Vaping and Gout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
First I want to say that I do not think vaping causes gout. I'm just curious what other Vapors do that suffer from gout. If there's a certain PG VG ratio that they prefer if they feel that even affects it Etc. I started getting gout attacks after I turned 35 so for the last 4 years I have battled with them. My diet is super tailored and I have to be really picky about purine content and all that fun stuff. Since I'm still kind of new to vaping almost about 2 months now I just wanted to find out if there's certain flavoring to watch out for and stuff like that. Would sweeteners effect it? I am going through a pretty bad gout attack right now and the only thing I can relate it to as far as vaping is concerned is dehydration. I'm still trying to train myself to drink up to a gallon of water a day. And some days I forget to drink that much water because I don't really feel thirsty which is the weird part. Pretty much just curious if other people who suffer from gout have any little tricks or tips that they do to help prevent it as far as vaping is concerned. Thanks for your time.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
First I would suspect dehydration as current cause of flare up. As you probably know artificial sweeteners have been linked by some research to gout flare ups. I'm not sure how conclusive the studies have been. Sucralose (think Splenda) is one sweetener used in the eJuice industry. Seems like the level of sweetener in eJuice would be too low to trigger gout but different people have different sensitivities.

Before giving away all your sweet fruity and desert juices I'd hydrate well.

You might take a look at this link

Vaping = gout? : electronic_cigarette

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread