• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VAPERS Gathering and vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

meowyy

Aug 24, 2015
Thats great that youre trying to raise awareness @Zeroi !! But do exercise caution when doing so to prevent anything bad from happening :)

i personally believe in spreading the message through word of mouth like talking bout the pros and cons of smoking and vaping to give a more balanced view on the topic!

Maybe you can try vaping at smoking corner and raise awareness of vaping among any curious smokers and change them to potential/ future vapers :thumb:

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Haha. I often laugh at people who calls us cowards and keyboard warriors. And keep harping that they have guts to challenge the system. Look here, you know the consequences of what happens if you commit a crime. Its like knowing there is no way you can survive if you jump out of a plane at 10,000 feet and you still do it.

PS. I would rather be called a coward or keyboard warrior than an idiot/dumbass.

Reactions: so smooth

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
I think as mentioned, your surrounding friends is always the best place to vape with and expanding that is also good.

I actually don't wish anyone to get caught vaping but given the fact that if history need to change, some things need to be done.

I won't want to be that one to be caught of cos and neither do I wish/want anyone of you to getting caught.

Garment maybe knowing some vapers existing in local maybe and think numbers too little.

I not sure if a huge number can justify our existence and allow us or should we just keep discrete and they keep banning it to keep the numbers low.

Soon one day when they approve or restrict this, will they return the money to those who got fined?

I not sure if anyone seen the below or garment seen the below,

British tobacco policy experts say Singapore ban on e-cigarettes and low-risk tobacco products, unscientific, unethical and harmful to health | The Online Citizen

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Are you even from SG? It seems like you really need to wake up. You are not raising any awareness at all. Don't you get it? Awareness is already there. The number of recent rise in people getting caught and goods that are confiscated and news all over the world is enough awareness. They all up there know what is going on.

The thing is they refuse to legalise because catching you in the act is so easy and taking a few grand out of you is like a walk in the park.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Are you even from SG? It seems like you really need to wake up. You are not raising any awareness at all. Don't you get it? Awareness is already there. The number of recent rise in people getting caught and goods that are confiscated and news all over the world is enough awareness. They all up there know what is going on.

The thing is they refuse to legalise because catching you in the act is so easy and taking a few grand out of you is like a walk in the park.

Exactly. You can continue to vape discrete and things aren't going to change better. Our garment need to wake up. With the increasing of ppl getting caught here and there is due to ppl being well aware of their friends who vape or even forum guidiance.

As mentioned, we don't want anyone to get caught but it will be just in the line.

Yes it won't be easy for the garment to approved this and 6 years maybe have passed and from they don't know what is this until recent years, they still don'tand won't recognize this to help smokers quit smoking or alternative to smoking?

Don't they get it?

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
The main thing is that they refuse to legalise and will not legalise no matter what you do. By being so open, you are putting alot of vapers at risk. Your doing will only make it more difficult for people who are just trying to vape safely and risk getting into trouble. And here you are going on about challenging the people up there and making them clamp down more and more strongly against us.

Reactions: atticasg

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Do you think by me alone will be putting all at risk?

Please be logical, there are more vapers than you can see pyshically count numbers here.

I not sure if u have try to build numbers here or trying to restrict.

Not all vapers will join the ECF. Hence a lot more vapers out there being caught due to import etc. we are just not able to reach them telling them not to. Well you can tell 1 but u can't tell all.

So why not you can continue to vape discrete.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Why did you think while shisha is bad but not pipe and cigar?
Have you seen pipe and cigar smoker in the public?
Majority of them smoke discreetly indoors in club & at home, hence did not attract attention or irritate others.

Are you linking the 2 different together? I think is not right for this.

Vaping is not smoking.

atticasg

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Do you think by me alone will be putting all at risk?

Please be logical, there are more vapers than you can see pyshically count numbers here.

I not sure if u have try to build numbers here or trying to restrict.

Not all vapers will join the ECF. Hence a lot more vapers out there being caught due to import etc. we are just not able to reach them telling them not to. Well you can tell 1 but u can't tell all.

So why not you can continue to vape discrete.
You just can't teach people common sense.

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
Not in the eyes of our gov mate.

Yes, but don't share with your friends that vaping is the same like Shisha illegal or vaping so discrete like cigar etc. Cos they will have mis-concept and it will just be a wrong way.

Maybe is me, i used to have this concept of high class smoking but eventually is not.

Yes, vaping is illegal in most country. But so long the numbers keep going, it is moving.

I don't care who get caught and I guess you also can't stop that from happening but we can continue to boost the numbers and saving life .

At the very least, you don't ask them to follow you but they want to quit smoking just like how you did.

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
There are countries who legalise (OTHER SMOKEABLES) , will it ever happen in sg?
When the new law kick in, we will as good as drug abuser.

Let's face it, we are the very minority here. Even the opposition party won't pick up a fight for such a few vote.
If do want to try to educate sg smoker for the switch, try hong lim park.

btw, I did not quit analog but solely use them for outdoors purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeroi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
Singapore
There are countries who legalise (OTHER SMOKEABES), will it ever happen in sg?
When the new law kick in, we will as good as drug abuser.

Let's face it, we are the very minority here. Even the opposition party won't pick up a fight for such a few vote.
If do want to try to educate sg smoker for the switch, try hong lim park.

btw, I did not quit analog but solely use them for outdoors purpose.

Agree, it is just sad that this is how the garment wants.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Look zeroi, I think you've good intentions about spreading vaping as a healthy alternative to smoking, and I'm all for that.

The thing is that you've to understand that vaping in public openly won't make a positive difference.

Let's just say in the best case scenario, a smoker sees you, you talk to him about the benefits of vaping, and he converts to vaping. You don't get caught and move along. Hooray you are a hero for improving someone's life!

But here's a whole other scenario that can and will happen if you continue at it.

Authorities will see you vaping. They will fine you a pretty large sum, from a reference above it's $3000. Your dear mod and tank gets confiscated, and you might be brought in to confess how you got such an item. Under pressure you break and told them of the person you got it from, and the chain of catch-the-vapers continue. The media then gets hold of this story and the newspaper the next morning reads: "Sharp increase in catching of illegal vapers in SG"

More scrutiny may be placed upon other vapers and more of us will be caught. It's a chain reaction, you see?

I applaud your will to make the world to be a better place. Yes Singapore would be better if vaping is legalised. Yes it is unfortunate that we've such high fines, that could be avoided if the government is more understanding.

However you see, vaping is still illegal and against the law. No matter how you see it, one that breaks the law is punishable. So far, they've still sort of closed one eye to vapers. But if people like you continue to be so blatant about it, they might not give us the slight lax that we have the luxury to now.

It's just like gay sex. Two people of the same gender can fck each other, but in privacy. They always campaign for this law to be lifted or changed. You see, they voice it out vocally and legally through open forums with authorities.

Do you see men (Having relations with) each other publicly, shouting to have the ban on gay sex lifted?

The same thing applies to vaping. Vape safe, express yourself in an avenue where you do not jeopardise yourself or others. You've good intentions, but I just hope you understand most of our point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread