Not open for further replies.

MJMcMahon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Boise, ID, USA
Company name
VapeDemand​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
14 January 2015​
How did you contact the supplier
Email​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
n/a​
General nature of complaint
Customer service​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
I placed an order with VapeDemand on January 12th for an atomizer and 3 bottles of e-liquid. On 13 January, I received confirmation that the order had shipped, along with a USPS Tracking number. On 14 January, I contacted VapeDemand requesting confirmation that the items had shipped as USPS did not show any updates beyond the printing of a shipping label. Below is the e-mail I sent:

Hello,
USPS is still not showing any tracking info for this order. Can you please confirm that it shipped?

When I did not receive any response to my e-mail, I contacted them at their listed phone number on January 15th and left a voicemail referencing my e-mail and requested a call back. I did not receive a call back and USPS still was not showing any tracking information. I left a second voicemail on January 16th which was similarly ignored. On January 17th (one day beyond the USPS estimated shipping time from Chino, CA to Boise, ID), my shipment still had not arrived. I sent the following e-mail that afternoon:

To Whom it may concern...
It's been three days since my original e-mail, I've left two voicemail messages, and still have not received any confirmation that this order has shipped. I don't believe that some communication over the space of three days is too much to expect. USPS is still showing nothing beyond the initial notification of a shopping label being printed and had the item been shipped at the time that the shipping label had been created, it would have been here on Friday. We have received our postal delivery today and the shipment was not in the mail today either.
I would appreciate a response no later than Monday. If I don't receive a call with a good explanation for the delay in my shipment or see updated shipping information by Monday, I will be contacting my credit card company to file a dispute

Late this afternoon, I finally received an update from USPS indicating that the package had arrived in Boise, but it was scheduled for delivery for January 22nd. This leads me to believe that the item was not shipped on January 13th or 14th as originally stated, but rather was shipped on January 17th after I sent my final e-mail. Admittedly, this is all supposition on my part because, to date, I still have not received any communication from the vendor. If and when the shipment does arrive, I will post an image of the postage stamp on the package to determine the shipment date.

For clarification, the reason that I described the nature of the complaint as "Customer service" rather than "Shipping" is because, had the vendor communicated with me in any fashion whatsoever, I would have been willing to accept a reasonable delay. In this day and age, I don't believe it's unreasonable for a customer to expect some communication, even it's just to alleviate any concerns a new customer may have with your company. Unfortunately, I discovered a Reddit post about similar issues with VapeDemand only after placing my initial order.

I will update this post as necessary...at this point, however, I would approach VapeDemand with great caution.​

MJMcMahon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Boise, ID, USA
Package was received yesterday, but there was no postmark that indicated when the package was actually handed off to USPS. Given that I'm only about 850 miles from the sender, it shouldn't have taken a week to arrive. Based upon USPS' estimated transfer times, I'm guessing the package wasn't handed to USPS until Saturday after I'd threatened to have the charges reversed.

I still have received NO contact from Vape Demand whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread