Vape shops closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I personally have not seen many online vape shops closing. But I have seen a lot of local vape shops in my area closing. Most of it is due to laws being passed in cities and counties. The ban's on flavored e liquid is probably the biggest issue here in the SF Bay Area. And of course there is the ban on all e cigs and juices in SF. I'm not really sure what is wrong with our law makers around here. I suppose they all suffer from some kind of mental illness. That's the only real reason I can think of. They say it's "For the children." but anyone who has any sort of logic and reason in their brain, knows that this has been an issue since the beginning of civilization. There has always been certain things the children were not supposed to do, but some of them did it anyway. So, the only other thing that's left is mental illness. The portion of their brains that processes logic and reason have been permanently removed. I'm not sure how that happens, but it happens.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I personally have not seen many online vape shops closing. But I have seen a lot of local vape shops in my area closing. Most of it is due to laws being passed in cities and counties. The ban's on flavored e liquid is probably the biggest issue here in the SF Bay Area. And of course there is the ban on all e cigs and juices in SF. I'm not really sure what is wrong with our law makers around here. I suppose they all suffer from some kind of mental illness. That's the only real reason I can think of. They say it's "For the children." but anyone who has any sort of logic and reason in their brain, knows that this has been an issue since the beginning of civilization. There has always been certain things the children were not supposed to do, but some of them did it anyway. So, the only other thing that's left is mental illness. The portion of their brains that processes logic and reason have been permanently removed. I'm not sure how that happens, but it happens.
The law makers in Kalifornia, especially in the Bay Area, have suffered from severe mental illness for years. For some reason they keep getting reelected and things get worse and worse.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Honest CBD vape companies are selling save products. They were tested before and after the recent scandal and they are 100% OK and contain no VitE oils.
Problem was within the black market where some m@rons decided to get extra $ by adding cheap VitE acetate to their CBD vape cartridges. We know what happened next.

I'll continue to craft my own juice. I trust the PG, VG, and Nic sources I've always used. After 10 years, my health is good and the vape juice has been benign. :)

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    as far as I remember most of them were THC ones like these dank vapes but there were also a CBD cartidge(s) involved, also contaminated with some oils.

Here is some more info from CDC
    The CDC has released new data which almost definitively confirm that the respiratory disease outbreak was caused by vitamin E acetate oil in THC vaping products (and perhaps some CBD vaping products as well).

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I read that some of the vaping stores have lost nearly 60% of their sales. So it means that that anti-vaping propaganda does work and people do not do any proper research before making their decisions.

There are 5 vapers I see regularly. One has already quit vaping, and I believe is smoking again (I smelled it on her) and two are trying to quit. The other two, I don’t know, haven’t seen for a while.

And half the people who see me vape ask if I’ve heard about the illnesses...

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2010
    Central Texas
    Freedom Smoke USA is still going strong AFAIK. That's where I buy 90% of my nic juice. I have never set foot in a B&M store. My concern is that most online shops will shut down in May of 2020 due to FDA regs. I'm going to buy and freeze as much as I can afford before then. I want a 5 year supply of everything. By then, I'll be 76. Probably time to quit nicotine cold turkey.
    Teenagers ruin everything:)

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I think the landscape for shops has changed because of the rapid degradation in perception of ecigs. Six months ago it looked like shops would continue business as usual until the May cutoff, with many customers caught by surprise when supplies dried up. Now the false scare and flavor mania have made vaping a scourge in most circles, leading to shops experiencing massive declines in traffic and sales. Business failure may preempt the deeming issue for many.

The change in perception is accelerating the decision to move on. I expect more clearances and out of stock situations as US vendors look at their year end numbers. The golden age of local shops dedicated to ecigs is winding down fast.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    The CBD part is just depressing. I could see going out on a cloud of marijuana tainted vape but FREAKING CBD?????

I would be immensely ...... off. Really. I mean, it's not even HARD to get legally at all.

Sigh.
    Anna
    Since it's expensive too, greed seeped in. I do think that CBD isn't much of the real problem though.

optsmk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2009
    Pleasanton, Ca.
    The law makers in Kalifornia, especially in the Bay Area, have suffered from severe mental illness for years. For some reason they keep getting reelected and things get worse and worse.
    I guess the voters are mentally ill as well. Most of them anyway. Although Cali is not really the DPRKalifornia. It is pretty irritating to know that there are lawmakers out there who think that it is there job to protect me from something I need no protection from. But of course they did it for the children. Right? Haha. Ever hear of the wonderful FOSTA/SESTA bill? There might even be some here that agree with it. They say that was for the children as well. But I call bull.... on that as well as all of the anti vaping laws.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread