• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in public in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
I lived there for 7 years and my wife is Thai.. Electronic Cigarettes are "illegal" in Thailand but "Unregulated" so basically your free to use them but they are not sold at 7-11 or anything because they said the Thailand tobacco Monopoly was going to loose money. So by saying that it keeps it from exploding.. I vape everywhere we go and used to smoke everywhere to (designated areas) .. Basically they care less if you vape or not but they do not want you to take away from the cig industry

My experience is the same. Thai people mind their own business and don't care about anything for the most part. Police are the same. If it is not part of "their job" they do not enforce any law. There is currently no agency with the power to enforce the ban so it is basically toothless with the exception of customs through the airport. If it comes by regular mail, the worst that ever happen to me is to pay customs fees of 30%. There are more Thai vendors then most people are aware of and I have compiled a few that I have dealt with and trust. There are no stores except for junk beginner e-cigs sold at electronics vendors. But you can get a good amount of products including the Siam Mods, Thai made and designed Map Tanks, Juices of various brands, cartomizers, clearomizers, AW batteries and other quality products.

supervape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Lansing,Michigan
have the security or police ever said anything to any of you for any reason at all? lol The reason I say this is because I have NEVER had any security or police do anything accept smile cause they would rather not deal with the paperwork.. I doubt they would say anything unless you were doing it in a non-smoking area and they thought you were smoking,,,, then just say "Mai Buri Krop" and walk away lol

hi. im from manila philippines and will be going to bangkok for a few days on june. can anyone help get the hex mod by siam mods? is it ok to bring in some ejuice to thailand? if yes i can bring some local ejuice from the philippines for you guys to try. if ever you are interested on some vaping stuff from the philippines, i can personally bring it. you can check our local forum PVF | Pinoy Vapers Forum.

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
i vape in the shopping centers, in the cinema, on the streets never had any problems, only intrested thais asking what im smoking :)
by the way in case you didnt know you can open a bank account with kaikorn register for online banking and get a virtual creditcard. It works on all of the international vaping sites!

Kasikorn is good and I use it except for refunds, it takes at least a month or more to get the refund to the virtual card. Bangkok Bang debit cards work and pass AVS on any US site and refunds come in the normal 2 to 3 days. Both are good options.:2c:

redandwhite

Nov 25, 2011
thailand
i love to, but...... i dont have any creditcarddddd :((
all i have is just 2 years old Riva battery and impotent Ego battery (i dunno, but the ego battery is not good as riva, and i dont like it)

you just need to open a kasikorn bank acct, and get online banking. then use the virtual credit card on there. i use it all the time no problems at all.

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
have the security or police ever said anything to any of you for any reason at all? lol The reason I say this is because I have NEVER had any security or police do anything accept smile cause they would rather not deal with the paperwork.. I doubt they would say anything unless you were doing it in a non-smoking area and they thought you were smoking,,,, then just say "Mai Buri Krop" and walk away lol

They will usually not bother you. Keep your PV's without atomizers or Cartomizers. Pack them in your luggage in different bags. If they ask what it is you can say flashlight or battery charger for cell phones since they have no idea what they are. 90% of people are not searched and American's especially are not searched. If you are from an African country, Arab country or Australia you are more likely to be searched.

ussr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
nbcb
They will usually not bother you. Keep your PV's without atomizers or Cartomizers. Pack them in your luggage in different bags. If they ask what it is you can say flashlight or battery charger for cell phones since they have no idea what they are. 90% of people are not searched and American's especially are not searched. If you are from an African country, Arab country or Australia you are more likely to be searched.

Think derrick's problem will be on his return to Sing.. btw is there shops in bkk to shop for mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread