Vaping and ASMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
Okay, so before I begin, I feel like I should explain what ASMR is for those who may not know. ASMR is basically this feeling you get when you're listening to music. When you reach a certain passage or hear a certain combination of tones/textures, you get this tingling euphoria running from the neck to the spine along with a deep sense of inner serenity and calmness. It's like that feeling you get when you hear a particularly moving passage of classical music, just close your eyes, and get swept away. It's what happens when your really in the the groove or get chills from a wailing guitar solo. Really, all sort of sounds and stimuli can induce it. Music is just the most common trigger. Some people don't seem to experience it at all, others such as myself experience it rather frequently. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, then you probably haven't experienced it, and for you I have this wikipedia article to offer in recourse.

The whole point of this thread is to gather info on other people's experiences with vaping and ASMR. Anybody care to note their experiences?

I've noticed lately that I get ASMR roughly half of the time I listen to music while I vape. And it's more intense too. I literally melt in my chair, tilt my head back, and giggle - it feels so GOOD. If I close my eyes and start moving to the music, it gets even better. This is gonna sound weird, but I can basically induce a strong, head-upper-body orgasm just by putting on the right song while vaping and getting into it. It's like a temporary high that I imagine is probably better than crack (and just as elusive at times.)

Now, I've always experienced a good deal of ASMR. I usually get it several times a week, though sometimes I wouldn't experience it for weeks at a time. The thing is that since I've been vaping, it's been EVERY day and furthermore, every other time I kick it to some jams whilst I vape.

I'm also getting it from things I didn't before, such as movies and stand-up comedy.

Trust me, I'm not complaining, but I'm struggling to come up with a suitable explanation for it. When I was smoking, I never saw any connection between when I smoked and when I felt it. I actually almost never got it when I smoked and listened to music at the same time. Perhaps something in the cigarettes was suppressing my ASMR response and what I'm experiencing now is actually normal for me. I really just don't know.

Last edited:

OptimoMuffin

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
Its probably just the fact that you're getting higher doses of nicotine at one time and that helps to increase this feeling you get. I've smoked for 4 years, about half way into the first year I completely lost that nicotine "Buzz" that first time smokers get.. but when I started vaping I had no clue I was taking in way more nicotine than cigarrettes had provided and I got that buzz again, which leads me to believe that unless you really control the amount of vape you inhale and the amount of mg/ml of nicotine in your juice, youre probably getting more than you're used to.

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
Hmm, that's a possibility too. I've definitely noticed my dreams have gone up 10 whole notches since I started vaping. And there are lucid dream people who will slap a patch on their arm before they go to sleep for nicotine's alleged dream-enhancing properties. I'm probably getting more nicotine than before. I just never really thought that nicotine would increase ASMR sensations. It surprises me, as stimulants such as caffeine tend to dull it. Nicotine does have a different pharmacological profile than other stimulants, though. I wonder if its acetylcholine action influences that at all. I noticed similar ASMR boosts when I was taking Piracetam, which is a LEGAL AND NON-RECREATIONAL drug that also increases acetylcholine activity as well as choline levels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread