Vaping sucks today....grrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Every day not smoking is a good day....but yeah, some are better than others. I went thru some real crisis days during my second month. Nothing tasted good, some of the new equipment didn't work they way I thought it should, yada yada. Now that I've settled in, some days are just OK, some are good, and some are great.

dlipford370

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
michigan
I'm with ya metrabolic...especially when I was using analog type vapes. I was trying to make the best of them, and getting sweet cartos, and using adapters..but finally I realized my v2 and eversmokes weren't going to cut it. Got an ego/kgo vv, and haven't had an issue yet. If the vape is tasting gross, I can adjust the temp, and haven't had a leak yet.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
I did have a day like that, just last week. Nothing tasted right, I couldn't figure out what flavor I wanted, my batteries felt like they were taking forever to charge, I opened my EVOD upside down (which means actually right side up) yeah, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Hang in there, because for me, the next day was wonderful!! :)

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
this scenario is why I have learned to keep plenty of different batteries and delivery methods on hand. sometimes your fav just isn't living up to it's potential for whatever reason.. and instead of throwing my hands up in the air and pouting/grumbling/swearing, I grab a LR atty and drip.. or spark up the Magma tank.. or load up a Nano.. and do a massive cleaning session.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
We've all had them. The "nothing is working and it's all crap" days. And to make it worse, you're usually nic-deprived.

E-cigs are fiddly. After a while, you develop a set of "tools", backups, options, etc that you like to fiddle with. Sometimes just switching stuff out works. Sometimes cleaning threads. Sometimes...you never figure it out because you threw it against a wall (not really I hope!).

Hang in there. I even have some emergency nic-lozenges for days when my last coil breaks or whatever. I'm not going to try and tell you what to order. But make sure you give yourself options and "fail-safes".

Good luck.

Mackhaio5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I had vapor's tongue for a whole month about 1 month after I had the flu. I kept telling myself it was my wick/coil and I built about a medium size bowl full or wick and coil before I accepted it was vapor's tongue. I tried analogs and could barely taste that either. But that month was pure misery. And when I started to not like cartos and went through a 5 pack to realised that I don't like cartos anymore either.

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
E-cigs are fiddly.

I've only been at this a few weeks and have come to the same conclusion. Now I'm working on acquiring backups for my backups for the times when things just don't seem to want to work.

Nonetheless, I figure a bit of a hassle is a reasonable price to pay in order to be able to take a deep breath, smell the summer air, and to be able to taste food again.

Hang in there, ultimately the rewards are worth it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Do others out there have these days or is it just me?

Sure. I think everyone does from time to time.

I've kinda gone on a 3 Day Stretch lately where noting seem to Work with my Day-to-Day e-Liquid. I'd try Higher Voltage. Then Try Lower Voltage. New Clearo. Old Clearo. Poke at the Wick. Whatever.

Nothing.

Had to mix up a Cinna-Bomb Clone just to Break the Rut. And I VERY rarely use Oil Based e-Liquids. But it did the Trick. Now my D2D taste Great Again.

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
I have ran into some speedbumps on my vaping journey, but its worth it. My lungs, teeth, cat, hair, and skin all stay the way I prefer them.............because regular ciggs suck!!! I just had a clogged nova that was burning my liquid and upsetting me. Im high now because I vaped so much fixing it. I opened the air holes and used a dental instrument to twist the metal terminal, open the air vents, and clean out atty head. Now I am vaping like a champ and I learned a lot along the way, lol. Its all about learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread