Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey guys thanks for all the responses. I ended up trying to use the cotton from Q-tips which worked well for the situation. ...

Well... I guess if I had to use a Hygiene Product to wick an Atomizer, Q-Tips would be High on the List.

:thumb:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
You can Call me a Wimp. Or a Limp Wristed Weakling. But there are Three Things that I just Never Do.

1) Make Spaghetti Sauce from Bulging Cans of Tomato Sauce.

2) Clean My Ears with a Toothpick while Driving Over Railroad Tracks.

3) Pull Cotton out of Tampons and then Stick it into my rda's/rta's.

:blink:
I'd rather drink my ejuice or perhaps even wash whatever cotton I could find in a vape rather than use a tampon --ymmv ---and I've done some pretty desperate things over the course of my lifetime....lol

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I got sent some vaping tampon rayon in a care package, along with (thankfully) some Sally's stuff which worked great. I never attempted the tampon, although I have a feeling whatever material is in that has to be fairly "clean."

But, since I don't EVER use tampons unless it's required somehow, I was not about to start to INHALE what I don't even like to use for its intended purpose.

However, I'm quite sure if I were living in say, Thailand or any country where vaping is hard, I would have used it potentially. I mean, beggars can't be choosers and all that. I'm so glad I live here, although sometimes the news cycle gets me down.

I also hope we all aren't vaping tampons here shortly. You never know. I don't think I need to buy the "big" box of Rayon quite yet though. I refuse to panic to that extent quite yet. LOL.

I kept the tampons.... But that is because I'm a hoarder, driven by the "you just never know" hypothesis. Etc.

Anna

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I got sent some vaping tampon rayon in a care package, along with (thankfully) some Sally's stuff which worked great. I never attempted the tampon, although I have a feeling whatever material is in that has to be fairly "clean."

But, since I don't EVER use tampons unless it's required somehow, I was not about to start to INHALE what I don't even like to use for its intended purpose.

However, I'm quite sure if I were living in say, Thailand or any country where vaping is hard, I would have used it potentially. I mean, beggars can't be choosers and all that. I'm so glad I live here, although sometimes the news cycle gets me down.

I also hope we all aren't vaping tampons here shortly. You never know. I don't think I need to buy the "big" box of Rayon quite yet though. I refuse to panic to that extent quite yet. LOL.

I kept the tampons.... But that is because I'm a hoarder, driven by the "you just never know" hypothesis. Etc.

Anna
If it ever came down to it you can find Cotton or Rayon everywhere, boil it and have ample wick material. Hell I'm sure if it really got bad there are those that would use dryer lint ;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not supposed to do that? Funniest thing I've read so far today.

Not say'n you Can't.

It's just if you do, you might have to set your Receiver like this...

fotolia_3069591_XS.jpg

... when you listen to Music.

And you probably won't be on very good terms with your Neighbors.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Puncturing an eardrum is also highly painful from what I hear. You'd have to stop on the tracks immediately to recover yourself, and you might be too dizzy to drive.

All of us (I have this mythical group of us) who adore train disaster movies know what happens when you do that. LOL so your neighbors might be still fans of yours, but saying so at your funeral.

So if you do it, please have someone video tape it train disaster movies just never come along quite fast enough for my taste.

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Not say'n you Can't.

It's just if you do, you might have to set your Receiver like this...

fotolia_3069591_XS.jpg

... when you listen to Music.

And you probably won't be on very good terms with your Neighbors.
I dont always listen to AC/DC, but when i do so do my neighbors.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I know this thread is a month old, but I didn’t se this option replied. I’ve read on another board of someone using the cotton in a pill bottle.
They put rayon in pill bottles. I don't recommend using it since there can be pill residue left behind in the rayon.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Well I think there may be an argument to be made for the right type of pill.....

But, I don't think I will be making it, seriously.

Anna
I have a feeling some would argue it. Myself, I may take a benadryl once or twice a year. And only if i get into some thing im allergic to. But that is as far as I go. I don't want that stuff in my system. I don't even take asprine.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
A few notes from this thread:

Bedding (even if it is 100% cotton or rayon) is most likely treated with chemicals to make it flame ......ant. These are probably chemicals you do not want to be vaping.

Be careful trying to use tampons, they may also have "sanitizing or deodorizing" agents on them that again you probably shouldn't vape.

I am pretty sure I have seen both rayon and cotton used in pill/vitamin bottles. It just depends on which brand you have. As others have mentioned though, this material may have pill/vitamin residue on it.

Dryer lint? I think I would cut off and roll square pieces of an old T-shirt first.

As many others have said Q-Tips and Cotton Balls/pads are probably the best best, followed by first aid gauze.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I am pretty sure I have seen both rayon and cotton used in pill/vitamin bottles. It just depends on which brand you have. As others have mentioned though, this material may have pill/vitamin residue on it.
Yes, some companies will still use cotton, but about 90% of the time it will be rayon since sterilized rayon is much cheaper than sterilized cotton.

My wife has worked in the pharmaceutical field for many many years now, and handles this stuff on a daily basis.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread