• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping on a budget...recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snout71

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Birmingham, UK

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi snout.

I used a Jac PCC kit for a while, it didn't get me off the fags, but I am grateful for getting started on vaping.

The cheapest way to get stuff is almost certainly from fasttech, but I don't use them for batteries and clearomisers.

If you are interested in evod type products, I would recommend.

Mini Protank Kit

VapeEscape is my favourite vendor, but this deal takes some beating. I bought one, just for the mini protank and a spare battery/charger and have been using it non-stop for 2 weeks. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Snout,
the BEST WAY to vape on a budget is to buy very good equipment in the first place, that will last you and serve you well, and safely.

Becuase you won;t have to replace it in 2 months. :)

If I were you I would establish a relationship with a good vendor and buy genuine joyetech ego twists and /or vision spinners, and their chargers, and get some genuine evods.

I've had my joyetech twists for a year now, and they still work perfectly.

snout71

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Birmingham, UK
yes i understand, maybe i should have rephrased the question.

i want a good quality kit, but not full kit.... in other words, i want a battery and a tank and a charger, i dont want the whole shebang as i can buy a 2nd battery at a later date.

at the moment i cope with a single 180 mah battery with my jacvapour v1pc kit, just trying to keep my initial costs down whilst i step up from my v1pc to a better kit

do you suspect the mini protank kit as not being genuine then?
and what are your thoughts on my original posting
EVOD 650 Batteries [VE506] - £13.99 : Vape Escape
and
EVOD BC Clearomiser [VE505] - £5.95 : Vape Escape

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Hi Snout

I got the vgo2 650mah kit from jacvapour and it works fine, but compatability is an issue (they are the old 901 threads and everything these days is 510 or ego).

If i were in your position, i would go for the riva kit on vapeescape. It has 2 1100 batteries with it that will last you as long as you are likely to need and you really want to get at least 2 batteries so you never have to go without whilst charging.

You get cartos and a clearo so a chance to try a couple of delivery methods with a carry case and charger thrown in for £35. Seems to me like a very good price from a reputable vendor. If you got what you have said above, then when eyou get a 2nd evod 650 battery the price is the same as the riva kit.

snout71

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Birmingham, UK
yeah it is a great deal, my problem is that i am unemployed at the moment, i can afford around £20 but not alot more, which is where the budget comes in in the heading, i dont mind paying it costing me a bit more in the long run, i just need a basic kit with everything i need, i dont need a 2nd battery yet as i still have my jacvapor kit anyway

in your opinion, is the riva better than the evod?

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
To be fair, i have found the biggest advantage in higher capacity batteries just that they last longer between charges. I still use my 650mah batteries and they are fine. People with more experience of both may be able to shed further light on the subject though.

Also, remember... if you are getting a new 650 battery you will need a charger for it, if u dont already have one for that style of battery.

It is difficult budgeting for stuff when you arent working (I've been there too), but at least it will be costing you a lot less than smelly fags! :)

snout71

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Birmingham, UK
i must say tho, my jacvapour 180 mah has served me well, nearly 5 months now and i only have the 1 battery, it is at the end of its life span now tho, but its still plugging on.

the one thing i think i want from my next purchase though is a tank as i find that the carts do not last long, whether its the atomiser or what i dont know. £6.00 for 5 carts that dont last too long seems to be costing me and i feel the tanks with the separate atomisers which can be replaced might serve me better. I also hear that the Vape is better through a tank

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I've only been vaping about the same length of time as you. I started on disposables then got the 10 motives rechargeables before moving on to vgo2's and now i use a couple of VV devices too. The thing with those small carts is that realistically, you get very little out of them - maybe the equivalent of 6 - 8 cigarettes, it's difficult to quantify, but certainly nowhere near some of the daft claims of 25 - 30.

You have done really well to stick to just those for so long and you will find that when you switch to tanks, clearos, etc you will be using more e-liquid, but you will also save money in the long run.

I still use the megacarts of jacvapour with the vgo2 kit and i still rate them - tanks are generally better, but they sure aint perfect, and when you are on a budget if the one tank you do have starts leaking / flooding, giving you dry hits then its going to be really annoying, but at least ppl on here will give you tips on how to fix it (I've only got about 4 varieties of tanks and some ppl on here have dozens, but i have had problems with all but one of them so be prepared to have to fiddle around a lot with them).

snout71

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Birmingham, UK
Thanks for the quick response.

right, now i just need to decide which kit to buy, have heard a few recommendations kanger, evod being the main 2

i think i will buy from vape escape, but what...hmmmm

looking at vapeescape i see that they have clearomisers and tanks separately...ermm whats the difference? sorry to sound like a noob

snout71

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Birmingham, UK
right, change of tactic.

ppl, i want to buy from vape escape as i have heard good things about them.

I need a kit that includes all i need, BUT separate parts (i dont need 2 of anything to try and keep my initial costs down)
and i want good parts.

so, clearomiser or tank, battery (one) , a charger, and anything that i am missing out (coils, atomisers are hopefully included)

Which parts would YOU pick? kanger, evod, spinner?

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Someone with a bit more knowledge than me would have to answer you about the differences between clearomisers and tanks. To me, they are exactly the same unless its a carto tank (where you have a carto which a hole punched in it inserted into the tank).

The kanger protank / vivi nova tank seem the same as clearomisers - a tube, the top with the drip-tip mouth piece in and the base which includes the head (the head is the part that contains the wick and wire, which does wear out and needs replacing).

If you do get a clearomiser or a tank, that something else to think about - you will need to replace the heads, which are generally about £10 for a pack of 5. I find that one head lasts me about 2 weeks of use before i need to replace it, but depends on whether you stick to the same liquid, how often you refill it, whether it ever floods, etc. You could get longer out of it - i guess when other people chime in then you can work out an average of how long a head is likely to last you.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
If you buy seperately, then i think its going to push you beyond your £20 budget (the evod battery and clearo in your earlier link were £20 without charger or spare heads). Add a charger and a couple of spare heads and it's up to £30

So, bearing in mind you still have a bit of postage to pay, why not go for one of the basic kits? I dont know how good the crsytal vision mini kit is, but at least you get everything you need plus a couple of spare heads for £23 + P&P

Crystal Vision Mini Kit [VE478] - £22.95 : Vape Escape

You can use ECF10 discount code and get 10% off so when you add your p&p it's probably going to come out about £22.

Other people on here probably know of better deals elsewhere though, so get some 2nd opinions first! ;)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
thanks Codz, you have been a great help.

anyone wanna chip in on what i should buy from vape escape? separate parts please

What's the budget?

I think I know the vape escape product list without even looking. :)

i.m.o. the Vision Crystal kit is not exactly a bargain. (yes, I have one)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
the budget is around 20-25£

i must say i am sorely tempted by this
$19.81 EGO-EVOD 6-in-1 Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - double e-cigarette / red + blue / 2.6

that someone posted before, reason being £13 is not bad at all, and even if ony the batteries are any good it is still good value

Hard to go wrong with that kit really. If you can bear waiting quite a while from China.

Where are you located (general area, not postcode!!) - I visit B'ham once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread