Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
People seem to be getting confused. All of these links are to various articles about the SAME presentation. Can we please stop calling it a study? If it's not published, and the methodology and data are not available, we're not talking about a scientific study, we're talking about someone's reporting, possibly of a study or a preliminary study, or a hypothesis, but not something with any concrete data.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
While researching immune system for a friend this year, it turns out that people who garden and have animals have better immune systems.

There is something in the "dirt" and dog kisses, you know, you are exposed to bacteria/germs that way, as opposed to people who live these super clean lifestyles in apartments using chlorox wipes, etc. on everything. :).
Same would apply to turning the cigs up-side-down in the cig pack.

Reactions: LaraC

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
While researching immune system for a friend this year, it turns out that people who garden and have animals have better immune systems.

There is something in the "dirt" and dog kisses, you know, you are exposed to bacteria/germs that way, as opposed to people who live these super clean lifestyles in apartments using chlorox wipes, etc. on everything. :).

It's called immunological memory, the vaccine principal. After resolving an infectious threat, the immune system keep in store cells that produce antibody of high affinity to that specific pathogen, or any related pathogens with similar antigenic structures. These cells, called memory plasma cells (also memory B cells) stay in our body for a life time, in a kind of dormant state, they are highly differentiated from B cell precursors. It takes weeks (2-3 weeks) to develop upon first pathogen encounter, but when the pathogen comes again, they get activated rapidly to release high affinity antibodies in hours, promoting the rapid and extremely effective clearance of the infectious agent (virus, bacteria...). By exposing our body to infectious agents, the immune system educate itself from the environmental infectious threats. The immune system also educate itself about self-antigens as a safeguard process to prevent destructive immune reactions self-tissues... It's called immune tolerance, leading to autoimmunity when this process fails to operate properly. Self vs non-self.... pretty anthropomorphic concepts... I was vaccinated against TB when I was a kid, so my skin tests always come up positive and the X-Ray show all clear.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Let say you don't smoke, you don't vape, you don't do anything beside waking up, eat your breakfast, go to work or whatever else you wanna do (we can do a lot of stuff), eat lunch (or not), go back home eat dinner, watch Tv or post on ECF (you're not suppose to vape though, in my premise but it doesn't really matter) ... What ever your daily life pattern is, if I apply the gene expression analysis as we know them, and as these investigators have been doing for the past 10-20 years (scrapping your nose, extract RNA, and put the template onto that gene expression kit (it's actually easier than twisting a good coil)), I know that I'll find out that thousands your "Immune genes" (what ever that vague terminology means), will go up and down throughout the day... That's just means that we're healthy! One thing that these so called scientists/researchers, or those who have no clue and dare to write about it can not do, is to tell what the hell they are specifically talking about... I've been looking into it to narrow the scientific purpose, and certainly pull out some outcomes beyond what most won't think about... I twisted it in so many directions, but no platform to intelligibly argue or debate on... so frustrating... I've been ...... off over the emptiness of the original claim, sorry folks. What we can tell them though is that we feel good since we stop smoking, we don't get any more infections than anyone else (actually maybe less). So now, what we can ask is show your data (if you have any) and let see what our people can say about them. We got qualified vaper folks, in every field including biological science or immunology that would evaluate your data (if you have any that you can dare to expose) with no bias to tell you what they worth. So far, I can tell you Professor (I let you guess that name), you have shown no substance to support your claim. Shame on you!

Last edited:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)

Probably why the Physician I dated let his pooches lick his dinner plates before they went int he dishwasher....LOL

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Probably why the Physician I dated let his pooches lick his dinner plates before they went int he dishwasher....LOL
Uhm... Dogs have dibs on dinner (and breakfast and lunch!) plates when humans are done with them. That's the obvious natural order of the universe.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Uhm... Dogs have dibs on dinner (and breakfast and lunch!) plates when humans are done with them. That's the obvious natural order of the universe.
That's the whole reason wolves started hanging around humans in the first place.
No question about it being the natural order of things.
:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread