vaping and drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember on my 4th day off analogs I was with some friends drinking. I vaped thru the first beer no problem so I had another after my second beer my craving for an analog sky rocketed. my friends smoke cigs so I had to get out fighting my self not to smoke and kept vaping. I started having bad mood swings (good thing I left lol) n feeling down at moments so I ate n felt better n called it a night. the next day I went n bpught 36 mg which I've rarely used only under stressful situations. I haven't drank since to give myself sometime.
has anyone here had a similar problem when they first started vaping?

Jimmy_Noname

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Monterey, California
Yup. I'm still new, so I still get those killer cravings while drinking. I normally vape at 18mg, so if I'm just drinking at home it's manageable as I can chain vape. But when I'm out at a bar I can't chain vape like a mad man, so the craving builds up. I think higher nicotine helps in those situations, for me 24mg is fine, so you can satisfy your craving faster and carry on until it comes back, like you would with an analog.

Last edited:
The highest liquid I have ever vaped was 24. I haven't had many problems since switching to variable voltage/wattage. I vape at 18 now. The transition to vaping can be stressful for some. Vaping is not smoking. It does deliver nicotine but it does not have all of those other chemicals in it that may be contributing to your mood swings. For the handful of people that I have helped get off cigs I tell them to get their new ecig kit. Then once they have it, decide when they want to quit. Once they decide to quit and follow through with it, I suggest that they go as long as possible without anything. Once the cravings have hit the breaking point (usually after a day or so) to then go ahead and grab their ecig and give it a go. Then the craving for nicotine is satisfied and helps with the transition. I do know that in many circumstances that alcohol has been a big reason that many of my friends have slipped up and had a few puffs off a tobacco cigarette. Usually in the morning though, they go back to their ecig. Don't let these situations get you down. The transition is not easy but ecigs certainly make it much more tolerable. Eventually you will probably be appalled by tobacco cigarettes.

NotoriousJDP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Springfield, IL, USA
I went through this my 2nd day off analogs. I pretty much vaped ALL night long. I mean every other breath. I went through a brand new pre-filled cartridge in like 2 hours. When that was gone I had to go home to keep from bumming a ciggy off of someone at the bar. I don't know how I'm going to cope the next time I drink (there will be a next time) but I just hope I can fight off the urge to light up.

Here in Illinois, many of the bars don't care if you vape. I have been able to vape in the bar while my friends have to go outside to smoke. In some ways I think it has made them consider switching so they can enjoy indoor nicotine inhallation. It gets cold here in the winter and while they are outside freezing their asses off, I am in the toasty warm bar vaping away. I would like to point out that this is the only public place indoors that I vape, other than vapebash 2 lol.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
... so the craving builds up. I think higher nicotine helps in those situations, for me 24mg is fine, so you can satisfy your craving faster and carry on until it comes back, like you would with an analog.

Good post. The first time I went drinking, I took 10mg lemon juice :blush:

These days I take 24mg tobacco, the "nastiest" I can find.

rockerlynne

Apr 18, 2013
Orlando, FL USA
Here in Illinois, many of the bars don't care if you vape. I have been able to vape in the bar while my friends have to go outside to smoke. In some ways I think it has made them consider switching so they can enjoy indoor nicotine inhallation. It gets cold here in the winter and while they are outside freezing their asses off, I am in the toasty warm bar vaping away. I would like to point out that this is the only public place indoors that I vape, other than vapebash 2 lol.

"Indoor nicotine inhalation" Love it!

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
I am about 92 hours into my vapping life. I was a heavy smoker so, I bought some 36, 24, and 18mg to start with.

Last night was my first time drinking and vaping. I started with 24mg, went to 36mg when the cravings hit, and dropped to 18mg when I started to chain vape.

Maybe I was lucky, I didn't really have any problems. Then again, I was at a friend's house. He does not smoke or allow smoking in his house. And, there was only one smoker there. He had to go outside and I did not.

Last edited:

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
I don't know if it's physiological or psychological but I definitely found it hard to drink when I first started vaping. I can't say I drink a lot but drinking and smoking had always gone together for me and I'd never really known alcohol without tobacco. It does get easier with time though, I promise! Last weekend I went out and had a few drinks and didn't even think about it until the following day!x

I had that same problem when I bought my first mod which was an ego. I had cravings and smoked a cig every one in a while. Once I upgraded to a geni everything changed. I got a provari and bought a bliss rba. ( rebuild-able atomizer) and ever since then the cravings are gone. The vaping quality is out the roof compared to a ego and the taste and throat hit with a geni are much better. Overall better vaping quality to it gives more satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread