Vaping flavour extremely disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HemiHonda

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Arizona
When I first started vaping I tried a similar product, cigarette look a like deal with cartridges. Went back to smoking analogs the next day. If you like Vaporfi try their Rocket product. It's one of their most popular for beginners. I used a similar product from joyetech, I also used the Rocket, and quit a week after using it. I have been vaping ever since. It took me a good month, spending money, trying different brands, different juices, different equipment.... Don't give up, it's worth it in the long run. It's trial and error type deal. I'm new to this site but it's loaded with a ton of people willing to answer your questions.

Last edited:

HemiHonda

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Arizona
howdy! and welcome!

couple of quick things come to mind - i got some vaporfi flavors early on and was not impressed with them - though they have been steeping now for a while, so i may go back and check them, see if they have improved... i have found a LOT of times with a chemical or alcohol type taste, some steeping (including some time spent with the top off the bottle to let some of the volatiles evaporate off) can make a big difference

don't give up - it may take a little time, research to find flavors that really rock your boat - it's worth it

Same here...the only one I truly liked from them was their Toffee.

Dewal

Aug 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

Brand new to vaping here. I just got my express starter kit from vaporfi. I want a little overboard and bought a few juices and thinking I might even need extra batteries I bought another similar kit from Eversmoke that was on sale and their sample pack of prefilled cartridges. I was really looking forward to it because I've heard when you vape the flavours are delicious but this hasn't been my experience. I've tried 4 of the cartridge flavours (cool mint, piña colada, very vanilla and peppermint party). I also tried the e-juices from vaporfi (very vanilla, amaretto Sunrise and mighty menthol) using the mini clearomizers. All juices and cartridges are 70PG 30VG 1.2 nic except for amaretto sunrise which is 50/50 and 0.6%nic. Juices are double shot. I'm very disappointed because with all these flavours I should have liked something but the truth is none of them taste like I thought they should (exept perhaps the menthol juice which is slightly better). The supposed flavour is week or non-existent and all I get is this weird chemically taste that it's hard to describe but perhaps like some kind of medicine I've had before mixed with rubbing alcohol. I know eversmoke and vaporfi are sister companies so perhaps their juices are like that but reviews were fantastic for these juices which makes me think I'm the problem. Maybe vaping just isn't for me? Extremely bummed. Any advice? Thanks! And sorry for the long post but figure details on juices might be useful for a diagnosis.

Hi, I had the exact same set up as you to start and I can pretty much guarantee that your device is the main cause of your problem. You should look at replacing that first

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you like Vaporfi try their Rocket product. It's one of their most popular for beginners. I used a similar product from Joyetech, I also used the Rocket, and quit a week after using it.

The "Rocket" e-cig is available in an identical specification for about $40-$45.

Reactions: MaxwellPink

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

Brand new to vaping here. I just got my express starter kit from vaporfi. I want a little overboard and bought a few juices and thinking I might even need extra batteries I bought another similar kit from Eversmoke that was on sale and their sample pack of prefilled cartridges. I was really looking forward to it because I've heard when you vape the flavours are delicious but this hasn't been my experience. I've tried 4 of the cartridge flavours (cool mint, piña colada, very vanilla and peppermint party). I also tried the e-juices from vaporfi (very vanilla, amaretto Sunrise and mighty menthol) using the mini clearomizers. All juices and cartridges are 70PG 30VG 1.2 nic except for amaretto sunrise which is 50/50 and 0.6%nic. Juices are double shot. I'm very disappointed because with all these flavours I should have liked something but the truth is none of them taste like I thought they should (exept perhaps the menthol juice which is slightly better). The supposed flavour is week or non-existent and all I get is this weird chemically taste that it's hard to describe but perhaps like some kind of medicine I've had before mixed with rubbing alcohol. I know eversmoke and vaporfi are sister companies so perhaps their juices are like that but reviews were fantastic for these juices which makes me think I'm the problem. Maybe vaping just isn't for me? Extremely bummed. Any advice? Thanks! And sorry for the long post but figure details on juices might be useful for a diagnosis.

I wasn't crazy about any of the four VaporFi juices I bought either. None of them were terrible, but they didn't do much for me. Once I learned about steeping juices I began steeping my VaporFi juices and I haven't sampled them since. I'm sure I'll try them again at some point and I'm sure the steeping has helped them, but at this point I have several juices I really love so I'm in no hurry to go back and try the VaporFi juices again.

Reactions: MaxwellPink

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Hi everyone,

Hang in there! first off, are you still smoking too? Its been proven it takes time for our taste buds to regenerate after giving up tobacco. But mostly I want you to not give up. Most noobs here have to experiment to find just what is the right substitute for their cig craving first! Then after that is in the past, the flavor chasing comes. BUT, it is as different for everyone as are brands and flavors of cigarettes. For you, you need to find the right combinations. Many other noobs start out with a "Vape budget" the first few months, then you'll grow through the gear, the flavors, the whole enchilada.
Welcome, thanks for reaching out!

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hell
[QUOTE="VapeViv, post: 16629631, member: 2671 ]Hi everyone,

Brand new to vaping here. I just got my express starter kit from vaporfi. I want a little overboard and bought a few juices and thinking I might even need extra batteries I bought another similar kit from Eversmoke that was on sale and their sample pack of prefilled cartridges. I was really looking forward to it because I've heard when you vape the flavours are delicious but this hasn't been my experience. I've tried 4 of the cartridge flavours (cool mint, piña colada, very vanilla and peppermint party). I also tried the e-juices from vaporfi (very vanilla, amaretto Sunrise and mighty menthol) using the mini clearomizers. All juices and cartridges are 70PG 30VG 1.2 nic except for amaretto sunrise which is 50/50 and 0.6%nic. Juices are double shot. I'm very disappointed because with all these flavours I should have liked something but the truth is none of them taste like I thought they should (exept perhaps the menthol juice which is slightly better). The supposed flavour is week or non-existent and all I get is this weird chemically taste that it's hard to describe but perhaps like some kind of medicine I've had before mixed with rubbing alcohol. I know eversmoke and vaporfi are sister companies so perhaps their juices are like that but reviews were fantastic for these juices which makes me think I'm the problem. Maybe vaping just isn't for me? Extremely bummed. Any advice? Thanks! And sorry for the long post but figure details on juices might be useful for a diagnosis.[/QUOTE]

Hello and welcome to the ECF.

Go to a vape shop and don't buy juice because they seem interesting.

Actually take time to smell the juice. When you find one that smells nice as if they have a tester bottle so you can take a few drags.

Some vape shops have little gadgets that hold 1/2-1 mm of juice you can plug a drip tip into and sample the juice

Reactions: VapeViv

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Taste in liquid is really hard to predict. Some of my favourites are as little as $1.25 going up to about $7.

The thing is, price is no guarantee. Buying from the self-styled "top brand" in the US who only care about money and selling (rather than customers and vaping) is a recipe for disappointment.

The previous #1 brand in the UK hardly sells even 25% of the liquid (online sales) it used to. Folk got fed up paying $11 for 10ml and are all shopping online and researching their way to better vaping.

Researching doesn't mean Google. Those days are gone. It's the same for almost every product now. The internet has been turned into a massive marketing machine for 'those that can' to extract money from those that don't know any better.

Reactions: VapeViv

VapeViv

Sep 27, 2015
Well, it seems like a concensus that vaporfi juices aren't that great anyway, which is good news because it gives me hope that I'll be able to find something I really like if I keep looking, but bad because I already bought a bunch of juices from them. I'll steep my juices and keep searching for the right one, and upgrade my e-cig. Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Felt really welcome in the vaping community! And I'll let you know how things go :)

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Taste in liquid is really hard to predict. Some of my favourites are as little as $1.25 going up to about $7.

The thing is, price is no guarantee. Buying from the self-styled "top brand" in the US who only care about money and selling (rather than customers and vaping) is a recipe for disappointment.

The previous #1 brand in the UK hardly sells even 25% of the liquid (online sales) it used to. Folk got fed up paying $11 for 10ml and are all shopping online and researching their way to better vaping.

Researching doesn't mean Google. Those days are gone. It's the same for almost every product now. The internet has been turned into a massive marketing machine for 'those that can' to extract money from those that don't know any better.

As a small business owner I long ago learned the importance of social marketing. In fact it's a primary chunk of my marketing budget. While it's important to get your name out there and preferable to do so with good ranking, it's more important that people are talking about your business in a positive light. Word of mouth advertising is THE thing, which makes forums such as this one a godsend. I'd rather learn the honest opinion of a product from those I know have actually vaped it, than read about it elsewhere.

I've heard that the vaping community is a rare, actual bonifide community. I'm sure whatever VF is doing, good or bad, this community will make sure it gets its just desserts.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Samplers. Many on-line vendors have them.

I go to B&M shops and try flavors that I know I can get on-line. I'll buy a bottle or two, but I will try a lot more.

On the other of the coin, I am noticing that shipping charges for on-line purchases are getting a little heavy. It isn't so bad if you buy from just one vendor on-line, but I don't. :(

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Well, it seems like a concensus that vaporfi juices aren't that great anyway, which is good news because it gives me hope that I'll be able to find something I really like if I keep looking, but bad because I already bought a bunch of juices from them. I'll steep my juices and keep searching for the right one, and upgrade my e-cig. Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Felt really welcome in the vaping community! And I'll let you know how things go :)
Don't beat yourself up over it. I, myself, spent $70 on a blu starter kit 5 or 6 years ago only to find it didn't work for me and went back to smoking. The only reason I ended up with VaporFi three months ago is because I hadn't heard of this forum, but knew I didn't want a cig a like, and they were the only ones in the "reviews" who offered anything different.

Thanks to this forum I now know to stay away from their equipment. I also know not to bother with their sample packs. I do however like many of the flavors of juice I've got from them (though I won't order unless they're on sale). Whether they're good enough that I'll still be vaping them a year from now or just good enough for now, I don't know. Hopefully, with better equipment, yours will at least be "good enough for now".

Reactions: skullblade789
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread