The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vape Shops Likely to Be Exempted!

Discussion in 'FDA Regulations' started by P0P, Nov 6, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. P0P

P0P Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Good for you, Pop! Good for all of us, I hope.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Believe it when it happens.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. P0P

P0P Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    Can only hope at this point reading tea leaves dont work, as it stands it will take years to normalize with all the negative damage caused by this in my opinion, with that said we are doing ok with the help of our orders outside the U.S I consider us lucky but what a shame! I just thank god we have no debt. I feel terrible for those that expanded with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us

God Bless guys!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    If Kellyanne Conway says it, it must be true...

Fingers crossed

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. zelda

zelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2009
    Echo Beach
    I just watched that interview and I'm not hopeful. She says there's a distinction between ecigarettes which the HHS/FDA has jurisdiction over and vape shops which they don't. I believe she thinks vaping and vape shops are THC carts and dispensaries.

She also says an ecigarette is the same as a cigarette.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Yeah feeling slightly positive until I watched her actual statement.... Now all seems back up in the air. A couple days ago I was doing backflips when I saw a news article saying Juul flavors were being banned from convenience stores. All excited, told my wife and getting ready to post here. Then realized, though dated November, it was from 2018. So yeah, at times like this, our minds tend to grasp at straws.

Based on what I heard her say, it could go either way. KEEP CALLING THE WHITEHOUSE. She alluded to a distinction between teen and adult vaping. Then said nothing had changed in Trump's announced intent to ban flavors. So yeah, you could read something into what she said, or not. :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. zelda

zelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2009
    Echo Beach
    This is the problem when a bunch of people decide to regulate/ban something they know little if anything about. I even read the Mayo Clinic is researching whether vaping devices cause these lung illnesses.My Governor banned vaping saying water vapor was causing the illnesses.

And creating mass hysteria over teenagers using ..... (OHMYGOD) nicotine. Seriously? Every week for many years I've seen obituaries of young people dying from opiate addiction. No banning of opiates.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Horselady154

Horselady154 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    Dimitris does not think vape shops will be excluded. If you listen to what KellyAnn actually said, she is totally clueless about vaping and who is over what.

link

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. LoveVanilla

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Might you post this content? [I refuse to kneel to this sociopathic, surveillance capitalist who lies to our face while sells our most intimate data to the world.] :)

11. LoveVanilla

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    Okay, back to feeling a bit optimistic. "E-cig" appears to an euphemism for juul by some circles e.g.
    Ref.
    While what we use, and is sold in vape shops, is vaping.

Also found an objection to a vape shop exemption, dated today, from the American [anti]Lung Association.

Broken link:
    Code:
     www.lung.org/about-us/media/press-releases/trump-administration-should-not
    Code:
     -exempt-vapes.html 
    Okay, maybe we are on track!

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
  13. Dieseler

Dieseler ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    The ordinance bans all flavored e-cigarette and vaping liquid flavors except for tobacco. Mayor Bill de Blasio will either sign the bill or let it pass into law, his deputy press secretary Avery Cohen said, which will make New York the largest city in the U.S. to ban all vaping flavors except tobacco.

14. jjcordone

jjcordone Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    They added a 20% excise tax too, I believe?

15. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I haven't vaped tobacco flavors exclusively in years. I will occasionally put a squirt of a flavor, usually not tobacco, into a tank of unflavored. The rest of the time I vape plain old PG, VG, and Nic.

DIY opens up lots of avenues for economical vaping choices. I usually mix up 6mg and 3mg juice. I even have some 18mg around for times when I'm somewhere that vaping isn't entirely appropriate. A hit here and there keeps me satisfied without being obvious. I vaped 18mg discretely while enjoying the Mannheim Steamroller concert the other night at the Macon Coliseum and no one seemed to notice. I don't normally inhale except shallowly on occasion, but that night it seemed to be the thing to do. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    That's the misnomer we need to change through education of the public. Cigarettes kill over a life time of smoking. Ecigs don't ruin your lungs and vascular system and they don't produce toxic gases and carcinogens.

We are the red headed step children who didn't pay the government 12 Billion dollars in tobacco taxes last year. They lose big if they ban big tobacco, not so much if they ban ecigs. In fact, Uncle Sam would collect much more tax money if we all smoked again, but the medicare costs for lung cancer and Emphysema would be much higher.

U.S. - tobacco tax revenue and forecast 2024 | Statista

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. CraigSL

CraigSL Full Member

Nov 29, 2019
    Yes I heard from 1 December there is a 20% tax

18. LoveVanilla

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Anthony C Martin

Anthony C Martin Multiple ID Suspension

Dec 16, 2019
    Las Vegas
    She's also an idiot, so there's that.. ‍♂️

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    What does that mean, anyway? So we can vape NETs or any type of tobacco flavor? I'm sure they don't even know what a NET is and I'm not sure I want them to know. They'll find something wrong with that, too.

• Agree Agree x 1