The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping & Fitness

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by mikeego, Dec 8, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mikeego

mikeego Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    Hi, I'm Mike. I quit cigs a month ago by changing to a fitness lifestyle and switching to ecigs/pv's. I've been reading your ecig forum for 3 weeks and I'm inspired. I like vaping because... > It seems the purist way to get my nico fix > I feel better before and after workouts > It helps my techy/hobby mind and it's kinda cool man. My new kit is... 2 Apollo 900 mah ego's, 1 Steam Monk 1100 mah ego twist, 2 ce4 clearos, 5 Boge cartos. Is this ok gear for a beginner? I lost the o-ring on my 2nd clearo drip tip and it gurgles ejuice so do I need that ring or toss the clearo &/or drip tip? Thanks.

2. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Vaping definitely helps. A month ago I was curious and timed myself holding my breath for as long as I could. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 30 years and lasted all of 45 seconds.

Today I timed myself and made it to a minute and a half :) Thats a huge improvement.

3. Punkndrublic

Punkndrublic Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I'm back to over a minute to holding my breath. And for the running I'm back to normal without the heaving. Vaping is def a better choice. I was a smoker for about 15 years too.

4. Slabb

Slabb Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2012
    St. Louis
    I would reccommend not throwing away some stuff. You can use it to replace other parts if something breaks. Personally, I had some Kanger T2's and the tips cracked on both of them. I threw out the broken tips, but saved the o-rings off them in case my new ones wore out.

5. Kable

Kable Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    Davis, CA
    I would get a glass tank (people seem to like this site for relatively inexpensive ones: IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!), some more boges, and a carto punch. You can find drip tips anywhere for cheap. Then try sample size juices from several vendors if you haven't found your favorite juice yet.

6. Chaserlm

Chaserlm Full Member

Dec 7, 2012
    California
    Thats an amazing improvement, Im hoping I can stick with it and pull similar results.

7. Abatman33

Abatman33 Moved On

Dec 8, 2012
    Georgia
    I feel a huge health improvement from switch from analogs to ecigs! Good luck!

8. BarbWire

BarbWire Full Member

Nov 25, 2012
    UK
    I smoked on and off for 18 years, I stopped in 2010 after my uncle died due to a heart attack. Over 3 months ago I started to smoke again due to stress and I deeply regretted it. My boyfriend found out about ecigs and since we got a decent ego-c and t3 set up we have never looked back and never will! 3 weeks today and we shall never smoke again! We both feel so much healthier and can run, skip and jump once again without feeling out of breath.

9. mikeego

mikeego Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    That is so encouraging that You all feel better and can hold your breath for so long. I feel 10 years younger & lost 30 lbs. I'm glad I switched to vaping. I thought it would be so much harder so I feel a bit blessed. I checked out those tanks & they look super cool. I look forward to trying diff delivery systems in the months to come. Thanks for the advice on spare parts. So the missing o-ring on the drip tip can cause the gurgling and e-liquid leak to mouth?

10. Skinny Pete

Skinny Pete Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2012
    Vegas
    I have washboard abs now due to increased energy and no more smokers cough. more energy, stay awake less tired and bigger woodies !

11. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    One of the first things I noticed when I switched to vaping was that my heart rate -- both standing and peak -- were about 20 bpm lower according to the elliptical machine. I recently had surgery and the surgeon noted that switching from smoking to vaping was a very good idea. While ymmv, I've definitely noticed fitness benefits to vaping.

12. mikeego

mikeego Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    Man that's cool to hear the good feedback from your doc. The virility comment had me in stitches. Hahaha« I havn't tried my boge cartos yet. They appear kind of slow/strange to fill from vids I've seen.?? I really like my new kits and the clearos seem to work ok once I learned the tilt to fill. I'm fascinated by both the aesthetic and tech options available for vaping. It also seems a steep learning curve.

13. mtb

mtb Full Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I quit smoking cigs quite awhile ago, but always said...joking...if they ever invent a safe way to smoke, sign me up. I was in good shape while I smoked, and it obviously got better after quitting ...I.e. ride 50 to 100 miles on bike no problem...weights, etc. my wife continued to smoke and I got her an e-cig a few years ago. I asked my doctors about e-cigs and health. They said as long as it is nicotine free, they have read nothing wrong with it. So I tried it, loved it, and have seen no decrease in my physical level. I get checked regularly and its thumbs up. Still cycle regularly and if my fitness level fluctuates, it is due more to me not being consistent in training. Have experienced no difference in lung capacity, endurance, strength or stamina. Of course, there are potentially unknown risks. But for those that like smoking but place higher value on their quality of life, I think vaping is a great great alternative. Keep vaping and exercising.

14. rmarcus929

rmarcus929 Full Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Ohio N.E. area
    Very inspiring. I've been weight lifting for 3 years. Lost over 100 pounds and gained 30 in muscle. Just turned 45. I eat healthy, now and like veggies. Quite smoking and have been vaping for 5 days now. I can already tell a small change in my cardio output.

15. Jonesey

Jonesey Full Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Canada
    I'm three months off the smokes now. I noticed an increase in energy pretty much right away. I've been training in classical shotokan karate in a very technically demanding dojo for over five years now and passed my shodan grading last week with flying colours. At times during the test I thought I was going to die and I wonder now how I'd have felt if I was still a smoker.

16. Sonso

Sonso Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2012
    Florida
    I am not a fitness buff but I will say as far the lungs go it certainly does make a huge difference in a very short time. I'm a 63 yr old female. I do work hard physically a lot of the time. Lots of hard yard work and landscaping type things. Far from sedentary. I've smoked for close to 50 years heavily. Right now I'm only 10 or 11 days into vaping and being tobacco free. Today I blew up 20 rather large balloons one after another for a wedding. Two weeks ago I could not have blown up one without have to gasp for air. Just saying I think that's an impressive example of the benefits. :)

17. Sassy Sadie

Sassy Sadie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Vapers Paradise
    It was so inspiring to read all your posts!!! Congrats to each one of you for stepping on board the carcinogen free way to get your nic fix!! I have been vaping now for almost 2 1/2 years. I remember the first time I panicked over the thought of my gear breaking down and having to go back to analogs... I knew then I was over the hump... and I have made it a point to have at least one back up PV. LOL Just wanted to wish you all the best!

18. mikeego

mikeego Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    Thanks to all of you for the personal experiences. Each post put a :) on my face. I feel I'm on the right path. So far the mental relief of not smoking is on par with the physical relief. I lost some special people in my life this year and I think they would be proud of me. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.