Vaping caffeine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
There are a few with caffeine available. e.g. Doppio Espresso, Green Cow, Kola Kick, Red Bullet from Decadent Vapours/Totally Wicked (concentrates, but they also do pre-mixed). FlavorWest sell it as an e-liquid additive - Caffeine

I've tried some of the TW caffeine containing ones and they are OK, but one problem is that the caffeine is not really soluble in the base so it tends to seperate and makes a gel like emulsion. It's easy to sort out (warm the bottle and shake it up) but a pain at times. You can tell it's got a bit more kick to it than normal... I don't use these much though TBH.

ericdjobs

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
Northern CA
This won't really work... and here's why.

To even begin to feel the effects of caffeine, you need a dose of around 40mg.. this can me MUCH more for a regular caffeine user (coffee drinker) because of tolerance.

The amount of caffeine in, let's say, a rockstar.... that's around 200-240mg. A Caffeine pill? 200mg.. cup of coffee 120mg you get the picture.

So, let's say that our e-cigs deliver caffeine the same way as nicotine... let's assume (because we don't know any better) that the way our bodies 'pick up' (absorb) and 'use' the caffeine is the exact same as the nicotine (same particle size, same carrier material, both water soluable)

Essentially, if an e-cig was able to deliver the amount of caffeine to actually even feel it, we'd all be dead of nicotine poisoning right now... you'd need an insane amount of caffeine / ml, being that the active dose of caffeine starts at around 40mg... remember, nicotine's active dose is in the *micrograms* (the actual amount absorbed by your body and used, not the amount in the medium) an analogue cigarette only delivers at MOST 1.5mg of nicotine to the body, and we can all agree that analogues deliver nicotine much more efficiently than a PV.. so we can infer that actual nicotine delivery via a PV is relatively low, even with high mg juices.

The same thing will hold true for caffeine, and a 1-3mg dose of caffeine isn't going to do jack squat (and looking at the amount of caffeine used in e-liquid from that link above.. it's actually an extremely small amount to begin with)

Reactions: spacekitty

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
It's just hype. It may contain caffiene but it is too little to do anything. To make it even less plausible, nicotine helps the body breakdown the caffiene 2 times faster than naturally.

So even if there were sufficient amounts to do anything, the nicotine in the same solution would eliminate the effects quickly.

Source: http://whyquit.com/pr/100305.html

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
This won't really work... and here's why.

To even begin to feel the effects of caffeine, you need a dose of around 40mg.. this can me MUCH more for a regular caffeine user (coffee drinker) because of tolerance.

The amount of caffeine in, let's say, a rockstar.... that's around 200-240mg. A Caffeine pill? 200mg.. cup of coffee 120mg you get the picture.

So, let's say that our e-cigs deliver caffeine the same way as nicotine... let's assume (because we don't know any better) that the way our bodies 'pick up' (absorb) and 'use' the caffeine is the exact same as the nicotine (same particle size, same carrier material, both water soluable)

Essentially, if an e-cig was able to deliver the amount of caffeine to actually even feel it, we'd all be dead of nicotine poisoning right now... you'd need an insane amount of caffeine / ml, being that the active dose of caffeine starts at around 40mg... remember, nicotine's active dose is in the *micrograms* (the actual amount absorbed by your body and used, not the amount in the medium) an analogue cigarette only delivers at MOST 1.5mg of nicotine to the body, and we can all agree that analogues deliver nicotine much more efficiently than a PV.. so we can infer that actual nicotine delivery via a PV is relatively low, even with high mg juices.

The same thing will hold true for caffeine, and a 1-3mg dose of caffeine isn't going to do jack squat (and looking at the amount of caffeine used in e-liquid from that link above.. it's actually an extremely small amount to begin with)
What he said :)

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
If you want more caffeine, drink coffee or caffeinated sodas. If you want more vitamins, take a pill. Vaping isn't going to be able to give you enough of these to make a difference because uptake is slower and in some cases, adding liquid suppliments to your e-liquid can be dangerous.

Didn't they once think we'd be getting our nutrition in pill form by now? I want all my nutrition in VAPE!

At least it tastes better than pills...

Astatine

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2011
USA
I agree with all previous posters for a very simple reason:
Boiling point for PG is 188 deg C
Boiling point of caffeine is WAY higher! (since it's melting point is 238 deg C...)
It's going to kill you atty before it gets to you :glare:

I vote for hype. Even if some get's carried with the vapor, it will be so negligible, you will be better off drinking your favorite caffeinated drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread