart is broken especially if V4L close. They are going to decide some measure of ban by the 9th of October I believe in Washington. They are going to find out what's in our ecig devices and e-juice that is causing the lung sickness and killing people. They discussed cannabis vaping also. But that's not what the doctor's found that made them sick. It was with vitamin E and thc.

If you have nic, PG and VG, you can easily make unflavored e-liquid. Not as good as flavored for some folks, but still better than smoking.

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.

sad face here.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Well now soon to be all due to trumps executive order to ban all flavored juice so. I wonder how many people vape that voted for him and how that's going to turn out for him at the poles.
well...it’s the democratic governors who are also instituting these draconian bans sooo....flip the executive branches across the board and I bet there’s still a ban. Just IMO.

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
well...it’s the democratic governors who are also instituting these draconian bans sooo....flip the executive branches across the board and I bet there’s still a ban. Just IMO.
yep you're probably right I just cant stand him and I can't stand the other party also so.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Just so you know - you don't have to buy a bunch of tools for DIY juice. All I use are syringes (the kind without the needle) and empty bottles (I just bought a pack of 10 ldpe unicorn bottles from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers for $5.00)

I rinse out the syringes and re-use until the writing is gone, and that takes a while.. plus, they are inexpensive to buy. You can even pick up some various sizes at places like Tractor Supply and not worry about shipping costs. You need a handful of 1ml syringes, and a couple of the 3,6,10 and 20ml..

nothing else is needed. Just shake the bottle of juice periodically while it steeps.. no big deal, no equipment necessary.

The other stuff makes it easier perhaps, but it's not like you need a bunch of stuff for the basics.

You can get a couple two or three ingredient recipes from people right here on this forum..

You can do this, even broke.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Just so you know - you don't have to buy a bunch of tools for DIY juice. All I use are syringes (the kind without the needle) and empty bottles (I just bought a pack of 10 ldpe unicorn bottles from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers for $5.00)

I rinse out the syringes and re-use until the writing is gone, and that takes a while.. plus, they are inexpensive to buy. You can even pick up some various sizes at places like Tractor Supply and not worry about shipping costs. You need a handful of 1ml syringes, and a couple of the 3,6,10 and 20ml..

nothing else is needed. Just shake the bottle of juice periodically while it steeps.. no big deal, no equipment necessary.

The other stuff makes it easier perhaps, but it's not like you need a bunch of stuff for the basics.

You can get a couple two or three ingredient recipes from people right here on this forum..

Pssst...
If you take clear packing tape and put it over the numbers on the side of the syringe the numbers never wear off. Still using my first set from 2013 ;)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

Plus there are free online calculators to do the math. Just input % of each flavor in a recipe and nic strength you have plus what you want to end up with. easy

Also go here for loads of help.
DIY E-Liquid

:)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I have a bellus atty if you want it- free

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Vapers are reviled for some reason. That hate definitely seems to cross party lines. (Maybe a bit less on one side.)
Amazing that there is only one thing they agree on, of all the issues out there, and this is it!! Who would have thought they could come together on this

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Amazing that there is only one thing they agree on, of all the issues out there, and this is it!! Who would have thought they could come together on this

I've never understood how anyone can hate another human being just because their political ideas are different from one's own..

I just can't imagine having that much hate in my heart.. it's terribly sad, and I can't help but feel terribly sorry for the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread