Vaping and Headache!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmhale

Oct 24, 2018
Hello All...

A friend of mine who is very new to vaping is complaining that she get's headaches after vaping! She thinks that maybe the nicotine is too strong in the vape juice... She is currently using one that is 18ml, I suggested she try a different juice that has less and see if that makes a difference... Does this sound right or am I just throwing darts at the wall?

Robbie

rmhale

Oct 24, 2018
That could certainly be the case. I'm prone to chronic headaches/migraines, and I know certain brands also bother me. It could be the sweetener used or even a particular flavor. I've not nailed down what triggers it, but have learned to avoid certain brands.

That makes sense, I hadn't even thought of the 'flavor' being the issue... Thanks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That makes sense, I hadn't even thought of the 'flavor' being the issue... Thanks

An Easy test would be for Her to use 18mg/ml Unflavored for a week or so.

If She doesn't have any more Headaches, then it was Most Likely one of the Flavorings or Sweetener in Her Flavored e-Liquid.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I’m suffering from chronic migraines, even when I’m not vaping or doing anything else, but I’ve found that I can only vape very few juices without immediately getting a headache. For example, the less PG the better it is, but it also depends on the other ingredients. So far, out of about 20 juices I’ve tested, I’ve only kept 3 high VG juices. So just keep on testing until she finds what’s good for her...

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I used to get headaches on almost a continual basis when I first started vaping. I would also experience mild nausea. The problem was simple to fix.... LOWER the nicotine level.... Headaches are a general symptom, and as such, they can be caused by a multitude of things. But, it is a well known fact that high amounts of nicotine will cause headaches. Once I lowered my nicotine levels in my e-juice, then all of that nonsense stopped instantly.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    Also, depending on the quantity of PG in the juice this could also be a result of dehydration.

You had to open that Pandora's Box, didn't you? Fasten your seatbelts everyone, lol.

That being said, flavors definitely have an effect.
    I love Pomegranate, but 99% of liquids w/ that flavoring make nauseous.
    Another crazy symptom of too high a nic level is hiccups. Crazy, but true.

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    You had to open that Pandora's Box, didn't you?

My pleasure, @Rangertrix, I've lost count the number of times in my life someone has told me "You can't say that". You can guess what happens next ....

I must have an innocent face to have survived this long. Or am missing the "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" gene. One of the two :lol:.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    I must have an innocent face to have survived this long. Or am missing the "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" gene. One of the two :lol:.

Let's hope both when the 'debate club' arrives.....
    I'm having a 'Rayon vs Cotton vs Silica' flashback from YEARS ago, lol. o_O

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    Also, depending on the quantity of PG in the juice this could also be a result of dehydration.

As a chronic migraine and headache sufferer, I’ve heard that many, many times (you should drink more water, stuff like that), but I can positively say that this has absolutely no effect, unless you’re talking about getting dehydrated through drinking a lot of alcohol, that seems to be the cause of the infamous hangover headaches (which you can reliably prevent by drinking at least a liter of water before going to bed, but it’s hard to do if you’re really drunk). Otherwise that’s an advice I’ve only ever got from people who do not themselves suffer from regular headaches, so I have my doubts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread