Vaping nicotine issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
No, because it will be against the law soon for USPS to deliver to a residence and the private carriers decided they don't want to deal with the bullsh-- regulations that have been imposed on them.
Ok so ordered some 1.5mg liquid and also a shortfill with a 18mg nic.
You reckon 2.5ml of nic in the shortfill. Does that make 1mg or 1.5mg nic?

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
Wait a minute. You ordered 1.5mg juice? That's already 1.5mg so adding even a drop of 18mg nic to it will increase from there. The 1.5mg juice is already 1.5mg so I guess you can just vape that. If you want to vape 1mg, you'll have to start with 0mg juice.

no sorry. I ordered 1.5 premade.
And I will also make my own separate one with the shortfill and 18nic

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
If the nic you bought is 18mg and you are starting with a 50ml bottle of 0mg juice, you need to add 2.9ml of nic (ok, 3ml will work) to your 50ml bottle of 0mg juice to get 1mg strength juice.

yeah the calculator is good, both gave me the same results so thank you very much for your help.
I have a junior doctor from abroad who told me that salt nic is made of a different composition but since it’s higher in strength I’m not so sure it would make a difference.

but I’ll update here after I’ve tried very low levels.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
  • Agree
Reactions: r77r7r

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
My main issue seems to be solved using 1.5mg nic. I will DIY myself some 1mg to see if I can vape full on this way. But yeah havent needed a ciggie for almost 3 hours now. Took almost 3 months of the process of elimination. Reading forum posts going back to 2012. Finally found a solution but not a cause.
I even wrote to National centre of smoking cessation to try and help find the cause in order to help others with this issue.

Just seems to be a high sensitivity to this form of nicotine

Thanks for all the help everyone who replied! xxx

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
Salts or freebase? Or did both work at 1.5mg with you? I wonder if the salts would work at 3mg? Ultimately though if you're satisfied with your vape that is what matters.

it’s a 1.5 pre made freebase. I don't think I could vape it continuously but it’s enough that I don’t need a cigarette. I think with salts being stronger it wouldn’t be recommended.
I’ll be trying a diy 1mg next to see if I can vape for longer

iisthebubb

Jan 8, 2021
If you ever try the salts I'd be curious to hear how it works. Also, perhaps as you quit the cigarettes, your reactions may change over time. It will be interesting to hear how everything works for you. I wish you the best of luck and happy you are working towards ditching the cigarettes.
I tried the salts and i had the same bad reaction to them. It seems 1.5mg nic is the sweet spot for me. I’d still like to know the cause.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
It's a mystery to me. I'm sure it could be many things but it makes me wonder about all the chemicals in cigarettes and how they interact with nicotine, especially when being combusted. Versus just having freebase nicotine when vaping.

It's possible that as you quit cigarettes your reaction to freebase nicotine may change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread