Vaping Forbidden on Patio of Golf Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Housedag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Canada
Hi everyone! I am a member of a private golf course in Canada. I was recently told that I am no longer allowed to vape on our outdoor patio near our bistro.

This is the only area outdoors that both men and women meet up to have a drink after golf. Adjacent to this patio ( separated by a hedge) is a men's area that allows both cigarette and cigar smoking.

Late last summer, the club introduced a no smoking policy on the bistro patio, and I quit smoking (yeah!!!), and began vaping. Now I am being told I can't do that either.

Apparently, the club executive plans on eventually implementing a club wide no smoking policy and this is the "first step." According to the club president, e-cigarettes are not considered safe, and my only recourse is to write a letter to the board at which time it will be reconsidered.

This is where I need your help. I need to present my case to the board. I looking for facts relating to 2nd hand vape dangers, if any, and any other relevant facts.

Thank u for your time & sorry about the long winded post. Cheers!!

Housedag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Canada
Thanks AmandaD & vv2win for your responses. I have printed off the relevant info & will use it to write my letter to the board.

I have seriously considered leaving the club. I just have so much money and time invested in the place, I don't want to make a hasty decision.

The club executive are not the morality police. I am not harming anyone.

I'll see how (if) they respond to my letter & proceed from there.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
Here are 3 review article from Pub Med (a major medical journal) about vaping.

If you search for the keywords: "secondhand smoke", "secondhand vapor", "passive vaping", "passive smoking" you should find the info that you need in there.

Here are the reviews:

www.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4018182/
"The Grana paper"

The Saitta paper
The Palazzolo paper

Have fun.

Keep on vaping.

Last edited by a moderator:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Personally, i think it has 'zero' to do with safety , it has to do with what looks like smoke when your puffing on an e cig , people just automatically think of smoking and that's not "in" these days , ignorance ? Absolutely but it just doesn't look proper especially at an exclusive club.

I am the furthest thing from being politically correct and if it was me i would say 'shove it ' as a previous poster already mentioned.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Here are 3 review article from Pub Med (a major medical journal) about vaping.

If you search for the keywords: "secondhand smoke", "secondhand vapor", "passive vaping", "passive smoking" you should find the info that you need in there.

Here are the reviews:

www.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4018182/
"The Grana paper" .....................

Have fun.

Keep on vaping.

Just amazing. A new ECF member asks for help in providing positive support for vaping and what does he get? He gets another ECF member pushing the slanted BS from the biggest ANTZ in America, Stanton Glantz:

Grana Paper:

"E-Cigarettes

A Scientific Review
Rachel Grana, PhD, MPH, Neal Benowitz, MD, and Stanton A. Glantz, PhD"

Any ECF member who pushes Glantz at an unsuspecting new member, as a source of legitimate information on vaping, is not a friend of the vaping community.

Last edited by a moderator:

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
It's hard to imagine a golf club that would ban smoking totally, especially if it's extended to out on the course. Do you see a lot of golfers smoking on the course?
I thought that's what golfers did, drink, smoke, and play golf. Maybe you could search out other smokers and inform them that this type of thing was mentioned as being a first step toward complete abolition of smoking at the club. I'm sure there are others who would like to know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread