Vaping nicotine issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
Hi, so after I started vaping I got really bad vertigo, and spaced out feeling.
Turns out it's the nicotine in the e-liquid, I've been smoking for 20 years.
I only use 3mg nicotine liquids but it just screws me up.
It takes an hour or two for my head to clear once I stop.
Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to test even lower nic levels?
I don't chain vape, and I'm very careful how much I use the vape.

I discovered this after vaping without nicotine and no issue whatsever until I start using nicotine.

I've ordered some salt based just in case but I doubt this will fix the issue.

And yes I've been to the doctors and we did tests which all came back clear.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, not looking for medical advice, just want to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and if they have any thoughts on causes.

Thanks

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I thought it was lowest nic level you can buy, it's a 0.6 sub ohm i believe

3mg/ml is very low, even for high wattage vaping. I'm an MTL vaper, low wattage, and I use 10-12 mg/ml. But I have no experience with high wattage--big clouds vaping. Do you have any low wattage devices?

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
3mg/ml is very low, even for high wattage vaping. I'm an MTL vaper, low wattage, and I use 10-12 mg/ml. But I have no experience with high wattage--big clouds vaping. Do you have any low wattage devices?
Yes but again, I really don't think its the device. I even gave it to a friend and he chain vaped on it for ten minutes with no issues. Hes never vaped before. I tried multiple flavours and multiple vg/pg ratios without nicotine and had no issue until I introduce nicotine

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes but again, I really don't think its the device. I even gave it to a friend and he chain vaped on it for ten minutes with no issues. Hes never vaped before. I tried multiple flavours and multiple vg/pg ratios without nicotine and had no issue until I introduce nicotine

Where did you get your nicotine base? Maybe it mislabeled? Or the vendor didn't mix it correctly? It sounds like you're overdosing. It happened before. Here on ECF people were complaining about a certain vendor's nicotine, someone titrated it and it was much higher concentration than the label indicated. I can't think of any other explanation.

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
Where did you get your nicotine base? Maybe it mislabeled? Or the vendor didn't mix it correctly? It sounds like you're overdosing. It happened before. Here on ECF people were complaining about a certain vendor's nicotine, someone titrated it and it was much higher concentration than the label indicated. I can't think of any other explanation.
So I bought many diffirent 10ml 3mg nic bottles from many websites, including vsavi range, I have really tried as many as I could. I also bought a few shortfills and added the nic myself to make a 3mg strengh. The only thing left I can think of is to try and make 1.5mg? I've also ordered some salt nic as someone said it's made slightly diffirent and closer to real cigs

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So I bought many diffirent 10ml 3mg nic bottles from many websites, including vsavi range, I have really tried as many as I could. I also bought a few shortfills and added the nic myself to make a 3mg strengh. The only thing left I can think of is to try and make 1.5mg? I've also ordered some salt nic as someone said it's made slightly diffirent and closer to real cigs

Where are you located? I know nothing about shortfills, but I guess anything can be mislabeled.

Nicotine salts are the same as regular nicotine strength-wise. They are just smoother on the throat. Give them a try.

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
Where are you located? I know nothing about shortfills, but I guess anything can be mislabeled.

Nicotine salts are the same as regular nicotine strength-wise. They are just smoother on the throat. Give them a try.
sorry, I'm in the uk, shortfills are like 50ml bottles without nic, so you just add the nic and mix yourself

Reactions: Katya

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yes I’ve smoked for over 20 years
What mg nic are you using to add to juice? Are you using a calculator to know how much nic to add to shortfill? Perhaps your calculations are off...
If not that you may just be sensitive to liquid nic.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Nicotine salts might help as you suggested.

You could also try mixing something at 1.5 mg/ml. Just make sure you give it a good shake and let it sit a while. If it doesn't blend well you can hit pockets of concentrated nicotine when you vape. Especially if the eliquid is cold or has a high VG ratio.

Vertigo can also be related to a problem with the inner ear. I wonder if vapor can reach the inner ear if you are blowing out your nose? I never looked into that idea. Perhaps the nicotine is causing vasoconstriction or inflammation in the inner ear. Although I would think the cigarette smoke would as well...

Are you a dual user? As in, do you smoke and vape? Maybe it has to do with factoring in the overall amount of nicotine you are getting from both sources.

The only other wacky idea I can think of is making sure you are very hydrated before and after vaping. That's very generic advise, but hydration can solve a lot of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread