Vaping & Fitness

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeego

Nov 24, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Hi, I'm Mike. I quit cigs a month ago by changing to a fitness lifestyle and switching to ecigs/pv's. I've been reading your ecig forum for 3 weeks and I'm inspired. I like vaping because... > It seems the purist way to get my nico fix > I feel better before and after workouts > It helps my techy/hobby mind and it's kinda cool man. My new kit is... 2 Apollo 900 mah ego's, 1 Steam Monk 1100 mah ego twist, 2 ce4 clearos, 5 Boge cartos. Is this ok gear for a beginner? I lost the o-ring on my 2nd clearo drip tip and it gurgles ejuice so do I need that ring or toss the clearo &/or drip tip? Thanks.

BarbWire

Nov 25, 2012
UK
I smoked on and off for 18 years, I stopped in 2010 after my uncle died due to a heart attack. Over 3 months ago I started to smoke again due to stress and I deeply regretted it. My boyfriend found out about ecigs and since we got a decent ego-c and t3 set up we have never looked back and never will! 3 weeks today and we shall never smoke again! We both feel so much healthier and can run, skip and jump once again without feeling out of breath.

mikeego

Nov 24, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
That is so encouraging that You all feel better and can hold your breath for so long. I feel 10 years younger & lost 30 lbs. I'm glad I switched to vaping. I thought it would be so much harder so I feel a bit blessed. I checked out those tanks & they look super cool. I look forward to trying diff delivery systems in the months to come. Thanks for the advice on spare parts. So the missing o-ring on the drip tip can cause the gurgling and e-liquid leak to mouth?

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
One of the first things I noticed when I switched to vaping was that my heart rate -- both standing and peak -- were about 20 bpm lower according to the elliptical machine. I recently had surgery and the surgeon noted that switching from smoking to vaping was a very good idea. While ymmv, I've definitely noticed fitness benefits to vaping.

mikeego

Nov 24, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Man that's cool to hear the good feedback from your doc. The virility comment had me in stitches. Hahaha« I havn't tried my boge cartos yet. They appear kind of slow/strange to fill from vids I've seen.?? I really like my new kits and the clearos seem to work ok once I learned the tilt to fill. I'm fascinated by both the aesthetic and tech options available for vaping. It also seems a steep learning curve.

mtb

Feb 8, 2010
Los Angeles
I quit smoking cigs quite awhile ago, but always said...joking...if they ever invent a safe way to smoke, sign me up. I was in good shape while I smoked, and it obviously got better after quitting ...I.e. ride 50 to 100 miles on bike no problem...weights, etc. my wife continued to smoke and I got her an e-cig a few years ago. I asked my doctors about e-cigs and health. They said as long as it is nicotine free, they have read nothing wrong with it. So I tried it, loved it, and have seen no decrease in my physical level. I get checked regularly and its thumbs up. Still cycle regularly and if my fitness level fluctuates, it is due more to me not being consistent in training. Have experienced no difference in lung capacity, endurance, strength or stamina. Of course, there are potentially unknown risks. But for those that like smoking but place higher value on their quality of life, I think vaping is a great great alternative. Keep vaping and exercising.

Jonesey

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
I'm three months off the smokes now. I noticed an increase in energy pretty much right away. I've been training in classical shotokan karate in a very technically demanding dojo for over five years now and passed my shodan grading last week with flying colours. At times during the test I thought I was going to die and I wonder now how I'd have felt if I was still a smoker.

Sonso

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
Florida
I am not a fitness buff but I will say as far the lungs go it certainly does make a huge difference in a very short time. I'm a 63 yr old female. I do work hard physically a lot of the time. Lots of hard yard work and landscaping type things. Far from sedentary. I've smoked for close to 50 years heavily. Right now I'm only 10 or 11 days into vaping and being tobacco free. Today I blew up 20 rather large balloons one after another for a wedding. Two weeks ago I could not have blown up one without have to gasp for air. Just saying I think that's an impressive example of the benefits. :)

Sassy Sadie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2010
Vapers Paradise
It was so inspiring to read all your posts!!! Congrats to each one of you for stepping on board the carcinogen free way to get your nic fix!! I have been vaping now for almost 2 1/2 years. I remember the first time I panicked over the thought of my gear breaking down and having to go back to analogs... I knew then I was over the hump... and I have made it a point to have at least one back up PV. LOL Just wanted to wish you all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread