The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping in the field

Discussion in 'Armed Services Forum' started by Cob24, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cob24

Cob24 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been vaping for about 3 months now and I have a 3 week field problem coming up. I'm nervous about how I'm going to maintain my battery power while I'm out there and have no desire to go back to analogs. Anyone got any ideas or tricks of the trade?

2. Crytsr1

Crytsr1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Monmouth, il
    What device are you using? Will you have any place to charge anything? Is a solar charger, power rock or any type of portable charger an option?

3. Cob24

I vape on a provari. I would buy something to keep me going but we get a lot of rain here in Hawaii, especially at the spot in going to. I might have to switch to an ego while I'm out there for the most part as I'm terrified of my precious and the mud.

4. Cob24

5. Jzaelke

Jzaelke Full Member Verified Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Jacksonville, NC
    If you can those like $100 plus solar chargers work really well. The cheap ones, not so much.

6. Oakman_Smalls

Oakman_Smalls Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Is buying extra batteries of the question? I know three weeks is a long time tho. Damn those field problems! lol

7. MorpheusPA

MorpheusPA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    You can buy external batteries of up to about 12,000 mAh. Pre-charge and use a USB lithium battery charger to charge your battery. Plus I'd carry several batteries.

That's kind of bulky but it'll work, and means you only have to bulk recharge occasionally.

Solar chargers might work if you get a good one--you'll need something with a high enough mAh output to charge reasonably during the day and a hookup that can mesh to your charger. I'd still carry a battery pack backup as the sun can be unreliable.

If you have a vehicle, an inverter to charge from your (running) engine will work as well. Even a small inverter will do very well as they tend to work in amps, not milliamps, and have no trouble running any battery charger. Inverters are available online, or from most auto shops, and tend not to be expensive. Personally, I'd buy a good one that does a sine wave output for a few more dollars--you can always use it to run a radio or light in the case of a power outage at home later.

8. Xobeloot

Xobeloot The Dirty Monkey Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2013
    Grafenwöhr, Germany
  9. Oakman_Smalls

Oakman_Smalls Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Tried this in the field before and it couldn't even do an iPhone. Charge seems to last 1:1 for time cranking to extra time on the battery. So unless you have some PVTs to crank for you all day this wont work.

10. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal

A Efest LUC charger comes with a car charger adapter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.