Status
Not open for further replies.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
So, I am ready to back in the dark and treachorous world know as DATING. Smoking was always a "dealbreaker". I'm wondering, how many of you incorporate vaping into dating. Do you keep it mum until you've had a few dates or do you whip out the PV on the first?

What's the general reception of vapers in the dating world? Ideally it would be great to meet a nice, respectable professional who also vapes, but somehow I don't think vaping has evolved enough yet.

Do tell . . .

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
I have a boyfriend of about five years; he's a health-nut/gym-head who never smoked and never missed an opportunity to let me know how vile he found it that I did smoke the first three years of our relationship. When I started vaping, he never complained again. Not once. Not a single complaint, and he actually enjoys the scent of some of the juices. He doesn't even associate vaping with smoking (thank GAWD or I'd never hear the end of it).

Even though I am obviously not out mingling, I DO get approached by a fair number of men who don't smoke, but are curious about my e cigarettes. They have friends who vape or they just find it unusual, and I'm almost certain they aren't put off by the concept.

I wouldn't hide the fact that you vape. When potential suitors recoil from cigarettes, most of the time it's the anticipation of the odor and smoker's breath that they find unattractive. Without the tell-tale stink to
trigger the association, I find people to be mostly intrigued by the whole vaping phenomenon. Even if they are usually grossed out by smoking.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Iv'e been known to whip it out on first dates... :toast:

Nice. I said "I like this ostrich" the first tiime I met ya in REOville...hiya, young DJ Fresh:2cool:! Okay, back to the vaping dating scene. I, too, just can't imagine it putting most anyone off. Smokers can be snarky about it, but you could flip 'em, I bet, MsComptrtchr. Best of luck to you out there:)!

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Nice. I said "I like this ostrich" the first tiime I met ya in REOville...hiya, young DJ Fresh:2cool:! Okay, back to the vaping dating scene. I, too, just can't imagine it putting most anyone off. Smokers can be snarky about it, but you could flip 'em, I bet, MsComptrtchr. Best of luck to you out there:)!

I can imagine it putting people off, just not the sort of people I want anything to do with...

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it."
--Agent K

Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I talked to a young lady the other day who I knew slightly.This woman wouldn't give me the time of day when she saw me standing in the smoking area puffing on an analog. She walked up to me and asked how the quitting was going and all about my vape. We are going to a comedy show together next weekend. :)

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
I talked to a young lady the other day who I knew slightly.This woman wouldn't give me the time of day when she saw me standing in the smoking area puffing on an analog. She walked up to me and asked how the quitting was going and all about my vape. We are going to a comedy show together next weekend. :)

'Cellent! Vaping is sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread