The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping and Headache!

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by rmhale, Nov 3, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rmhale

rmhale Full Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Hello All...

A friend of mine who is very new to vaping is complaining that she get's headaches after vaping! She thinks that maybe the nicotine is too strong in the vape juice... She is currently using one that is 18ml, I suggested she try a different juice that has less and see if that makes a difference... Does this sound right or am I just throwing darts at the wall?

Robbie

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pod_Vaper

Pod_Vaper Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    That could certainly be the case. I'm prone to chronic headaches/migraines, and I know certain brands also bother me. It could be the sweetener used or even a particular flavor. I've not nailed down what triggers it, but have learned to avoid certain brands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rmhale

rmhale Full Member

Oct 24, 2018
    That makes sense, I hadn't even thought of the 'flavor' being the issue... Thanks

4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    An Easy test would be for Her to use 18mg/ml Unflavored for a week or so.

If She doesn't have any more Headaches, then it was Most Likely one of the Flavorings or Sweetener in Her Flavored e-Liquid.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rmhale

rmhale Full Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Got it... I'll forward this information on along to here... THANKS

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Too much nicotine: same symptoms as too much caffeine.

Headache, nausea, jitters, sweating, etc.

Some folks keep two nic strengths of e-liquid handy. One for regular use, and the other with more or less nicotine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. rmhale

rmhale Full Member

Oct 24, 2018
    Another really great idea, I'll pass it along... THANKS

• Like Like x 1
  8. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    When you pass along all the Info you get here, you might Also ask her How Much Water she drinks on an Average Day?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. KurtVD

KurtVD Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    I’m suffering from chronic migraines, even when I’m not vaping or doing anything else, but I’ve found that I can only vape very few juices without immediately getting a headache. For example, the less PG the better it is, but it also depends on the other ingredients. So far, out of about 20 juices I’ve tested, I’ve only kept 3 high VG juices. So just keep on testing until she finds what’s good for her...

10. Vapedog

Vapedog Super Member

Oct 28, 2018
    I can get a headache when I'm dehydrated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    I used to get headaches on almost a continual basis when I first started vaping. I would also experience mild nausea. The problem was simple to fix.... LOWER the nicotine level.... Headaches are a general symptom, and as such, they can be caused by a multitude of things. But, it is a well known fact that high amounts of nicotine will cause headaches. Once I lowered my nicotine levels in my e-juice, then all of that nonsense stopped instantly.

12. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I agree with the other comments here. Just one thing to add...if its the nicotine I would expect it to come with other symptoms like nausea for example. If it is just a straight headache then the flavours are the more likely culprit. Easy to test all this though as already suggested :)

13. Old Greybeard

Old Greybeard Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    Also, depending on the quantity of PG in the juice this could also be a result of dehydration.

14. Rangertrix

Rangertrix Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    You had to open that Pandora's Box, didn't you? Fasten your seatbelts everyone, lol.

That being said, flavors definitely have an effect.
    I love Pomegranate, but 99% of liquids w/ that flavoring make nauseous.
    Another crazy symptom of too high a nic level is hiccups. Crazy, but true.

15. Old Greybeard

Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    My pleasure, @Rangertrix, I've lost count the number of times in my life someone has told me "You can't say that". You can guess what happens next ....

I must have an innocent face to have survived this long. Or am missing the "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" gene. One of the two :lol:.

16. Rangertrix

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    Let's hope both when the 'debate club' arrives.....
    I'm having a 'Rayon vs Cotton vs Silica' flashback from YEARS ago, lol. o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. KurtVD

KurtVD Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    As a chronic migraine and headache sufferer, I’ve heard that many, many times (you should drink more water, stuff like that), but I can positively say that this has absolutely no effect, unless you’re talking about getting dehydrated through drinking a lot of alcohol, that seems to be the cause of the infamous hangover headaches (which you can reliably prevent by drinking at least a liter of water before going to bed, but it’s hard to do if you’re really drunk). Otherwise that’s an advice I’ve only ever got from people who do not themselves suffer from regular headaches, so I have my doubts.

18. Old Greybeard

Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    I recant.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Rangertrix

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    And so it begins........ :lol:

Thread Status: