Vaping and Sexual Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Ducky

Sep 7, 2011
Binghamton, NY
Being new to vaping (and completely in love with it), I've been doing as much reading as possible on side effects, both good and bad, that people have experienced since switching from tobacco to e-cigarettes. Of course there are the obvious benefits such as improved lung function from the lack of tar and higher blood oxygen levels due to the absence of carbon monoxide, but information on any potential effects on one's sexual health is quite scarce. I noticed this because it is relatively common knowledge in the health community that circulation impairment caused by smoking is a major factor in the condition of many men suffering from impotence or erectile dysfunction, which, in a roundabout way, can affect the libido. This question was asked roughly two years ago in this forum, albeit far more crudely, in this post:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/22228-do-smokers-have-low-libido.html

Due to the manner in which the question was asked, the OP was mocked, and little information was presented. However, I do believe the question to be a particularly important one for someone who has been presented with such a problem. Personally, I was a smoker for about 5 and a half years, and have not experienced such difficulties. HOWEVER, I'm also a guy not more than 7 months out of his teens, and, with the exception of the past 8 days, have been smoking a pack a day for the entire span that I've been... erm... active, so I don't believe that I am the best person to be drawing information from on this matter. Of course, should I note any changes, I will gladly volunteer what information I should come up with.

So my question is: To those who have successfully made a relatively long-term transition from smoking tobacco to vaping, have you experienced increased/decreased sexual function since making the switch? I'm not necessarily talking about certain obvious factors such as being able to perform higher-intensity activities for longer periods of time without getting winded, although that certainly is a valid positive side effect. It could include better performance, higher libido/desire, anything that you, personally, consider to be an effect that vaping has had on your sexual health. I understand that for many, this could potentially be an embarrassing topic to discuss, but there will be no judgement here, merely contribution to a thus-far vastly under-noted, yet incredibly important topic regarding e-cigarettes.

NOTE: My apologies to the moderating staff if this thread, in any way, shape, or form, violates the rules of the forum.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I'm only 30, so maybe I can't really say either, though I know I'm getting closer to that dreaded time when things stop functioning like they should. But I can't say I've really noticed any difference. Maybe aside from the improved lung function and less coughing, it makes those moments more pleasurable when you're not coughing up a lung from the increased heart rate/breathing. But as everything is still working fine for me, I can't really say that it's improved, but I can say it hasn't gotten any worse. Not sure you'd get anybody whose had this issue to admit anything in this public type of forum where people tend to chat so much on here that they get to know each other pretty well.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
I'm not sure if you noticed, but a well-known medical researcher is running a survey on this question right now?

See the Notices at the top of the forum index page.

It could be that your questions can wait until the survey is published, since the sample size will be much larger than you can hope to get an answer from here - one reason being that people may consider this topic personal and only the business of medical researchers.

The previous work of this researcher has proved very useful so it might be expected that if his team cannot provide answers, then the subject is not going to be easily clarified.

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
I never had a problem performing or with drive.
But after vaping for almost 2 months I noticed that with better bloodflow, I am having a much larger situation in the bedroom.
I smoked for about 17 years, and have always been more than happy with what the good lord gave me, But i'm glad i started vaping , if not for better health , but for this. :)

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
Never had a problem, but I do know one person who does have this problem. It has not gone away after switching. I think that it is not, for him, physiological as much as psychological. On the other hand, I know a women who is still smoking that reports having sexual problems and I suspect that smoking is the cause. She reports that she will not make the switch to e-cigs.

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I smoked for 23 years and quit this past summer, I'm now 40. For about the first 30 days after quitting all analogs my libido took a big dive, then it went up :) Based on the other symptoms I was experiencing from quitting cigarettes I came to the conclusion it was from a lack of MAOI found in cigarettes. It took about 30 days for my body's chemistry to re-align. After 30 days it works about the same as before I quit. So no noticeable improvement from quitting but I'm sure it will last many more years now. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread