Vaping not going well please help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobes2011

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2014
Atlantic Canada
I am new to the vaping world and really want to quit analogs completely. I am using Vision ego currently and also have a brand new itaset v3 if things go well. I am vaping a mild tobacco flavor 70/30 (PG/VG) 12mg. While I am sitting around I will pick it up and have a few vapes then set it down. 5 minutes later I will go out and have a smoke. (Regular strength smoke close to a pack a day). Things seem fine and no problem. Then for example around supper time I had a few vapes went outside not long after for a smoke and got a pretty good head rush, felt kind of sick and had to throw my analog out I couldn't finish it. I don't understand what is going on. Is it the pg or vg? I take some meds for depression and nerve pills and a pills to slow my heart rate down but I have been on them for years and I have smoked for 20+ years. PLEASE HELP!!!

kitkat30

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Washington
Hi there!

It sounds like you're getting too much nicotine from the combo of your ecig and then your analog. You could try to either just use the ecig and no more analogs, cut down on the strength of your analog (go from regular to light or ultra light), or cut down the level of your nicotine in the juice you have. I'd go with just using the ecig, personally.

I used to be a pack-a-day smoker since I was 16 (now 34) and quit with my ecig. It does take some trial and error to figure out what nicotine level is best for you and what gear you want to use but keep on using it, it will get easier!

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
What's going on is you are getting enough nicotine from the vaping, so the cigs may be too much (beginning of nicotine poisoning), so you can't finish it without feeling ill....

That's EXACTLY what happened to me when I started vaping... I wasn't even trying to quit, I had given up on the idea of qutting after nothing I tried worked. I just wanted to cut back some. Well, after about a week of vaping, and smoking less and less each day (clipping the cig because I didn't want to smoke it all, til I was clipping at 1 drag).... I just didn't need cigs anymore:).

The next week, I actively tried to avoid smoking at all, which was harder just from the habit aspect... kept running out to the porch where I smoked, and just standing around feeling dumb... LOL! Once I broke that (they say it takes 3 weeks minimum to break any habit). I was smoke free!!!

vapordan

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 21, 2014
AZ
www.eden-mist.com
Treat your vaporizer as if it were a cigarette. If you would not smoke two cigarettes in a row, don't use your vaporizer and then go smoke a cigarette, and vice versa. This is pretty much mandatory regardless of what strength your liquid or cigarette is. As kitkat said, I would just switch completely to the vaporizer.

If you have the problem with the vaporizer, alone, then switching to a lower strength might be a good idea. Otherwise, priority #1 IMO should be spacing out your vapes and/or smokes. Sorry you've had a rough time, starting out.

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
I am new to the vaping world and really want to quit analogs completely. I am using Vision ego currently and also have a brand new itaset v3 if things go well. I am vaping a mild tobacco flavor 70/30 (PG/VG) 12mg. While I am sitting around I will pick it up and have a few vapes then set it down. 5 minutes later I will go out and have a smoke. (Regular strength smoke close to a pack a day). Things seem fine and no problem. Then for example around supper time I had a few vapes went outside not long after for a smoke and got a pretty good head rush, felt kind of sick and had to throw my analog out I couldn't finish it. I don't understand what is going on. Is it the pg or vg? I take some meds for depression and nerve pills and a pills to slow my heart rate down but I have been on them for years and I have smoked for 20+ years. PLEASE HELP!!!

Yeah. Same thing happens to me but with alcohol. I drink like 3 beers...then right after hit a long pour of tequila. Then shortly after I'll have four more beers. I can't understand why I feel so free, uninhibited, and well kinda like I'm drunk. What's that? Oh you think I might be drinking too much and that's doing it? Huh...who'd a thunk it. :)

How bout you try just one or the other.

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
With vaping, nicotine gets absorbed more slowly. This is because it is primarily absorbed by the mouth and nose, not the lungs (which have a much more direct path to the bloodstream).

If you smoke about 5 minutes after you vape, you might just have gotten hit by a "double-whammy" - the nic from vaping kicking in at the same time as the nic from the cigarette. Perhaps wait a little longer between vaping and smoking to let your nic level stabilize a bit?

I'm not a doctor; this is mostly guesswork on my part.

Edit - I forgot - Welcome to ECF!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Welcome

I agree with kitkat. This can happen pretty soon into vaping when you are in a dual use phase. Chances are it's the cigarette that's causing the problem. I started getting that from cigarettes about three days into vaping. It was weird - they started reminding me of what it was like when I started smoking 30 years ago. Having a smoke was making me a bit woozy, light headed...

It may not even be the nicotine either. It could also be you have become quickly sensitized to all that other crap you get from smoking - including the carbon monoxide. The smoking experience turns on a lot of us in short order when we start vaping, and all that stuff we used to think we loved about smoking can go gross really fast. We don't even know why that happens, but it does - to a lot of us. I never thought I would hate smoking after 30 years and so many other quit attempts I lost count. But within the first week of vaping, between the feeling light headed and dizzy when I smoked a cigarette, and it smelling and tasting gross... Yeah, didn't see that coming.

Last edited:

chebird

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Western Mass
If you are still a pack day smoker I dont think your 12mg is too high on the nic content but if your still smoking just as much AND vaping than its possible your overloading. Isnt it a good thing you threw out your analog? Nobody can tell you exactly what to do, but I started by cutting down on the smokes and filling in the gaps with my ego, eventually I was smoking only those really hard to let go of cigs (first one of the day and after lunch for me)I ran out out of my last carton eventually and that was it!:) biggest thing is dont get discouraged, try to build up your confidence in quitting at your own pace, and try some different flavors. As i found flavors that tasted really good, those analogs started tasting really nasty to me too so I think your on the right track:vapor:

L4z3r

Mar 22, 2014
COLORADO
Lobes,

I am not a doctor.. so this is from personal experience.
First go buy a pack of "not your brand cigarettes" so it tastes really bad not your normal thing. Everytime you smoke one dont do anything else while smoking except how this tastes nasty and you cant wait to quit them. Buy American spirit or the like as they supposedly have no additives, and that is the part you will deal with for the first week.

Change to a flavor NOT tobacco. Find something you really like. Go to the vape shops in your area and try them.. each shop will let you try their flavors out there in the store. I have found I cant stand the taste of a analog as it has NO flavor
Then If you are just quitting go to at least a minimum of 18mg for the first week or two. If you must have that morning first thing cig. Make up your mind that the rest of the day you are vaping only.
Trying to smoke both is giving you too much nicotine.
The difference is the lack of tar in our vaping. Tar is what a regular cigarette has to hold the nicotine to our lungs. vaping has NO tar. so we kind of smoke/vape alot more in the start to get our nic fit. It will slow down.

Buy a few different flavors ... 18mg then buy some better flavors in 12mg . Pretty soon you will find you cant wait to get to the lower level as your taste buds are actually tasting and the flavors are awesome.

You CAN do it !!! I smoked 2 packs a day quit Feb 16th and am at 6mg now.
Proud you are trying to quit and even prouder you are YELLING for HELP.

kitkat30

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Washington
I hadn't even thought of the extra crap that comes with smoking but yeah, that could be adding to everything. Another thing that may help with no more cigarettes is getting a mod that looks nothing like a cigarette/cigar. I started with those old horribly crappy 510s that lasted maybe 20 minutes per charge and it didn't help me one bit with not smoking. I'd get so frustrated I'd go have an actual cig. I then upgraded to an ego and made that my go-to device and have since moved upwards in the vaping world ;) The ego should be good but if you were ever a fan of cigars, it may be too close to the shape and size that could get you craving the real thing. Just my two cents :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Welcome

I agree with kitkat. This can happen pretty soon into vaping when you are in a dual use phase. Chances are it's the cigarette that's causing the problem. I started getting that from cigarettes about three days into vaping. It was weird - they started reminding me of what it was like when I started smoking 30 years ago. Having a smoke was making me a bit woozy, light headed...

It may not even be the nicotine either. It could also be you have become quickly sensitized to all that other crap you get from smoking - including the carbon monoxide. The smoking experience turns on a lot of us in short order when we start vaping and all that stuff we used to think we loved about smoking can go gross really fast. We don't even know what that happens, but it does - to a lot of us. I never thought I would hate smoking after 30 years and so many other quit attempts I lost count. But within the first week of vaping, between the feeling light headed and dizzy when I smoked a cigarette, and it smelling and tasting gross... Yeah, didn't see that coming.

Yup!

Even before I started vaping, every cigarette smoked after a longer than usual break (5-6 hours or so) would make me woozy. Of course, that feeling didn't last. The next one was just right. :facepalm: I quit once for over 4 months and when I smoked my first cig after 4 months of abstinence, I really thought I was going to die--I got so sick I had to lie down.

12 mg/ml is pretty low--for a PAD a day smoker. Try to replace as many cigs with vaping as you can. The longer you go without the real thing, the worse the real thing will feel when you actually light it.

There is nothing wrong with you--quite the opposite! Your body is telling you that cigs are nasty and that it prefers vaping! :toast:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your new endeavor... Lots of great advice and suggestions here.

Reread your post.. You want to quit smoking.. And vaping is not going well because you hcan't smoke a cigarette. :)

Hey vaping is working, instead of smoking a cig pick up the vape and take it outside to vape. The nicotine from vaping creeps up on you.. Sounds like About the time you smoke the cig... And yes cigarettes are nasty and your body may be realizing it.. Guess what you are on the verge of quiting smoking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread