Vaping Forbidden on Patio of Golf Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
They are entitled to their opinion, however I find that hard to believe. If that was the case then what's the hubbub about the FDA, taxes and bans?

The operative word in my post is "few". Fortunately the vast majority of us realize that good science is on our side and that vaping poses no threat to those near by. There are always those in society who want to control the behavior of others and believe they know better than everyone else how you should act. They exist on ECF as well.

Last edited:

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Thanks AmandaD & vv2win for your responses. I have printed off the relevant info & will use it to write my letter to the board.

I have seriously considered leaving the club. I just have so much money and time invested in the place, I don't want to make a hasty decision.

The club executive are not the morality police. I am not harming anyone.

I'll see how (if) they respond to my letter & proceed from there.

I would first gather every member in your favor and simply walk into the presidents office and say.." We have X amount of time left for this year dues paid, I/we want a refund of the balance left. They in turn will ask.."why?"....I would then say " vaping is no longer allowed and we/I want to be a member(s) of a club that serves me/us, not one that is self serving for reasons that have no impact on the club, the banning of vaping is purely a political one and I/we joined the club to relax and get away from politics and unsubstantiated bureaucratic policy making!"

This is a moment both smokers and vapers can unite for the cause!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Ahhh, Rich people problems. ..KIDDING...vapers are as big a pariah in society as analog users. All you have to do is whip out your baseball bat mod and 5 ml tank and watch...people look at you like you have a 3rd eye. Why should it be any different at a country club. You are wasting your time trying to convince anyone of anything else. The pseudo "science" on the effect of vaping is laughable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Ahhh, Rich people problems. ..KIDDING...vapers are as big a pariah in society as analog users. All you have to do is whip out your baseball bat mod and 5 ml tank and watch...people look at you like you have a 3rd eye. Why should it be any different at a country club. You are wasting your time trying to convince anyone of anything else. The pseudo "science" on the effect of vaping is laughable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

As long as you are prepared to educate the uninformed, it doesn't need to stay that way. Many of us carry our larger PV's with us, whether we use it or not. Over the last 4 years, I've easily educated around 500+ people who have asked about my Vamo or SVD with tank. They always walk away with a new appreciation for vaping and the differences in vaping gear. About 80% ask me (usually for a friend or loved one) where they can get one.

If we don't hide our vaping but do so respectfully most places and are prepared to educate the uninformed, little by little we can change perceptions. If we act like vaping and smoking are the same thing, then that is the perception that we leave with the uninformed.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
A few on ECF believe smoking and vaping are the same thing and should be treated the same way.

Yes, I have noticed that.
And publishing a link to anti-vaping propaganda in a vapers forum is a case in point.

@housedag:

Whenever you see the name Stanton Glantz, be assured that what he spouts about vaping is the worst kind of fearmongering and propaganda imaginable.

I am amazed that somebody actually has the gall to link anti-vaping propaganda to a new member of this forum who is asking for positive reinforcement and for help. ECF is a vapers forum, not an anti-vapers forum.

Instead of reading propaganda authored by the worst enemy of vaping, Mr. ANTZ himself, the OP might want to take a look at this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-discussion/508446-myth-second-hand-vape.html - Good reading there. Including the OP statement.

Further reading on the safety of e-cigarettes:

New Research Shows E-Cig Vapor Contains Similar Toxins to Outdoor Air and Human Breath - Press Release - Digital Journal

New study finds no health concerns in e-cig vapor

First Study to Examine Passive Vaping Under Real-Life Conditions Finds No Chemicals of Concern in Room Air

Latest Studies Confirm E-Cigarette Vapor Safety

This last one is from 13 Aug 2012, but not outdated at all. Especially the last part:

Despite the mounting scientific evidence that e-cigarette vapor is not hazardous to the health of users or bystanders, some groups such as Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights and American Lung Association lobbyists continue to insist that vapor should be included in laws meant to protect the public from smoke exposure. Calling vapor smoke does not change the physical and chemical properties of either substance. Including vapor in smoking bans encourages smokers to continue lighting up instead of switching to an alternative that could save their lives and reduce health risks of bystanders.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Yes, I have noticed that.
And publishing a link to anti-vaping propaganda in a vapers forum is a case in point.

@housedag:

Whenever you see the name Stanton Glantz, be assured that what he spouts about vaping is the worst kind of fearmongering and propaganda imaginable.

I am amazed that somebody actually has the gall to link anti-vaping propaganda to a new member of this forum who is asking for positive reinforcement and for help. ECF is a vapers forum, not an anti-vapers forum.

Instead of reading propaganda authored by the worst enemy of vaping, Mr. ANTZ himself, the OP might want to take a look at this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-discussion/508446-myth-second-hand-vape.html - Good reading there. Including the OP statement.

Further reading on the safety of e-cigarettes:

New Research Shows E-Cig Vapor Contains Similar Toxins to Outdoor Air and Human Breath - Press Release - Digital Journal

New study finds no health concerns in e-cig vapor

First Study to Examine Passive Vaping Under Real-Life Conditions Finds No Chemicals of Concern in Room Air

Latest Studies Confirm E-Cigarette Vapor Safety

This last one is from 13 Aug 2012, but not outdated at all. Especially the last part:

Excellent information. Hopefully the OP can use this good information in his/her presentation. Just stay clear of anything from Stanton Glantz, who wants vaping banned everywhere and provides "junk" science to accomplish his goal. And it is unfortunate, being a new person asking for help, that he was presented as someone who is reputable.

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
Try intimidating the Club President by threatening violence. If this fails, your only recourse will be to kill him and usurp his position as President. Once you have the Conch in your possession, the others must listen to you. Watch your back though as there will always be someone stronger or faster waiting in the shadows.

If his position is an elected position, then you could run against him or possibly organize and campaign for someone else against him, preferably someone who is weak. Someone that you can install in the office as a puppet that only you hold the strings to.

....or yeah, I guess you could start with writing him a letter. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread