Status
Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Just returned to disc golf after about a 20-year hiatus.

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a B-class tournament this weekend (as a spectator). It was amazing to see how many people were vaping. I can honestly say that I saw as many vapers as smokers, quite the surprise.

As well, I'm seeing a number of facebook and (disc golf) forum posts about people finding or losing vape gear on the courses.

I played a round yesterday with a couple of mods, an E-LVT and a VTR (box mod kind of guy here...) and the VTR, despite it's weight seemed to be the best suited. I could stick it in my pocket without worrying bout it. The E-LVT (as well as an MVP at a previous round) didn't seem to fare as well - the atty ended up cocked slightly on the 510 connector. It was easily fixable and didn't leave any permanent damage that I can tell.

So - Who's a disc golf player? Do you have any specific eliquids you enjoy on the course? Any specific gear you think is well-suited to the sport?

TRIPDUBZ

Feb 10, 2014
Michigan
20 years! Do you still have a collection from back then? Probably worth a pretty penny. I've been throwing for around 7 years and I absolutely love vaping on the course! The minimal commitment is key - I used to hate putting or throwing with a cig in my hand, or throwing on the pad while I drive... tanks & apvs are probably better suited for the course. I'm in a hardcore dripping phase atm and my nemi flipped out of my pocket on a drive. I didn't realize it, so I stomped it into the dirt on my way back to my bag. Dirt and mechs are whack, and breaking cheap magnet switches is even more lame.

I would leave the expensive gear at home and stick to something cheap and hard hitting. I say this, but I probably won't listen to my own suggestion heh. My solution to the dirt problem - keep the gear in the bag and don't throw the bag around. As for juice I've been blowing grizzy vapes nanner bear with weihenstephaner wefeweissbier - good summer pair! Also I really like vapor chef butterbeer with sonoma pitchfork pear ~ choice!

Discing without cigs has been great. Vaping really suits the sport bc its tough to climb those steep course with crispy lungs.

Cheers on them chains!

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I have a couple of discs from when I started that didn't see much use. A mint original Piranha and a 93 world tournament stamp disc that Ken Climo ID'ed as a Lightning SR-71 Blackbird when he was in town for a tournament last week. The rest of them are pretty beat up because the course I lived next to was basically carved out of trees (Brahan Springs in Huntsville, AL).

One thing I've noticed is that I only hit the mods when sitting down for a break, when I used to fire up a cigarette every couple of holes. Didn't touch it last night through the entire round.

TRIPDUBZ

Feb 10, 2014
Michigan
Oh right on the champ with the ID win!

http://youtu.be/Or98UCpsZ9Q

I noticed that too. The only time I'm really puffing is if I'm waiting for groups or taking a break. It's strange how I used to have a cig while walking and throwing, but I realized a big part of that was because the people I played with would light one up and it was easy to join in. Now since most of my friends vape, it's kind of a "drip break" thing now. Anyway cool to hear from an old schooler - mucho respect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread