Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Agreed Jimi! Been using VT VG-nic for a couple weeks now. Just outstanding on all levels.

But I don't think yellow/brown is plant material. It might be, but I think it is also oxides, and probably not just nic oxides. Probably oxides of other alkaloids present in lesser pure nics. My VT was a slight pink too. I really doubt it is anything harmful.

Your statement about pink being from purer nics slightly oxidizing sounds reasonable, but do you have any literature to support that? I have never found anything online that explained the pink rigorously. I have been just going by what I thought was happening. Previous to VT, the only pink nic I had heard of was Xtreme vaping (Levy), which of course is very pure as well.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Agreed Jimi! Been using VT VG-nic for a couple weeks now. Just outstanding on all levels.

But I don't think yellow/brown is plant material. It might be, but I think it is also oxides, and probably not just nic oxides. Probably oxides of other alkaloids present in lesser pure nics. My VT was a slight pink too. I really doubt it is anything harmful.

Your statement about pink being from purer nics slightly oxidizing sounds reasonable, but do you have any literature to support that? I have never found anything online that explained the pink rigorously. I have been just going by what I thought was happening. Previous to VT, the only pink nic I had heard of was Xtreme Vaping (Levy), which of course is very pure as well.
I believe its both. Suspended matter and oxidation. I have read up on it. ;)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've had crystal clear nic turn pink after about 4 months of regular storage (My working NIC) and it was still just as good as the day I opened it. It's nothing to worry about. Also my VT NIC is turning amber after about 2 months but still taste just as good (Also my working NIC). You can likely refridgrate the NIC which will slow the color change process down but I usually use up my 120ml's of working NIC in a few months anyway so I just don't barther.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread